shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your dolls

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Wow- so many beautiful dolls! I actually got into collecting Blythe dolls a few years ago as a photography hobby. At that time there was a very active group on flickr that would photograph Blythes and post them. Because you can change their eye color by pulling a string (4 different eye colors) you could create different looks. Along with this there were customizers who carved and painted dolls, some that created realistic eye chips, people who changed doll hair to soft alpaca locks, and a huge cottage industry of clothing and accessory designers. Some of the clothes selling in the hundreds of dollars and dolls in the thousands. The hobby is still around, but not like it used to be. I still enjoy photographing them and will pull them out from time to time and dress them from the huge wardrobe I collected along the way. P8020148.jpg P7260081.jpg P2070167.jpg L1060864.jpg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have only owned 1 doll, and it was baby-looking doll, the size and look of a newborn infant. I never wanted miniature "Adult" dolls. I wanted a doll that mimicked a real baby, so it cried, had a bottle , and had a little peepee hole so I could change it's diaper when wet. No, I don't have it anymore....my daughter never really had a doll either unless you count a Dora the Explorer pillow in the shape of a human.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing photos, PinkJewel!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the blonde one with the flower band round her head. She looks like she's at a music festival c. 1965!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daisys - I bought her one! But we need to wait until the weather warms up!

Today she got a new Care Bears nightdress, complete with socks and scrunchie! She can't believe it after almost fifty years of wearing Victorian bloomers!

Laura Care Bear Nightdress.jpg

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
She looks adorable!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I love the blonde one with the flower band round her head. She looks like she's at a music festival c. 1965!

haha- yes, my little flower child

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Care Bears! I love it.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Introducing....Roller-Doll! :lol:

Roller Doll.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I swear every outfit is cuter and cuter. Do you mind me asking where you found these and how you make sure they fit her so well?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Yada, sure, I got them from Amazon. Links below. Regarding the fit, it's a fluke. I think 18-inch dolls must be pretty standardized in size, and so the clothes made for 18-inch dolls therefore fit most 18-inch dolls. She's a little thinner in the waist than the American Girl dolls, and she's almost 19 inches, but it seems that clothes for 18-inch dolls - and the 18-inch dolls themselves - are much of a muchness, measurements-wise. And the jeans are stretchy.

N.B. The socks she's wearing in the roller-doll outfit are actually newborn baby socks!

Roller-skating outfit:

Gray coat with pale-pink bows:

Plaid outfit:

Cute Ugg-style boots:

Pajamas and slippers:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
God, there's so much cute stuff out there for dolls these days. Not like when I was a child! I've just bought her a riding outfit from Amazon. And a pink velvet jacket from American Girl. I need to stop! :wacko:

Let's have another look at what a complete fashion disaster she was before the make over.

:errrr: :lol:

Pre-Laura.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
haha.gif

MjK1

Shiny_Rock

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone is interested, this brand, Carpatina, has some nice-looking dolls' clothes. I haven't bought any, but I might, at some point:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results