shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible setting??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kiwifuz

Rough_Rock
First post here:
wavey.gif

I found this setting online (good old gold''s site) and its exactly what I want. Except I want colored diamonds on the sides (perhaps pink?). Who/where could i contact about this? I''d need the whole thing, stones and all. Also could someone set a diamond I buy from someone else or am I just asking for trouble if I let someone touch a diamond that I didnt buy from them?

Thanks!
1.gif

band9half.jpg

kiwifuz

Rough_Rock
This picture may look a bit better. the original is a little grainy. I just dont like the band itself on this one, i'd rather have a plain, flat, thinner band than this one (i believe from blue nile).

band7withcenterstone.jpg

kiwifuz

Rough_Rock
*bump* Anyone?

kam

Rough_Rock
I saw a similar ring by Scott Kay. Three small pink diamonds set in a triangular shape on each side of a center stone. It also had channel diamonds going down the sides of the band after the cluster of pink diamonds on each side. It was absolutely stunning, but pretty expensive due to the quality of the pink diamonds and the Scott Kay name--about $5500 for the setting at a b&m without the center stone. I inquired on this board about getting it custom made, and there was concern about getting the pink stones to be high quality and to match in color, esp. b/c they're tiny pink stones--6 stones for a total weight of .57.

Good luck with your search. I'll be interested to see what you find.

kiwifuz

Rough_Rock
hmm thanks for the info.

Well hopefully I can find something...

I dont know that I'd be interested in channel set diamonds also, probably just the 6 one the sides.

Anyone know where one would even go about attempting to find 6 small pink diamonds? I believe the first setting said they were 4pnt diamonds...

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
Just a suggestion, but you may try pink sapphires on the sides instead of diamonds. (They won't break the bank and they may be a bit easier to find.)

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Ditto on Frizzy... Pink diamonds are VERY expensive and can be diffcult to match... Light pink stones aren't be very expensive, but they will face up almost white once set...

kiwifuz

Rough_Rock
Well thanks for the info. I'm not really interested in sapphires. Just not something I'd be willing to do.

Any one else have any suggestions as to where I might look for info on having something like this done? ...it can't be completely impossible...

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 3/12/2003 3:59:53 AM kiwifuz wrote:
First post here:
wavey.gif

I found this setting online (good old gold's site) and its exactly what I want. Except I want colored diamonds on the sides (perhaps pink?). Who/where could i contact about this? I'd need the whole thing, stones and all. Also could someone set a diamond I buy from someone else or am I just asking for trouble if I let someone touch a diamond that I didnt buy from them?

Thanks!
1.gif
----------------
CONTACT ANY VENDOR YOU MIGHT SEE FIT. Pink Diamonds are a rarity though and due to the limited quantities demand a nice premium. I know Jonathan since you mentioned his sight deals with several top of the line vendors that produce setting's (Dvatche/Stuller) so he would be able to help you there also. Email him [email protected]. The answer is also yes that someone else could set a diamond that you didn't buy from them.Asking for trouble would depend on how reputable the person your having do the work is. Educate yourself as much as you can about a prospective vendor/Jeweler.

-Josh Rioux
Sitka,Alaska
9.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think Garry Holloway @ precious metals deals with some pinks. But as mentioned earlier they are very limited. But if you are willing to get what you want , in this case pink diamonds, there should definitely be someone here that can help accomodate.

-Josh Rioux
Sitka,Alaska
9.gif

kiwifuz

Rough_Rock
scorpion thanks for the info on the 2 vendors! I'll definitely contact them I appreciate the help
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Try icestore.com too... They use lots of pink melee in their beautiful rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results