shape
carat
color
clarity

popularity of princess cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
What is the reason for the growing popularity of princess cut?

mbn

Shiny_Rock
1 carat round is more expensive than 1 carat princess cut, but in reality, princess cut is much more expensive because round diameter is bigger. In order to have same size 1 carat princess, one would have to buy a 1.5 carat princess which is much more expensive than 1 carat round. I just bought 1.52 carat princess, and I am regretting for not having gone for the round instead because bigger diameter for same price.Is $8200 good price for princess cut with following characteristic?1.52c
6.46x6.30x4.49
depth: 71.3
table: 76
cutlet: none
polish: very good
symmetry: good
flourescence: faint

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I guess the mordern elegant look.In addition, some princess stones could still be very brilliant.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Mbn... you forgot about color and clarity...You are right. Diamond price is mainly affected by carat weight. Moreover it jumps when the weight goes over magic numbers like 1.0 or 1.5 carat.Round of the same spread will weight less than 1.5 carat. Hence its per carat price will be much less.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I found it at local store in Westminster in California. I was going to buy via internet; my friend recommended Mondera, then I went to diamondhelpers.com to calculate price using their price calculator for diamonds listed on Mondera, and most came out more expensive than prices calculated using diamondhelpers.com. I didn't know about Pricescope at the time; otherwise, I would buy via vendors listed in Pricescope.Original quote for stone was $8755, then I got it down to $8200.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I don't think many people realize the spread difference between same carat weight between round verses princess cut. I didn't until I browse through the forum on Pricescope and there was a question asked about big size princess, and forum recommended round for less money.I would choose to go with the round because better spread for the money. If people learned what I know now, I would think they'd go for the round too, don't you think?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I should say you've got very good price - compatible with internet prices.Shape & Spread... I guess it's a matter of personal taste.People have different order of priorities. If shape and carat size go first then people care less about spread. Some with the cars. First you decide what you want to drive - car or SUV. After that you don't care about spread
smile.gif

mbn

Shiny_Rock
color and clarity is G/VS2

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Price looks very good. Where did you find it, internet or local store?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results