shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your dolls

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never really liked dolls. I was all about the animals. I much, much preferred animals to dolls. I only had one one doll I rather liked, and I found her in the attic pre-Covid. I put her on the Goodwill pile. But then I rescued her. She was the only childhood doll I liked, so I decide to keep her as a memento of my childhood. 18 months goes by, and she's still wearing her original outfit, which is 40 years old.

So I decided to buy her a modern outfit, and got completely carried away, buying her all manner of cool clothes. There are so many nice clothes for dolls these days!

Post your dolls here, if you have any! I know some people like to collect them. I don't have any desire for another doll, but this one is going to be well-dressed! I got her a figure-skating outfit, roller skates, a gymnastic uniform...this is all Amazon's fault.

Original:

Laura.jpg

Laura.jpg

After I did her hair today, because it was so tangled.

Two of the outfits on their way:

Laura's New Coat.JPG

Modern Outfit on model.JPG

OTOH, I feel I'm going crazy, dressing my old doll up. On the other, I'm recycling! (And lockdown is driving me crazy!)

Post your doll(s) in their best outfits!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love that purple outfit! I was big into stuffed animals too but dolls were not far behind.

I have a doll collection but don’t change their clothes. I collected most of these years ago apart from the Cabbage Patch collection. Actually one of the CPK dolls in the front row my mom gave me for Christmas when I was six or so.

D51EADAA-9A80-40F1-A2A7-37F089EF9582.jpeg

This one came from a doll show, she is all porcelain with meticulously made clothes.
FE7610F5-2CC9-46CA-AD7B-BE067AD2E546.jpeg

This one is Shy Violet, I always admired her growing up in magazines (she was one of those mail away dolls) but I couldn’t afford her at the time. About ten years ago I found this one at a tag sale:

A76E74AF-7375-4DD2-A77C-EC3862C9BA0A.jpeg

Another doll show acquisition, she is also all porcelain
F52968E9-9A71-46C3-AFAC-891D352AC346.jpeg

details on the front of her dress
CF6FBFAF-A6EC-45A5-9940-838F62BBB87A.jpeg

view of the back
8C527A0E-4FC9-41E7-ADDC-19A6D65FD78F.jpeg

Musical Holly Hobbie, love her!
3BFE0F61-51B2-49DA-BBC1-3DC3C54FBB4A.jpeg

This is a picture of me back in the 80’s at my SIL’s house (brother’s wife, they are significantly older) she had a doll room, it was floor to ceiling dolls on all the walls. Way too much!
3050D55D-8EEE-45A9-B31D-D989D527D2E4.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no. Oooohhh no. No no no no no.

I could go down this path of addiction SO easily, I can barely articulate it! I LOVED dolls when I was little, and I could become genuinely OBSESSED if I went the "now what will she be wearing today, hmmm?" route as an adult!

I need to walk away from this thread - pronto!

(But before I go - I love that purple outfit, @Jambalaya! And @YadaYadaYada - your HAIR! Wow!! And as for that creepy loooking doll standing up on the floor next to you, waving - or maybe signalling for help? - no. Just - no. The soul of a distressed dead Victorian child forever captured in porcelain. Yeah - no.)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I could go down this path of addiction SO easily, I can barely articulate it! I LOVED dolls when I was little, and I could become genuinely OBSESSED if I went the "now what will she be wearing today, hmmm?" route as an adult!

(But before I go - I love that purple outfit, @Jambalaya! And @YadaYadaYada - your HAIR! Wow!! And as for that creepy loooking doll standing up on the floor next to you, waving - or maybe signalling for help? - no. Just - no. The soul of a distressed dead Victorian child forever captured in porcelain. Yeah - no.)

This made me laugh @mrs-b! :lol:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't collect dolls but my mom has a few cabinets of them. She has a few of my childhood dolls amongst them.

Here are two of them..the one in orange was my Crissy doll popular in the late 60's. You could make her hair shorter or longer by turning the knob on her back.
20210415_210102.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't collect dolls but my mom has a few cabinets of them. She has a few of my childhood dolls amongst them.

Here are two of them..the one in orange was my Crissy doll popular in the late 60's. You could make her hair shorter or longer by turning the knob on her back.
20210415_210102.jpg

I had this Crissy!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is 'Viola' by Hamburger and Co. and 'Floradora' made by Armand Marseille.
They are both German dolls made about 1910. Floradora has a leather body.
The clothes are not original , except for Viola's shoes and socks.
IMG_20210415_195414528.jpg
IMG_20210415_202553.jpg

Last edited:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I collected porcelain dolls as a kid. It was a thing. We had a small shop in our tiny town (under 1000 people) that sold mainly Seymour Mann dolls in the 80's. I'd pick out one for my birthday or Christmas. It was something I did with my mom. I have like 40 of them.

I have nice memories of it. However, a few years ago she gave to them to me in rubbermaid tubs. I have not removed them. They stay in the garage. I really don't want them. But I feel bad donating them. So I'll probably just keep moving them. I have moved these tubs to two houses now. I liked them a lot as a kid. As an adult, they are just talking up space. Same with horseback riding competition ribbons. She gave me tubs of those as well. I don't want any of it but I feel like a jerk throwing them out.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock

LOL! You crack me up mrs-b:lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I collected porcelain dolls as a kid. It was a thing. We had a small shop in our tiny town (under 1000 people) that sold mainly Seymour Mann dolls in the 80's. I'd pick out one for my birthday or Christmas. It was something I did with my mom. I have like 40 of them.

