shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your favorite junk food.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super junk Oreo McFlurry...yeah, I know it's bad, but oh so GOOD! I adore ice cream, gelato and anything related, and love 'high end' and artisanal icecream, so I just wonder how the heck it's so cheap and so good, lol.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownies with HALO Vanilla Bean ice cream. OMG!!! I have been hooked on these for 3 months now. Heaven!!!!!

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Haven't had any in decades but my favorite junk food used to be Reese's Peanut butter cups. HEAVEN!:halo:
I can still remember how delicious it tasted.:lickout:
Reese's cups were my favorite "3rd set" treat. I would inhale a couple during the break -- it gave me enough energy to get through the match. My coach hated it, but I was young, invincible, and with a fast metabolism.

My favorite candy bar is Fran's Coconut Gold Bar. It's a gourmet version of Almond Joy -- high quality dark chocolate outside, creamy white chocolate coconut filling inside -- it's killer. Seek these out when in Seattle.

But my favorite junk food are fries: double or triple cooked, crispy on the outside fluffy on the inside, and served with bernaise sauce.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Homemade cookies and chocolate.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This Chicago girl loves :

IMG_0053.JPG

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can. Not. Resist. If they are in the house, they are gone. I stopped buying them... except for once a month. DH knows to run and hide if he sees them. ;-):lol::lickout::saint:

ccchips.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BBQ Twist Fritos
Pizza
Breyer's Oreo Blast ice cream

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
P

PierreBear

Candy and all the baked goods I try to make such as cookies, cream brulee, etc. Love chips and ice cream. Oh gosh nutella on toast is fantastic.

How did y'all give up snacks? Really impressed that some of yall haven't touched tour favorite snacks in such a long time. Tell me the secret!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did y'all give up snacks? Really impressed that some of yall haven't touched tour favorite snacks in such a long time. Tell me the secret!!

Simple.
Give up foods that give you the greatest endorphin rush.

How?
Accept that those foods kill you.
Isn't living longer more pleasurable than dying?

So ultimately, I guess it IS about pursuing pleasure.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Candy and all the baked goods I try to make such as cookies, cream brulee, etc. Love chips and ice cream. Oh gosh nutella on toast is fantastic.

PierreBear, I cannot speak for others but for me I just went cold turkey re my trigger foods. Now I can enjoy one homemade PB treat during the holidays and occasionally a piece of my dh's home baked pies etc but basically I have none of my trigger foods all year long. And that's how I do it. I remove temptation.

I used to love eating PB and other things that aren't so healthy for you (in the quantity I would enjoy it that is as I know PB can be very healthy in small amounts but I cannot just stop at one tablespoon yanno?). So I know my limitations and I don't keep them around to tempt me. That is how I do it. And anyway it helped that some of these foods would make me ill after I ate them so that is a powerful motivator in itself.

OMG now that I am thinking back I remember I used to eat Jelly Bellies by the handful. I had a mean sugar habit. And the way I broke it was I stopped eating all added sugar and all candy etc. Once you break the cycle of the sugar addiction it is easier to withstand the temptation but it was a tough few weeks (decades ago) if I remember correctly.

You can do it if you want to!!!! When you are trying to go cold turkey and the desire for sugar hits you go for a walk, call a friend, brush your teeth, exercise, put your favorite music on loud and dance and remove yourself from the situation and change the scenery if you need to and just move. That in itself will help.We are here to cheer you on and help any way you can...just reach out and we are here for you. Good luck!!!!!

P

PierreBear

Thanks, Missy! I enjoy working out and eating very healthy so I would like to think that it's only 10% of my diet that I let go of to "pursue pleasure" as Kenny mentioned above. Looking at my habits and my physical build, no one would guess that I love all these terrible things so perhaps I'm doing ok in moderation. However, if I had to quit it cold turkey, I'm not sure if I had the determination?! If someone told me, if you didn't eat any sugar for 1 year and you will get a 4 ct diamond... man... it would sure be tough. hahaha! Good luck to all staying healthy!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coming Friday is Mid-Autumn Moon Festival. It is a Chinese tradition to eat some mooncakes on that day. I got a head start. :lickout: it is very high in sugar and cholesterol (190 calories in ea. little piece) it'll give you an instant heart attack!...:bigsmile:
ambu23.gif

IMG_0492.jpg IMG_0493.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't see this as junk food. What is junk about egg and pastry....in (most) every culture seems a staple to me.........

