shape
carat
color
clarity

poof...my diamond is gone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fcfnate

Rough_Rock
i lost the diamond i wanted because i was a bit too apprehensive in buying it. i had a diamond picked out on GOG, i sent them a few e-mails, and i checked their site today...it's gone. I just wanted to know if there are any dealers you guys could recommend, besides the ones on the vendors link above that deals with ags000, or equal quality, h&a stones. i'm relatively new to this stuff (although i've learned more than i ever thought i would about diamonds in the last 2 weeks) but with all the searching i've done i've narrrowed down the places i'd want to buy a diamond from. I've been checking GOG and superbcert more than other sites simply because they have alot of the info like being able to view the cert online, sarin reports, etc. If you guys know of any other online dealers that allow you to view that much info, please let me know. I'm running out of time =(.

thanks,
nate

fcfnate

Rough_Rock
one more thing, if anyone from those websites i've listed happen to read that post, please feel free to contact me. like i said, i'm running out of time and i'd really appreciate a one on one conversation about some other options. thanks again.

fcfnate

Rough_Rock
thanks, but i already did. they have some nice stones there but not "exactly" what i want. i e-mailed them asking them if they have other stones not listed on their site yet, i guess i'll see what happens.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
A Cut Above H&A's and the Expert Selection diamonds at www.whiteflash.com.
1.gif

fcfnate

Rough_Rock
thankx pq. oddly enough i never noticed the expert selection link. unfortunately i couldn't find what i was looking for. i checked their aca's also, no dice there either.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
If you post more info about what you're looking for, you're sure to get responses with at least a dozen suggestions
1.gif

I'll be an old cynic however and suggest that if you're running out of time, it may be time to make some compromises - go up or down in weight, color, price, etc....just a little.

Good hunting.

p.s. Add dbof and niceice to your list, they both can get you the info you want.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
What price range were you shopping in before?? I saw in a previous post, you had selected a .7-.75 carat, F, VS stone. Are those specs still of interest to you, or would you consider a lower color diamond??

Let us know how we can help and folks will be glad to help you search.
1.gif

fcfnate

Rough_Rock
about compromising, i guess i'm just being my stubborn self. i saw the stone i wanted, and decided to speak to someone at GOG before i bought it. as for the specs.

ROUND AGS000 (basically top notch cut)
E-F
VS1-VS2
.7-.75
preferably H&A
and i'd prefer some extra info, like brillancescope, sarin, etc.

fcfnate

Rough_Rock
thankx elmo & pq. the stone on niceice, is well, very nice. i'll be looking into that one. scored 1.1 on the hca (i don't know how reliable that program is, but it's another tool that i've been using). I also e-mailed dbof for some info on one of their stones. thanks again...the search continues.

fcfnate

Rough_Rock
pq, i went to GOG to check out that diamond you suggested and i found another one i liked. just curious as to what you would think of it

http://www.goodoldgold.com/0_782ct_e_vs2_h%26a.htm

since i'm no expert i wanted some info about something else. doesn't this stone have too many red marks on the diagram for it to be a vs2. i never saw a vs2 stone with this much red.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I would look at the clarity shots rather than the plot, which is drawn by hand and more pinpointing the location of identifying inclusions than drawing them to scale. If you're not satisfied with the tiny miniscule specks in those pictures, then maybe you should eliminate VS2s and just stick to VS1s or VVS2s.

fcfnate

Rough_Rock
i see what you're saying phoenix(by the way one of the signatures you recommended seems very nice, scored .4 on the hca). you said those inclusions were "tiny" and "minuscule" i guess i'm worrying too much. the thing is, i have no frame of reference. when i look at those closeup shots, i don't really know what they'd look like if i had them in front of me. it's pretty nervewrecking when you're about to buy something so expensive, and you lack so much knowledge in the subject. between a full-time job and law school, i haven't had much time to research this stuff. i learned everything i know in the last 10-14 days. with these sporadic searchs i do. again thankx a bunch to all of you guys trying to help me, i wish i could help you back. ask me for legal advice if you need any i guess.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
That E from GOG looks very nice. Rhino musta really cranked the magnification to show the inclusions. They aren't dark so they won't even be seen. The dazzle of the diamond will be all anyone will see. I'd bet you'll be hard pressed to find those inclusions with a 10X.

This one looks great. The BS is eye popping!!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results