shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your pet crowns here!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh noes! I'm sorry about your shoulder; cat claws are fierce. Do try again later; I'd love to see your sweet beastie :)

It just goes to show that they dictate the photography schedule, lol.

Well its not like i didnt deserve itv :lol-2:
I will to win some royal favour tonight

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Well its not like i didnt deserve itv :lol-2:
I will to win some royal favour tonight

Lol, I wish you Godspeed in your endeavours, kind lady :) His Lordship, of the above photos, is highly finicky in his dispensation of royal favour.

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
The photos everyone has posted so far, with accompanying commentary, are a delight to peruse :) Both pets and jewelry are simply marvelous. Thank you all so much for contributing! I can't wait to see more bejeweled pets!!!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Sakiko chan, our wabi sabi style cat. Looks fabulous in her cheap vintage 875 silver/green glass crown. I tried it on 4 other cats but she wore it best! IMG_1814 (2).JPG

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Sakiko chan, our wabi sabi style cat. Looks fabulous in her cheap vintage 875 silver/green glass crown. I tried it on 4 other cats but she wore it best! IMG_1814 (2).JPG

What a stunning cat! And I agree with @Polabowla, that gorgeous ring really matches her eyes. Most of my jewelry is cheap vintage, lol, and is loved no less because of that fact, so you and Sakiko chan are representing! :) I like the "wabi sabi" descriptor; I have never heard it used to describe that coat pattern. I shall use that going forward!

Such pretty pets, everyone! My heart sings that we as a community bejewel our pets, lol.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Here is our King of the Universe sporting his little crown. I received this ring from my daughter who bought it in memory of our previous King, also a German Shepherd. That dog died on my birthday in October 2013. He had cancer and we brought him to the emergency vet clinic late evening. We came home without him:cry2:...I am still celebrating my birthdays because they end on 2pm Pacific time (I was born in Ukraine). But I refused to celebrate for 3 years after he passed. His name was Schwartz. My daughter did the engraving herself. We got a new King in August of 2014, I don't know why we waited for 10 long-long months... IMG_1820 (2).JPG IMG_1829 (2).JPG IMG_1832 (3).JPG

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Here is our King of the Universe sporting his little crown. I received this ring from my daughter who bought it in memory of our previous King, also a German Shepherd. That dog died on my birthday in October 2013. He had cancer and we brought him to the emergency vet clinic late evening. We came home without him:cry2:...I am still celebrating my birthdays because they end on 2pm Pacific time (I was born in Ukraine). But I refused to celebrate for 3 years after he passed. His name was Schwartz. My daughter did the engraving herself. We got a new King in August of 2014, I don't know why we waited for 10 long-long months... IMG_1820 (2).JPG IMG_1829 (2).JPG IMG_1832 (3).JPG

What happened with your dog is very sad and I'm sorry to hear it. I understand your reaction; we lost our big beautiful baby close to Thanksgiving almost a decade ago, and I've never really been into Thanksgiving since. It takes a while to open your heart again to a new critter; 10 months isn't that long, relatively speaking. It was years before I decided I could have another cat added to the roster. I am sure many of us here know that dreadful feeling of leaving a vet clinic empty-handed. Our baby had cancer, too, and they told us he could have surgery and be good as new. Only to find mid-surgery that the cancer had spread much further than realised. Instead of leaving with our little tiger, whom I adored obsessively, we left with just his crate and blanket and toys. My heart broke that day and my baby took a piece of me with him. I loved him as though he were my child, and while I know that sounds crazy, it is what it is.

I am glad you can celebrate your birthday again. I am sure your beautiful German Shepherd would not want you to be sad on his behalf. Your new shepherd is amazing, such intelligent eyes; German Shepherds are one of my favourite dog breeds. :) And that is a very sweet ring to remember your other canine by.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
What happened with your dog is very sad and I'm sorry to hear it. I understand your reaction; we lost our big beautiful baby close to Thanksgiving almost a decade ago, and I've never really been into Thanksgiving since. It takes a while to open your heart again to a new critter; 10 months isn't that long, relatively speaking. It was years before I decided I could have another cat added to the roster. I am sure many of us here know that dreadful feeling of leaving a vet clinic empty-handed. Our baby had cancer, too, and they told us he could have surgery and be good as new. Only to find mid-surgery that the cancer had spread much further than realised. Instead of leaving with our little tiger, whom I adored obsessively, we left with just his crate and blanket and toys. My heart broke that day and my baby took a piece of me with him. I loved him as though he were my child, and while I know that sounds crazy, it is what it is.

I am glad you can celebrate your birthday again. I am sure your beautiful German Shepherd would not want you to be sad on his behalf. Your new shepherd is amazing, such intelligent eyes; German Shepherds are one of my favourite dog breeds. :) And that is a very sweet ring to remember your other canine by.

Thank you! He was 8.5 years old and he didn't feel well, lost weight. But he was on a Rx diet for maintaining his weight because of the severe problems with his hind legs and the vet wanted him to be much lighter. We brought him to his regular vet first and everything was checked and appeared to be normal. He got refills for his fish oil and for his regular pain medication. In one week he was dead. His chest became purple and his breath was very heavy and elaborated. The vet at an emergency clinic did x-ray and the cancer was everywhere. We had an option to get very powerful pain medication and come back in a few days or on the next day morning but we decided against it. When one of our kitties passed in 2017, I sent my daughter to an animal shelter 3 days later and asked her to bring any kitty she likes. After our other cat passed several months later, my daughter ventured to shelter first thing next morning and brought little Sakiko chan. I think when our King passes hopefully no earlier than in 10 years, we will go from the vet straight to the breeder. He is almost 6 years old now. We have one older kitty who 1472939_10151834635711943_1338243446_n.jpg 12141115_1109233342435348_6079758329503098832_o.jpg IMG_1833.JPG was Schwarz's best friend. All others are 3-4y.o. now.