:)
especially if your nanna makes it
it just looks the kind of thing a grandma would make especially because she knows the grand kids or who ever loves them

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven't had any in decades but my favorite junk food used to be Reese's Peanut butter cups. HEAVEN!:halo:
I can still remember how delicious it tasted.:lickout:
next time i have some I'll make sure i eat extra for you

angeljosephy

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire You should try out egg custard mooncakes... These ones from the Peninsula are amazeballs.:Up_to_something:

moonboxes_708x708.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
next time i have some I'll make sure i eat extra for you

Haha how kind of you, thank you dear @Daisys and Diamonds. Just a few weeks ago I actually indulged and had PB cups added to my ice cream. It wasn't as good as I remembered. I don't tolerate sweet stuff as well as I used to probably because I am no longer used to it and my system doesn't process it well.

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 6.23.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 6.23.15 AM.png

Though I suspect if I had a Peanut butter cup straight on its own I would very much still enjoy it. I think added to ice cream was just too much for me and it was also too many PB cups but I did end up giving Greg many of them so it didn't go to waste. ;-)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha how kind of you, thank you dear @Daisys and Diamonds. Just a few weeks ago I actually indulged and had PB cups added to my ice cream. It wasn't as good as I remembered. I don't tolerate sweet stuff as well as I used to probably because I am no longer used to it and my system doesn't process it well.

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 6.23.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 6.23.15 AM.png

Though I suspect if I had a Peanut butter cup straight on its own I would very much still enjoy it. I think added to ice cream was just too much for me and it was also too many PB cups but I did end up giving Greg many of them so it didn't go to waste. ;-)
that looks so yummy
i would have wrapped those extra peanut butter cups in a paper servette and stashed them in my handbag
when ever i clean out my handbag there are always old chocolate crumbs in there !
im really glad you took the opeerunity to treat yourself and Greig

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmmm....Im definetely a sweets girl;

-Haagen-dazs green tea flavored ice cream
-Toblerone Swiss milk chocolate bar with honey and almond nougat
-Dark chocolate covered pretzels (I can only do about 5) or dark chocolate covered haribo gummy bears
-Nutella straight out of the jar (just a spoonful)
-Doritos Classic in Salsa Verde
-Baskin&Robin ice cream in bubblegum or raspberry cheesecake

Oh and all y'all that are saying torilla chips and guacamole as your junk food are NUTS! Thats a staple here in New Mexico and is actually considered quite healthy in containing good fats.
Although usually its made here with freshly smashed avocados, your favorite salsa, chopped green Chile, fresh squeezed lime, fresh cilantro, onion and garlic powder, and a dash of salt.

Id actually bet that the now popular "avocado toast" with two slices is worse for you than a small bowl of guac and tortilla chips to yourself!
How dare y'all say its junk food! :P2

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Poutine :lickout:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm so many to choose from! :think:
  • Ice cream - Maggie Beer "Burnt Fig, Honeycomb & Caramel" flavour...:lickout:
  • Various cheeses on crackers with a glass of excellent wine;
  • Wood fired margarita pizza with extra basil & chilli;
  • Pastries & coffee from the french patisserie :whistle:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ice cream in the summer esp chocolate and strawberry, one scoop of each

Pastries and baked goods, especially scones

Chocolate eclairs-there is a coffee shop near us that makes them in house :lickout:

That's really it but my sweet tooth gets me into a ton of trouble, just ask my pants :lol-2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plain M&Ms are my all time favorite candy. I also love Reeses cups and Pringles.
I love Gummy bears, and peanut brittle, but I try to stay away from sticky and hard candy cause I have a few crowns in my mouth that I'd like to keep!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results