shape
carat
color
clarity

poss julia pendant stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,
With the help of LaurenthePartier (thanks very much by the way) I THINK I have learned to upload photos. The photo I attach has three stones that I want to send to Julia (after seeing all your beautiful Julia jewelery). The sunstone and tourmaline are from vallejo. The Ammy is from diamondexpert.com. Gary was AMAZING to work with. I am going to recommend him to anyone who will listen, and I love the gem.
Heres hoping this works....

mouey.jpg

mousey

Shiny_Rock
yeah! it worked! I would appreciate comments on whether you think this is a good colour combo for a pendant, and any design ideas you might have. I am so happy I learned how to do this (this just shows how computer illiterate I really am).

mousey

Shiny_Rock
here is another photo. As you can see, I am about as able with a camera as I am with a computer....

posspen2.JPG

mousey

Shiny_Rock
ps, since my pics are so terrible- here is one of the ones Gary sent me. Mine is the smaller cushion. Its a really lovely stone. I can see now why everyone likes 4 peaks amethyst.

AM4PksWindowNaturalLight.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
It''s hard to go wrong with a design when you have such lovely stones!

Judging their sizes and colors I''d suggest going with an amethyst on the bottom, tourmaline (I assume it''s tourmaline, the red one) in the middle set east-west, and a round orangy (sun)stone on top.

Are you thinking of doing the whole pendant in just white metal, or mixing it up with color? It may be fun to do the amethyst in white gold/sterling, oval in rose gold and round in yellow - at least their mountings. It would make an unusual looking pendant.

But I''m sure Julia will come up with something even better
1.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s a lovely color combo!

I would suggest just sending Julia some pictures of the stones and some pictures of styles you admire or just descriptive words you like, and I''m sure she can come up with a design to knock your socks off :)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice looking stones. I can''t wait to see what the designers come up with for you. I do like them as a pendant.

The whole picture taking and uploading thing takes a while to get the hang of. I''ve worked for a while (years ) on my gem photo skills.

Then I forget how to upload if I don''t do it for a while.
20.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Mousey - great to see the uploading worked for you!

That amethyst is lovely! I think the colour combinations are very lovely and rich, and I see a pendant with these, as well. With the oval set North-south, then the round, then the cushion set on the diagonal.

I''ll be looking forward to seeing what she does!

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I like the Ma Res suggestion about rose gold, and east to west setting! I am super excited about it.
Once again thanks to Lauren for teaching me about the uploading process!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
You have some beautiful stones there! Unfortunately, I find that creativity in interior design does not necessarily translate to creativity with jewelry, and I can''t think of anything!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/28/2009 7:07:33 AM
Author: AustenNut
You have some beautiful stones there! Unfortunately, I find that creativity in interior design does not necessarily translate to creativity with jewelry, and I can''t think of anything!
Ditto that. I may be able to pick out nice gemstones from blah ones but I don’t have a single creative bone in my body.
9.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/28/2009 8:52:06 AM
Author: Chrono

Date: 9/28/2009 7:07:33 AM
Author: AustenNut
Ditto that. I may be able to pick out nice gemstones from blah ones but I don’t have a single creative bone in my body.
9.gif
That''s exactly why I said I couldn''t wait to see what the designers come up with for these lovely stones.

Some PSers are very skilled at design, I just fall into the "other" category!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results