shape
carat
color
clarity

Post from a lurker...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ologolo

Rough_Rock
Not as extravagant as some posted here, but in my budget
2.gif

To be presented later this week:

0.9 cts, VS2, J, AGS-0 Cut

ologolo2.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right on target!
2.gif

just-ice

Rough_Rock
Wow......what an absolute BEAUTY! You did good!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Ologolo, welcome. Great diamond - congratulations. Picture is fantastic by the way: the diamond look very real and beautiful.
appl.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
That really is a great photo of a great diamond!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, gorgeous diamond!

Beautiful photo, too.

Let us know how the proposal goes!

The ring is stunning!

Ologolo

Rough_Rock
Aw shucks. Thanks everybody for the kind feedback. I do think that this stone is a "little gem"
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's beautiful! And a .90c diamond is NOT little. We lose our sense of perspective here because after all, this is a site for people who are really into diamonds.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I agree, Patty. That ring is stunning. So classic and elegant.
I hope things go well with the proposal. D O N ' T F O R G E T :
Post pics on the hand. That's a requirement here!!
naughty.gif

It's a beauty.
Nan

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. It's really simple and elegant. It will be timeless. I love your photo. You must post tips for the inept among us. (me for example) BTW, .9 is not what I would call small.

Shay

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Very classy!! Love the blue you captured in the stone!! Great pic!!
love.gif

Many pre-Congrats on the upcoming Engagement!!
appl.gif

Ologolo

Rough_Rock
Wow, you've all said such great things, I feel super about the diamond AND the picture.

Here are two lessons I've learned.

1: 0.9 cts is NOT small.
2: Get a manicure before putting your thumb on the internet.

ologolo4.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
What thumb?! You mean there was a thumb in that picture?
naughty.gif

Nan

Ologolo

Rough_Rock
People also asked about the photos - here are some simple tips.

Photography is all about capturing light, therefore, light is of primary importance.

1: Whatever you do, do not use a flash. These pictures were taken in a well-lit living room.

2: A well-lit living room isn't bright enough to take a picture unless the camera is on a tripod. Therefore, the camera was on a tripod.

3: Artificial lights all have an inherent color shift. Your digital camera will do the best it can to adjust this shift, but you should read the instructions to learn how to set the "white balance". It only took me two extra button pushes.

ologolo5.jpg

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring. She will love it.Best of luck. Also your photography is great. I am sure you put a lot of love and thought behind it before you made your selection. Sounds like you will have a great relationship.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring Ologolo! You really captured it wonderfully in your pictures. I guess I can blame my photo failures on no tripod.....
15.gif
. Thanks for the tip.

Come back with hand shots and your proposal story!

Skybluewater

Rough_Rock
You are right the .9 ct is not small!

Great stone and great pictures also! I appreciate the tips on the photos, especially the part about the white balance! I am going to have to give those a try myself.

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 5/24/2004 11:39:21 PM Ologolo wrote:

People also asked about the photos - here are some simple tips.

Photography is all about capturing light, therefore, light is of primary importance.

1: Whatever you do, do not use a flash. These pictures were taken in a well-lit living room.

2: A well-lit living room isn't bright enough to take a picture unless the camera is on a tripod. Therefore, the camera was on a tripod.

3: Artificial lights all have an inherent color shift. Your digital camera will do the best it can to adjust this shift, but you should read the instructions to learn how to set the 'white balance'. It only took me two extra button pushes.----------------

Thanks for the photography tips. I am still experimenting with my digital camera and my kids recently gave me a tripod for it (which is still in the packaging). I will see what results I get with your advice! What about outside light???...most of my pictures seem to come out best when taken outside.

wavey.gif

Ologolo

Rough_Rock
Hi Everybody,

This will be my last post for awhile, I've got a plane to catch. Hopefully, maybe, a hand shot and a story may be forthcoming in a week or so.

Judi, Sunlight is indeed the ideal light for many purposes. It is bright enough that you don't need a tripod, and it is the "true" white that our eyes expect all other lights aspire to. The only problem with direct sunlight is that it can cast harsh shadows. Oh, Judi, by the way, this ring is from your company.

The mount itself is meant mostly for presentation. Last I looked for hints she was undecided between several styles, so I'll tell her she can have it remounted in a few months when I have a little more money saved up. As it stands, over 95% of what I spent was on the stone.

The plan, well, there isn't really one. I was planning on doing this later this year, but we are about to take a vacation to Holland together, so this seems like a good opportunity to do something special. I'm packing a ring, a nice bottle of wine I've been saving for a special occasion, and two lexan wine glasses. I'm sure the moment will present itself if I look for it.

Ologolo the Lurker

ologolo9.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ologolo:

Beautiful ring and your J faces up beautifully..What a great shot with your digital camera!

Ologolo

Rough_Rock
Is that your final answer?

olo-f.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
woohoo. Congrats!
appl.gif

Shay

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Nice, Very nice. Congrats. I hope you two have many, many happy years together.
Nan

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Whoo-hoo! It looks great on her. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results