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! He was 8.5 years old and he didn't feel well, lost weight. But he was on a Rx diet for maintaining his weight because of the severe problems with his hind legs and the vet wanted him to be much lighter. We brought him to his regular vet first and everything was checked and appeared to be normal. He got refills for his fish oil and for his regular pain medication. In one week he was dead. His chest became purple and his breath was very heavy and elaborated. The vet at an emergency clinic did x-ray and the cancer was everywhere. We had an option to get very powerful pain medication and come back in a few days or on the next day morning but we decided against it. When one of our kitties passed in 2017, I sent my daughter to an animal shelter 3 days later and asked her to bring any kitty she likes. After our other cat passed several months later, my daughter ventured to shelter first thing next morning and brought little Sakiko chan. I think when our King passes hopefully no earlier than in 10 years, we will go from the vet straight to the breeder. He is almost 6 years old now. We have one older kitty who 1472939_10151834635711943_1338243446_n.jpg 12141115_1109233342435348_6079758329503098832_o.jpg IMG_1833.JPG was Schwarz's best friend. All others are 3-4y.o. now.

Your story tears at my heart. There are several parallels to my kitty's story; he'd lost weight, seemed listless and preoccupied for 7 months. I took him to the vet 4 times during that period, who always said he was just depressed. I was baffled as to why he should be depressed, for nothing had changed at home. I should have gone for a second opinion, but he was the family vet whom I'd been taking pets to for 20 years. I blame myself for losing my tiger-kitty. If the cancer had been caught sooner, he could have had a long and happy life. He was only 8 when he died. That's on the young side for a cat, and ours tend to live 18-20 years.

I think you made the right choice for your beautiful dog, but I know it was a hard one. Again, we had the same choice - put our cat on pain meds and let him live out the rest of his days in pain and fear, or let him go in peace. We chose the latter; I could never countenance doing the other to our pets, though that is of course a personal decision.

Sakiko chan and your new King of the Universe are gorgeous pets; all the pets posted have been beautiful, in fact. I hope they live long lives with you. Engraving jewelry in a beloved pet's memory is a lovely way to keep the memory alive and to honour their life. Your ring has made me consider doing just that.

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous Tiger Kitty.jpg
Here is my beloved Tiger Kitty. I am trying to find the picture of him wearing purple yarn. Once I do, I shall post it. Yarn counts as fashion jewelry, right? ;-)

Last edited:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I loved him as though he were my child, and while I know that sounds crazy, it is what it is.

I am sorry for your terrible pain after the loss of your fur baby. Yes, they are our children and we love them dearly.

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
I am sorry for your terrible pain after the loss of your fur baby. Yes, they are our children and we love them dearly.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

I wish I had taken more pictures of him.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I'm sorry for the loss of the beautiful pets! They are gone but not forgotten that is for sure.
Schwartz was a magnificent dog!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous Tiger Kitty.jpg
Here is my beloved Tiger Kitty. I am trying to find the picture of him wearing purple yarn. Once I do, I shall post it. Yarn counts as fashion jewelry, right? ;-)

Beautiful Tiger! Big and warm. Yarn counts as fine jewelry if it is natural. If not then it counts as fabulous costume jewelry :D

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful Tiger! Big and warm. Yarn counts as fine jewelry if it is natural. If not then it counts as fabulous costume jewelry :D

:) That is a grand way to look at it!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies' absolute favorite JB finally cooperated! But I didn't get the IMG_1837 (2).JPG IMG_1840 (3).JPG IMG_1842 (2).JPG IMG_1845 (2).JPG best pictures. One of his brothers was constantly rubbing his head against the camera lens during the photo session. JB's lower jaw is a little bit shorter than it should be so he always looks cute.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies' absolute favorite JB finally cooperated! But I didn't get the IMG_1837 (2).JPG IMG_1840 (3).JPG IMG_1842 (2).JPG IMG_1845 (2).JPG best pictures. One of his brothers was constantly rubbing his head against the camera lens during the photo session. JB's lower jaw is a little bit shorter than it should be so he always looks cute.

Pretty kitties!!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I asked in another thread if anyone besides me places rings and other pieces of jewelry on their pets' heads, to serve as wee "crowns" for the wee creatures. I'm not alone - you guys do this, too! Post your pets' trappings of royalty here :) It doesn't even have to be a ring, per se; I've layered necklaces on my cats, too. Let's see your pets in all their finery!

(And if this needs to be moved to another spot, then please let me know where it should go. I'm still new here and not entirely sure where something as miscellaneous as this should go.)

I'll go first. Here is His Lordship, as posted in the other thread:
CatWearingCrown3.jpg CatWearingCrown1.jpg CatWearingCrown4.jpg

OMG, a ginger cat! "What? Am I being inconvenienced? Let me think about it when I have more time." Wonderful - thank you for this!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
This is such a cute thread! I can’t help but pop in here and there to see everyone’s cute photos.

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
This is all Miso would tolerate.
I'm lucky I got this shot!
IMG_20200628_204123.jpg

Stunning cat!! Kitty has the same look that my long-haired cat has when I try to place jewelry on her head. :) Very pretty ring!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock

:kiss2: Your felines are so cute! I have a soft spot for brown & black striped tabbies, because I had one as a child. I love this series of shots! The other kitty looks so curious, lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results