shape
carat
color
clarity

Portuguese cuts. I love them in rounds... BUT need oval facetting suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does the Portuguese cut adapt itself to ovals?

Anyone got a pic?

Or any other cool oval facetting suggestions?

TIA!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 8:10:30 PM
Author:Gypsy
Does the Portuguese cut adapt itself to ovals?

Anyone got a pic?

Or any other cool oval facetting suggestions?

TIA!
I have a beautiful kunzite oval with the portuguese cut. The faceting is fabulous - sparkles from all angles, but I don''t have a picture. Sorry
38.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm. I don''t know if I can forgive you for this Isaku. NO PICTURE!
38.gif
I just don''t know....

LOL. I''m glad it looks good on your pretty stone.

I''m wondering if it will look good on my London Blue. I''ve decided to get it recut... but want to keep it an oval. So I wanted to see what types of facetting options there were out their for ovals. Hmm.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,
I don''t know if you already have a cutter lined up. If not, Jeff White of whitesgems has an extensive library of cuts.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interestingly enough, that''s the cutter I''m planning to cut my stone. So he''ll have facetting? I don''t just have to pull it out of my ... erm... armpit?

WHEW!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Will he ever!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

Now I just have to wait until John gets over the shock of this month''s bling budget. November aught to be okay. Then January for the setting of it. Unless the WF scattered diamond huggies are out... then I''ll have to evaluate if I want to set the topaz in January or wait till V-Day for the scattered diamond huggies. I really want those huggies.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you been bad?
9.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is so funny how we plan out our bling budgets monthly! I do that too!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bad. No. But financially we had planned for my re set to happen in January. And well... we''re doing it now. Plus I got a lovely watch I love for my birthday. So... I''ve maxed out for the time being.
2.gif

Jeff just confirmed that he''ll cut my topaz in November... something ELSE to look forward to!! YAY!

Green-- LMAO it''s SO true. Those scattered diamond huggies, if they come out the way I hope they do, are going to hit the top of my list.

OF COURSE, John has now added a wine chiller, a playstation 3 and an LCD flat panel TV to his list.
5.gif
So I''m thinking he''s going to have to get ONE of those, AT LEAST, before I can in good conscience go forward with another project. LOL.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,
Happy Birthday (belatedly)!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL! Thanks Harriet. I appreciate it.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results