I have nice memories of it. However, a few years ago she gave to them to me in rubbermaid tubs. I have not removed them. They stay in the garage. I really don't want them. But I feel bad donating them. So I'll probably just keep moving them. I have moved these tubs to two houses now. I liked them a lot as a kid. As an adult, they are just talking up space. Same with horseback riding competition ribbons. She gave me tubs of those as well. I don't want any of it but I feel like a jerk throwing them out.

The laundry ?
I have a shelf high up in the laundry that runs the whole length of the room above the door
that's where i have loved things from the past that don't belong in the house, but i don't want to throw them out or otherwise dispose of them (....just yet)

no dolls
ive never been into dolls
stuffed animals 100% all the way :lol:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_3257.JPG IMG_3258.JPG IMG_3259.JPG I only have two dolls. The first is a made to look Victorian porcelian doll that I bought at auction. The second is a re-born doll. She has perfect details even down to tiny veins on her wrists. Her little hands are a work of art!

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mum had her 1940s childhod doll
it had porcelain head and hands and feet - not sure about the body
the eyes would go to sleep
it lived in a shelf in my wardeobe growing up
i dropped it and broke her face
i really bad about it now

i had a rag doll Polly Flinders mum sewed for me
it was always kicked around to the back of the toy cupboard
I feel really bad now, knowing how much effort went into making her

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love that purple outfit! I was big into stuffed animals too but dolls were not far behind.

I have a doll collection but don’t change their clothes. I collected most of these years ago apart from the Cabbage Patch collection. Actually one of the CPK dolls in the front row my mom gave me for Christmas when I was six or so.

D51EADAA-9A80-40F1-A2A7-37F089EF9582.jpeg

This one came from a doll show, she is all porcelain with meticulously made clothes.
FE7610F5-2CC9-46CA-AD7B-BE067AD2E546.jpeg

This one is Shy Violet, I always admired her growing up in magazines (she was one of those mail away dolls) but I couldn’t afford her at the time. About ten years ago I found this one at a tag sale:

A76E74AF-7375-4DD2-A77C-EC3862C9BA0A.jpeg

Another doll show acquisition, she is also all porcelain
F52968E9-9A71-46C3-AFAC-891D352AC346.jpeg

details on the front of her dress
CF6FBFAF-A6EC-45A5-9940-838F62BBB87A.jpeg

view of the back
8C527A0E-4FC9-41E7-ADDC-19A6D65FD78F.jpeg

Musical Holly Hobbie, love her!
3BFE0F61-51B2-49DA-BBC1-3DC3C54FBB4A.jpeg

This is a picture of me back in the 80’s at my SIL’s house (brother’s wife, they are significantly older) she had a doll room, it was floor to ceiling dolls on all the walls. Way too much!
3050D55D-8EEE-45A9-B31D-D989D527D2E4.jpeg

What a funny pic of you Steph!
And I was surprised to see 'Our Lady of Guadalupe' on the train of that white dress!
She is very popular here in the Southwest.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, how amazing! Everybody has such beautiful, beautiful dolls! :appl:

Not to enable or anything, but these days you can get some really lovely doll clothing....:Up_to_something:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about some Asian dolls?
These are Japanese dolls.
This first one is called an Ichimatsu doll, and she is 16" tall
IMG_20210416_070851691.jpg

This one is the Empress. She comes from a complete set of the royal court, and she would be seated next to the Emperor. But alas I only have her, not the set.
IMG_20210416_071806693.jpg This doll is from the 1960s IMG_20210416_073157.jpg

This is actually a Chinese Opera puppet, from Malaysia IMG_20210416_071417782.jpg
Here is an Indonesian prosperity doll made of coins.
IMG_20210416_074629.jpg

Last edited:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are beautiful, Stracci!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are beautiful, Stracci!

Thanks! I love them.
I have about 40 Asian dolls, mostly Japanese.
They are real dust collectors, and you have to be careful that they don't fade.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YadaYadaYada, your collection is beautiful. I especially love Cabbage Patch kids! They were all the rage a few decades ago. I never had one, but I loved their fat chubby little faces!! :love: ETA: Didn't they come with little birth certificates? Lol!

Last edited:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't mind an Anne Boleyn doll....Darn, I wish I hadn't thought of that!!!!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re-born dolls are something else. I'll never understand how the makers get them to be SO realistic! Just incredible.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Made in London - I love how your re-born doll has her own tiny little teddy bear!! Sooooo cute!!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently, if you have an American Girl doll and she needs repair, she goes to the "doll hospital"....and comes home in a hospital gown with a hospital bracelet on her wrist! LOL!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

elizat

Ideal_Rock
The laundry ?
I have a shelf high up in the laundry that runs the whole length of the room above the door
that's where i have loved things from the past that don't belong in the house, but i don't want to throw them out or otherwise dispose of them (....just yet)

no dolls
ive never been into dolls
stuffed animals 100% all the way :lol:

I probably should do something with then, but I really don't want to, if I'm being honest. I don't have a desire to display or unpack them. I know it sounds terrible, but I am comfortable with them being in the tubs, out of the way. My mom would probably be sad, but it's okay. I don't like clutter of any sort and those to me, would be a lot of clutter!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results