shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible new project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys
35.gif

This is my first post on the colored stone thread. I have always loved aquamarines and Ellen''s new beauty has me lusting after a new rhr of my own. I really love the shape and setting of this ring: http://www.mysolitaire.com/Jewelry/JewelryDetails/Template4.aspx?Item_ID=3633&iCat_id=107. Does anyone have any experience with this company? The price seems to be really good too. I also like this one: http://www.topazery.com/antique-jewelry-item-rg1616q.htm. Any opinions from the experts out there? Know of any other similar rings for around the same price? Thanks for the help
1.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Harriet! I love your collection by the way! I do see what you mean about the color difference. For me, I really am drawn to the lighter color and I did want to keep the project under $1k if possible, but would be willing to go to $1,500. Thanks again for your help
1.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi Steph! What an exciting project! I am a newb to colored stones, but I really like the Beverley K ring you posted from Topazery. I''ve recently gotten to see some BeverleyK rings in person and the quality is SOOO good. I''m no help on the aqua though!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steph, aquas are gorgeous in any color. Your project will be fun. I can''t wait to see what you get.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 10:13:38 PM
Author: Skippy123
Hi Steph, this one might be pretty, not sure about the cut? http://www.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=26&idproduct=2103

or this one? http://www.webgraphicsengineering.com/Gemstones/detail.cfm?zNum=4916

Thanks for the link Skippy. You are always so helpful! I''m not sure if I could get that halo look though for the money I would have left over if I bought the stone apart from the setting. Hmm, I will have to do some more research.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 1:07:34 AM
Author: TanDogMom
hi Steph! What an exciting project! I am a newb to colored stones, but I really like the Beverley K ring you posted from Topazery. I''ve recently gotten to see some BeverleyK rings in person and the quality is SOOO good. I''m no help on the aqua though!

Thanks TanDog! Of the two I posted, I am leaning toward the BevK. one. I have never seen her stuff in person, though so I might have to do some research and go look at some of her pieces. That''s good to know that you think the quality is really good though.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 2:15:28 AM
Author: marcyc
Steph, aquas are gorgeous in any color. Your project will be fun. I can''t wait to see what you get.

Hi, Marcy
35.gif

Hehe, all your pretty stones are one reason I have gotten into color lately
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 6:02:41 PM
Author: steph72276
Thanks, Harriet! I love your collection by the way! I do see what you mean about the color difference. For me, I really am drawn to the lighter color and I did want to keep the project under $1k if possible, but would be willing to go to $1,500. Thanks again for your help
1.gif
You''re welcome! Like I said, colour preference is entirely subjective. Good luck! I''ll see what I can dig up.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 7:34:42 AM

Thanks TanDog! Of the two I posted, I am leaning toward the BevK. one. I have never seen her stuff in person, though so I might have to do some research and go look at some of her pieces. That''s good to know that you think the quality is really good though.
I hope you can go see them in person. I was really impressed. the milgrain was just perfect, and the hand engraving was lovely too. The melee was very sparkly! I guess the aqua is the most important thing, but it''s nice to have a good home for it!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 12:10:56 AM

Date: 6/21/2008 7:34:42 AM

I hope you can go see them in person. I was really impressed. the milgrain was just perfect, and the hand engraving was lovely too. The melee was very sparkly! I guess the aqua is the most important thing, but it''s nice to have a good home for it!
Yes, I will def. have to go try them on in person. I think the setting is just as important as the stone also
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, does this mean I''m an enabler??!
9.gif
I can''t wait to see what you end up with steph!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Why yes, you are Miss Ellen. I have always loved Aquas, but seeing yours made me practically obsessed with them
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steph, you are going to Atlanta soon, can you take a quick trip to SB and check them out there or is there a local store close to you that carries a large selection? I would also check out Simon G if you can. I love looking at their stuff!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 3:10:06 PM
Steph, you are going to Atlanta soon, can you take a quick trip to SB and check them out there or is there a local store close to you that carries a large selection? I would also check out Simon G if you can. I love looking at their stuff!!!
Thanks, Skippy! My schedule here is pretty packed, but I am going to try to get over to SB and check them out! I love their showroom....good thinking
emthup.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 2:45:08 PM

Date: 6/23/2008 3:10:06 PM
Thanks, Skippy! My schedule here is pretty packed, but I am going to try to get over to SB and check them out! I love their showroom....good thinking
emthup.gif
How fun!!! I don''t know if I ever told you but that is where I found my setting, when I was searching back when I joined PS. I have never been there but sounds like they have lots of fun things. Have a wonderful time!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results