shape
carat
color
clarity

post partum bodies....what are you doing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
39.gif
I can''t take my post preggo body any longer....my dd was born 3 months ago and i hate the way i look right now. i know it takes time but when my ds was born the weight literally fell off by 2 months and i was in my old jeans again......skinny jeans by 6 months.

i''ve been eating healthy and exercising, but the scale and my body refuses to budge.
38.gif
right now my weight is just stuck. i''m also breastfeeding as i did with ds. is anyone else in this situation?

to make my body image issues worse...i''m going to jamaica next week and don''t want to put on a bathing suit...also i''m moh in my friends wedding and we are going dress shopping tomorrow....
7.gif

i know this is all superficial but i feel i''m trying hard, but no results....help ps''ers

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
As a 22 year old male, i have not personally been in this situation lol, but as a physical trainer I have helped one recent mother lose weight in a healthy manner.

Firstly, I started with research. I looked into primary articles, textbooks, and even asked my own mom! Well, this is what I found:

You need to realize that you don''t just have a baby and instantly go back to the way your body was. This is a misconception due to celebrities with personal trainers, nutritionist, nurses and what not.

After child birth you need to give yourself time to recover. It takes about 6 months after childbirth before your body can really get going back pre-childbirth. You can''t rush this! Besides the physical trauma that your body went through giving birth, taking care of an infant is NOT an easy chore, am i right? This causes stress, stress results in either weight gain or maintenance. Am I wrong to say you haven''t gotten the best nights sleep always? Night feeds? this stress/ lack of sleep plays an important factor into not being able to immediately lose weight. In addition, you need to consume about 500 extra calories a day if you are breast feeding to properly maintain your nutrition.

So, what I recommend is for you to relax. Not worry about your body image immediately. What you are going through is NORMAL! Continue to eat healthy foods, watch your calorie intake, and exercise 3-5 times a week when you can. Your goal should be to lose 1 pound a week. Anything more than that means you are lacking the nutritional intake you need for you and your baby!(breast feeding)!

Good luck, and I am here to answer any questions and give more tips. AND ill cheer you on! :D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results