shape
carat
color
clarity

Post an ingredient, share a recipe.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought this could be a fun game to play. Maybe it’ll work and give people ideas they wouldn’t have thought to try.

1. I’ll start us off by posting an ingredient, and listing any dietary restrictions/allergies.

2. Anyone can respond with a recipe, either your own or from any source, that uses the ingredient as the star of that recipe.

3. Once a recipe has been provided, anyone else can jump in with another ingredient, and someone else can respond with a recipe. And on it goes!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ingredient: cauliflower

Dietary restrictions/allergies: no cilantro, no curry

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ingredient: cauliflower

Dietary restrictions/allergies: no cilantro, no curry

OK. I did this about a month ago and it was delicious.
Cut a head of cauliflower vertically, into 1" slices. You may not achieve perfect slices, but it doesn't matter.
Make a quick vinaigrette. Olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper, and whatever other seasonings you like.
Lay the slices on a cookie sheet, and brush with the vinaigrette.
Pop into a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes, till the cauliflower starts to brown a little and is fork tender. So good!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cut a head of cauliflower vertically, into 1" slices. You may not achieve perfect slices, but it doesn't matter.
Make a quick vinaigrette. Olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper, and whatever other seasonings you like.
Pop into a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes, till the cauliflower starts to brown a little and is fork tender. So good!

Thank you! Sounds delicious and healthy.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I be allowed to add a recipe for cauliflower please?

For me personally, it has to be cauliflower cheese.

Cut the cauliflower in chunks and place into a shallow dish.

Make a cheese sauce - I like to use butter, chopped garlic, double/heavy cream, and grated extra mature/extra sharp Cheddar cheese, some ground or freshly grated nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.

Cover the cauliflower with the cheese sauce and cook in a preheated oven, electric fan-assisted at 180 degC, for about 30min until it is nicely browned and bubbly with a thickened sauce.

Great with roast dinner or on its own with some nice crusty bread to mop up the cheese sauce.

DK :lickout:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I be allowed to add a recipe for cauliflower please?

For me personally, it has to be cauliflower cheese.

Cut the cauliflower in chunks and place into a shallow dish.

Make a cheese sauce - I like to use butter, chopped garlic, double/heavy cream, and grated extra mature/extra sharp Cheddar cheese, some ground or freshly grated nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.

Cover the cauliflower with the cheese sauce and cook in a preheated oven, electric fan-assisted at 180 degC, for about 30min until it is nicely browned and bubbly with a thickened sauce.

Great with roast dinner or on its own with some nice crusty bread to mop up the cheese sauce.

One never has to ask permission to post about cheese sauce!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely amazing, I haven’t made it myself (yet) but it’s a really popular dish from an incredible restaurant called Maray, in Liverpool, England. I had it there a few times and always meant to try making it myself! https://oneplanetplate.org/recipes/disco-cauli/

This sounds fabulous! I had to look up chermoulah and maldon salt!

Jsand

Shiny_Rock
It really is wonderful! A pricey list of ingredients for one dish though!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not tried these myself, however cauliflower steak and rice are fashionable alternatives for those who do not meat and carbs.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can take the cilantro out and dial back the cumin. ;)2 I don’t think I have issues with turmeric.

i love cumin but i can't stand corriander / cilantro - even the few leaves they place on the rice in a Thai restaurant ruins the rice for me
if i forget to order - no corriander, no carrots and limit the cauliflower to almost nothing its most unpleasent
but pile on the broccoli !!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock

I’ve read similar recipes and the first one I tried said the cauliflower could be roasted whole in a Dutch oven. It was done cooking an hour after we had pulled the rest of dinner from the oven and finished eating. Definitely cut the cauliflower into ‘steaks’ or wedges! Lol

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be entirely honest, cauliflower is not high on my list of favourite vegetables as I find it rather plain and tasteless.

Instead of the cauliflower cheese I posted above, I would prefer to make broccoli and Stilton or other strong blue cheeses with added bacon instead!

Jsand

Shiny_Rock
To be entirely honest, cauliflower is not high on my list of favourite vegetables as I find it rather plain and tasteless.

Instead of the cauliflower cheese I posted above, I would prefer to make broccoli and Stilton or other strong blue cheeses with added bacon instead!

I usually add broccoli to cauliflower cheese too! And broccoli and Stilton soup is so delicious

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually add broccoli to cauliflower cheese too! And broccoli and Stilton soup is so delicious

Broccoli beats cauliflower hands down IMHO. I always have it in my fridge, along with sugar snap peas from September onwards till it is time for salads after Easter.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results