Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reading this in e-book format:

F147504B-A938-448E-A1AC-20B3DED73F18.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nothingbook.jpg

I did get a few great recommendations from my friend @rainwood but I am procrastinating. IDK what is wrong with me. I LOVE reading. The darn internet is always calling my name when I have free time. It's that instant gratification I think. I want to get back to reading! I am going to order your recommendations today Rainwood.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
image.jpg

An easy and interesting read with a positive message. I am about halfway through it.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve just finished this - easy to read but morally thought-provoking. I really enjoyed it.
1EAFA691-0084-415D-B0F2-C52033D445F0.jpeg
I’m only a few pages into this one, but it’s good so far and has great reviews:
2DF8ED13-54C7-4B68-A4CB-908728A94459.jpeg

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I'm the same lately. I find short stories easier to concentrate on .
@xsouzie would love to see the rest of your shoe collection peeking out if it's ok.

No photo but I just finished a kid's book that is based on the story of a bear in the Polish Army in ww2.
Very sweet story.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like a bit of gore and mystery, great for taking your mind off things.

I really enjoyed all the books in the series about the small town sheriff Jeffrey Tolliver and his Dr wife Sara, and this carries on after their story ends.

18052403-AF25-4CF7-BBB6-915509B1E8D5.jpeg

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like a bit of gore and mystery, great for taking your mind off things.

I really enjoyed all the books in the series about the small town sheriff Jeffrey Tolliver and his Dr wife Sara, and this carries on after their story ends.

18052403-AF25-4CF7-BBB6-915509B1E8D5.jpeg

I love those books too. My husband sighs when he sees I’ve started one as I get absorbed and ignore him!

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
I finished this book yesterday. There was a lot of technical information in areas I’m not familiar with that made it hard to read at points, but I loved the story.

A1DF319A-16FD-4FCA-B773-7C55CB068810.jpeg

Now I’m continuing the Kinsey Millhone series. Loving stepping back in time with her.

17EDC581-5891-40B5-91F8-2C82A2DD5A6F.jpeg

(Both in ebook format on my phone)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 11.22.47 AM.png

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I'm reading fantasy! Guilty pleasures for everyone!
I only became interested because the author was originally an archaeologist/anthropologist and I wanted to see the incorporation into a Dungeons and Dragons type world. The socio/religio/political layering is there. The characters are true moral grays.
I guiltily admit I love it. Much better quality than I anticipated; but some of the names he uses for the characters are just stupid, jarringly juxtaposed with the intricacy he shows everything else. Eh, there's ten books so I'll get over it.
gardens.jpg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
nothingbook.jpg

I did get a few great recommendations from my friend @rainwood but I am procrastinating. IDK what is wrong with me. I LOVE reading. The darn internet is always calling my name when I have free time. It's that instant gratification I think. I want to get back to reading! I am going to order your recommendations today Rainwood.

@missy

I just finished the most wonderful book yesterday you must add to the list. It's 'The Lightkeeper's Daughters' by Jean Pendziwol. She's a Canadian author and the story takes place in eastern Canada. It's beautifully written and absolutely captivating from start to finish. One of the best books I've read in a long time.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy

I just finished the most wonderful book yesterday you must add to the list. It's 'The Lightkeeper's Daughters' by Jean Pendziwol. She's a Canadian author and the story takes place in eastern Canada. It's beautifully written and absolutely captivating from start to finish. One of the best books I've read in a long time.

Thank you! Just ordered it and it’s arriving Sunday. I prefer holding a book to the kindle. I wanted hardcover but that would have taken 2 weeks. So soft cover it is. I’m so excited to start reading it.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@missy

Sorry I mixed it up with an older book the light housekeeper's daughter.
That was very sad read.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m shocked to hear that I live in the poorest nation in Western Europe! But pleased that we’re so resourceful.....

My book is on my Kindle, not easy to photograph!

D51740D7-749F-44EB-A71F-3C0C90BDEFCD.jpeg

They WERE the poorest nation. I don’t think that is true at this point.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all! You have sold me on several books. Sometimes I think seeing the cover makes it much more interesting than just word of mouth.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely AMAZING book that I finished last night. Thought provoking and in the end, sad....

Thank you @Alex T for your recommendation. I LOVE sad books.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Alex T for your recommendation. I LOVE sad books.

It was actually written by a local girl during treatment for terminal cancer. She finished it, but never got to see it published. Her parents did a fundraiser to self publish in her memory, which I donated to & I bought it because the money raised was going to charity. But it is hands down one of the best books I have ever, ever read & I can't recommend it enough. It's such a unique story, gripping & amazingly well written. I am gutted for the literary world that she is no longer around to write another one.

If you can get it shipped to you, i hope you enjoy it! If you can't get it shipped, message me & I'll get it to you x

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results