shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bugger

Rough_Rock
We found a jeweler in New York with a stone that seems to be just what we were looking for. However, since it is an internet transaction we are understandably a little wary. Most diamonds on the net with similar qualifications have been in the 10-11,000 range although we have found a handful that are within the 7-8,000 price range. What do you think?
I don't have all the information but do have the below. I understand it is slightly elongated which I actually prefer visually and am wondering if this is one reason pricing may be a little low? He is asking $7,400.

2.04 CT H SI1 eye clean
7.4 * 6.22 * 5.15
Polish - Very Good
Symmetry - Very Good
to be set in plain platinum band.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Bugger,

what's the shape of the diamond? Does it come with any grading report (certificate)? Do you know table and depth %?

:)

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
Well, is it an AGS or GIA cert? If not, then you are getting at most what you are paying for because if it is store graded then they made up the specs and a GIA stone with the same specs would also be $7400.

bugger

Rough_Rock
It is a Princess cut. He did say it was certified but by GHI which I've never heard of and why I previously asked if anyone had heard of...am guessing its a typo for GIA hopefully?? That's why I'm just a little wary.

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
There are no deals too good to be true. I think it is a safe bet the stone is worth closer to $7400 than $11,000. If it is GHA I see no reason to buy since there are tens of thousands of GIA stones for sale. I know of jewelers that send their stones to AGS or GIA and if they get a low grade they resend them to another cert place to get a higher grade. This has made me realize there are no deals. The best any of us can do is get a decent fair price.

bugger

Rough_Rock
What is GHA?

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
I meant GHI. Although I never heard of them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results