shape
carat
color
clarity

Postage Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All!

So here''s my postage inquiry.
We have sqaure invites and enclosed within is the invitation, response card and envelope and map.
What is the typical postage for square envelopes???

I appreciate your help!
-Janna

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always seen in all the wedding magazines etc, that you should take one fully ready invitation to the post office and have them TELL you exactly how much postage it needs. Just because nothing is worse than having ALL your invitations returned with huge INSUFFICIENT POSTAGE stamps on them!
14.gif
So even though the post office is a pain, I''d say better safe than sorry....

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
I had to use the 60-something cent stamp for my square envelopes - containing folded invitation & ribbon, reception card, RSVP card & envelope, & small table size card that I had our website info printed on.

The post office has those new wedding stamps, and what was handy for me is that they also come in a combo set - 20 39-cent stamps (for RSVP envelopes) and 20 60-something cent stamps on the same sheet. Very handy and helped me keep track because as long as I had the same amount of 39-cent stamps as I did 60-something cent stamps, then I knew I hadn''t missed any envelopes.

I think w/ any square envelopes you have to use the 60-something (sorry, I can''t remember if it is 63? 68? Too lazy to go downstairs to look...) cent stamp. It ended up fine for me because even if my invitation weren''t square, the weight would have required me to use extra postage anyways.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 3:40:32 PM
Author: albicocca
I''ve always seen in all the wedding magazines etc, that you should take one fully ready invitation to the post office and have them TELL you exactly how much postage it needs. Just because nothing is worse than having ALL your invitations returned with huge INSUFFICIENT POSTAGE stamps on them!
14.gif
I did this to confirm as well & asked the lady at the counter if they could be hand cancelled.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock

style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 142px">Date: 5/3/2006 3:45:00 PM
Author: teebee

14.gif
I did this to confirm as well & asked the lady at the counter if they could be hand cancelled.
Ditto... it''s a hassle but it''s well worth the peace of mind.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 4:33:04 PM
Author: LizzieC

style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 142px">Date: 5/3/2006 3:45:00 PM
Author: teebee

14.gif
Ditto... it''s a hassle but it''s well worth the peace of mind.
Yep I did this as well, it took 5 minutes at the local PO and then I had peace of mind. I think ours were $0.60? They were square as well. I just bought whatever the ''love'' stamp was at the time in that denomination.

Also you know you can have them sent over to a PO in ''love, utah'' or whatever the place is called, and ask for them to be hand-cancelled? Then the post-mark on the stamp says ''love, utah''...I don''t know if it''s actually love, utah but there ARE a handful of places in the US in various states that have cutesy wedding names and lots of people just send their invites over in a box with stamps on them and a note asking to hand cancel and mail from there. I read it in a bridal mag a while ago. Downside is you''d have to add extra time into the process, so not sure if you have the extra week or so to spare. You may be able to find the list of the cute name post offices on the internet?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
eta here is one, loveville, maryland!

The post office of Loveville, Maryland offers a creative and generous service. They have a custom Loveville postmark that they use when canceling wedding invitations by hand. The first few dozen are free. After that there is a small charge of a few cents per piece. If you like, you may include a pre-addressed invitation to yourself. They will retain it and mail to you on your wedding day canceled with your wedding date. Call 301 475 5243 for specific instructions.

If cupids are just a little too wild but you still want to have your invitations hand canceled, the regular Loveville postmark (pictured at right) might work. This is a good option for couples in large cities where postal workers are too busy to hand cancel each piece. Call 301 475 5243 for specific instructions.

Here is the URL with the image of their postage cancelling and the cupid image with the date:

http://www.weddingbee.com/category/stationary/

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s funny. When I was in college people used to drive over to mail their Christmas cards...the town name? Bethlehem.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG did you go to Lehigh? That''s where Greg went.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeh- martha stewart did a story on the places. maybe it''s on her website.

mara, thanks for posting that website! she''g got interesting stuff!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
14.gif

Absolutely the way to go. take one, assembled and fully ready to go, and have them weigh it! Squares are more as you know, irregular shape...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results