carat
color
clarity

Popped the question!:)need ring resizing in toronto or miss

ivan

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi all!

Finally took the step and now the most beautiful girl in the world will be with me forever:)

However, the ring is one size too small and i need to get it fixed, I'm a bit paranoid of my diamond getting scammed (should i be?)... and the way i am i want someone reputable to do it..

Pricescope, can you help me resize my ring in Toronto?

Thanks so much and heartfelt thanks!

Ivan

ps - will post pics when i get home:)

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Popped the question!:)need ring resizing in toronto or m

I can't help with ring sizing but just wanted to say congratulations! :appl:

ivan

Rough_Rock
Trade

or mississauga.

once again, thanks so much!

ivan

Rough_Rock
Trade
@ septsparkle,

i appreciate your thanks:) :wavey:

ivan

Rough_Rock
Trade

Looking at Emilian in sheridan park, missassauga.

Any other ideas?

Once agian, thanks so much.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ivan:
I've been to a few of the malls and don't have a jeweler myself here in the area. However, I would take it to a high end store and they should have a skilled jeweler that they use. Go to a Tiffanys or Spence diamonds because I'm sure they will size it for you if you can't find a hometown jeweler. Congrats on the engagement! Have you posted pics yet?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Maybe Charmy can help? Hopefully she sees this.

Choose a large establishment, insure your ring before the process, and then you don't need to worry about scamming really. Is it a plain solitiare? Or are their diamonds on the shank.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

My jeweler of choice is Paul at P&H Design. They have set a lot of stones for me and have always done a great job. Their after service care is great too. P&H primarily deals with the trade so they are not your normal store. You will likely have to leave your ring there for a day or so if you don't mind. Paul is on vacation for the next two weeks.

P&H Design - Paul
149 Church Street at Queen St, East side on the second floor

This is someone else the comes recommended on forums. I have not used them myself.
Rose Jewellery - Victor
21 Dundas Sq #1201, Dundas Square across from Eaton's center
416-366-1157
Not the one with a website - different Rose Jewellery

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

Charmy, can you tell us a bit more about the range of services that P&H offers. I am moving to the GTA before the end of the year and will need a jewller a lot more than a new doctor or dentist! Does he work with gemstones for instance? Does he have a website?

Does anyone remember if this is the guy that Belle used to set her RB into a cushion halo?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gailey said:
Does anyone remember if this is the guy that Belle used to set her RB into a cushion halo?

If you mean Beau, then I think the answer is yes.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

Whoops, yes I meant Beau. Thanks DD.

Anyone else used P&H?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

Gailey said:
Charmy, can you tell us a bit more about the range of services that P&H offers. I am moving to the GTA before the end of the year and will need a jewller a lot more than a new doctor or dentist! Does he work with gemstones for instance? Does he have a website?

Welcome to Toronto soon :)

P&H does everything - setting, custom work, repairs etc. Heck, they even have an appraiser upstairs if you need it. I primarily use them to set my gemstones (they have done over 20 rings for me). He does an excellent job and no damage to my stones at all. He set all my rings (minus the spess) - colored-stones/my-new-yummies-9-new-rings-t143364-60.html. He has set several more since then. He also bezel set a tourmaline for me but the pic isn't working for some reason.

They charge me $50 per setting although I think they sometimes charge people $30 to $45 but I never asked for a discount. His prices for custom work is very reasonable and the quality of work is good. I am extremly picky with my pave which is why I have no used him for custom pave work. I would have no concerns using them for less delicate designs.

They don't have a website as they usually deal with the trade.

Yes, P&H is the company that made Beau's halo ring.

I am sure there might be better jewellers in Toronto but I think Paul is a great guy and I trust him. I tried a few others but none of them were as good .. I didn't want to waste more money trying others out so I always go back to Paul.

ivan

Rough_Rock
Trade

FIrstly, thanks so much to everyone. I truly do appreciate it.

Went to Emilian, they don't have an in house goldsmith so my fiancee didn't want to drop it off there for a week. (they were great there and i did feel comfortable with them)

@ Redrose, willl have pics next week:)

I think i'm leaning to taking it to P&h or tiffanys. Still deciding

Now i need to know what it to insure it and where in toronto? I'll use the search on here, can anyone recommend someone in Toronto or Mississauga?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

Insurance - no question go with Jewelers Mutual (http://www.jewelersmutual.com/USAPerson ... px?id=4137). Best policy and good prices. You will need a Canadian appraisal - P&H can do it for you too for insurance purposes.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

I didn't think Tiffany would resize a non-Tiffany ring but then again .. never asked or tried. I suspect Birks would be more open to doing it.

ivan

Rough_Rock
Trade

@charmypoo,

Thanks. Will go with P&H then.

This may sound like a stupid question, but how do they resize? Do they cut the ring and re braze it or somehow strech it? The ring is a size 6 and she needs a 6 3/4's.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results