shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible Original Cartier Love Bracelet

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!

I’ve had this bracelet for 5 years. I knew it was 18k gold but I always thought it was fake because of the crappy stamping inside. It was purchased in the early 1970’s and was gifted to me by the person who purchased it.

Now, my jeweler thinks it is an original. I also have the original screw driver.

Any thoughts?

Has anyone seen one like this?

I will say the person who bought it is not one to buy anything “cheap”

I was told that (instead of the $500 scarp price) it’s worth around 3-4K

The inside has the signature “Aldo Cipullo”

E323FB05-ACB9-4B1C-A346-D68B246CA4E2.jpeg 56FA797D-9842-44D8-874E-0FE925DE69DD.jpeg 86FBBD82-D727-416E-B9F1-816246745963.jpeg

F56710A4-C01F-4D2C-B2F1-09D2BA4E2545.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is quite probably genuine.
The issue with these Cartier love bangles is that they are highly faked. Not only just cheap gold plated versions but also better quality versions in gold.
Your bracelet is stamped exactly as the original style was (from the 1970s) but I’m not sure how you can “prove” authenticity to a potential buyer without appropriate paperwork. I don’t think Cartier “authenticates” their pieces anymore, either you have the genuine box and paperwork or you don’t.
And yes, as a genuine Cartier love bangle by Aldo Cipullo it’s worth many times more than it’s gold melt weight. And closer to $5,000!
Enjoy.

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
It is quite probably genuine.
The issue with these Cartier love bangles is that they are highly faked. Not only just cheap gold plated versions but also better quality versions in gold.
Your bracelet is stamped exactly as the original style was (from the 1970s) but I’m not sure how you can “prove” authenticity to a potential buyer without appropriate paperwork. I don’t think Cartier “authenticates” their pieces anymore, either you have the genuine box and paperwork or you don’t.
And yes, as a genuine Cartier love bangle by Aldo Cipullo it’s worth many times more than it’s gold melt weight. And closer to $5,000!
Enjoy.

Wow! That’s incredible! I couldn’t imagine many fakes being made in the 70’s. It was purchased at Cartier in NYC between 1970-1973.

Now I need to search for a way to have it authenticated!

Thank you for your reply!

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You should be able to find more examples if it with searching.

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Actually, ignore what I said. I did a little looking and it turns out there were two versions, the GP and the solid, both signed by Aldo Cipullo. This looks like it might be the solid one. I do apologize for putting you wrong.

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
In the 70’s Cartier releases a Ltd Ed Aldo Capullo electroplated love bracelet. That is the one you have. It sells second hand for around $1000. Unfortunately, although it is authentic, it is not solid gold like the original love bracelet. https://www.tradesy.com/t/gold-the-love-in-electroplated-bracelet/23649040/?utm_source=gpl&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping - Accessories - Brands - Mobile - FTB&utm_content=all other brands&utm_term=&cmpgnid=821805077&adgrpid=40429756457&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI07vixqXk4gIVBqrsCh0fCgLNEAQYASABEgIBl_D_BwE

The thing is that I know for a fact that it is solid 18k gold. My jeweler has made a 3,200 offer on it.

Tarquin

Rough_Rock
In the 70’s Cartier releases a Ltd Ed Aldo Capullo electroplated love bracelet. That is the one you have. It sells second hand for around $1000. Unfortunately, although it is authentic, it is not solid gold like the original love bracelet. https://www.tradesy.com/t/gold-the-love-in-electroplated-bracelet/23649040/?utm_source=gpl&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping - Accessories - Brands - Mobile - FTB&utm_content=all other brands&utm_term=&cmpgnid=821805077&adgrpid=40429756457&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI07vixqXk4gIVBqrsCh0fCgLNEAQYASABEgIBl_D_BwE
In the 70’s Cartier releases a Ltd Ed Aldo Capullo electroplated love bracelet. That is the one you have. It sells second hand for around $1000. Unfortunately, although it is authentic, it is not solid gold like the original love bracelet.

I believe they were issued as a promotion with Revlon

"In 1970, Cartier designer Aldo Cipullo partnered with Charles Revson, the founder of Revlon Cosmetics, to design a special-edition Love Bracelet. This early version of the iconic love bracelet was 18kt gold electroplated and has a hinge and screw on opposite sides. Today, Cartier only produces this style in solid gold. "

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh how exciting! Lucky you, it's like "Fake or Fortune" and I think you may have the real deal.... :dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results