carat
color
clarity

Poll: Which setting for large OMC?!

Which setting would you choose?

• Total voters

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure if this has been asked yet. But do you plan to pair it with a band? If so, do you stack or do you foresee problems in that dept. with either of these?

You ask a valid question! I wish I had a stronger opinion on this part - I do like bands, but I'm not sure if a ring like this would need them necessarily. I think bands would work with either, though the single shank would probably stack more naturally. It's definitely something good to consider!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I think the setting @Moonie has posted is wonderful, I especially like the shield detailing on the shanks, that's a really nice detail.

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
OMG thank you so much for posting this!!! You're right, it's so similar and this is an amazing visual to get an idea of how it would look! This helps me so much, I really appreciate you sharing it!!

No problem! I actually love the tapering of the shoulder...I think it's super elegant. Not sure if that would affect the sturdiness of the setting since your OMC is a hefty one ;-) But love the look!

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Moonie is that the Ring Concierge setting in your profile pic? That was what I provided as an example of a style I loved!

Yes it is!! It's also my favorite setting and I personally LOVE her OMC setting in that style. Mine was done by Mark Broumand in LA but essentially the same Edwardian setting.

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so what do you guys think of this? I asked for a side view of the split and it’s not as dramatic as I thought - definitely more subtle. What about something like this but with teeny stones on the part where the split ends and merges into the band? 511A1B6E-55AC-4DE6-A496-BD5896491913.jpeg

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! I got a better screenshot of the stone which is now my avatar pic. :D I'm so excited to share how all of this turns out!

I'm still REALLY torn between the two setting options. I literally change my mind twice a day...

I love the vintage vibes of #1 - I confirmed that the small stones in that one would be french cuts to match the chunky crown of my main stone. My biggest concern is will this setting be too busy/distracting and also will it show any color contrast between the small shoulder stones and the main stone.

I love the simplicity and balance of #2 - I feel like many of the extra large stones I've been seeing lately have very simple settings so as not to distract from the main event. If I do this one, I'm debating adding a thin baguette at the base of where the split merges into the singular part of the band, in place of the little shoulder cuff that's in the drawing. I also realized that with the size of this stone and the size of my finger, the split will be more subtle than most traditional split shanks.

511A1B6E-55AC-4DE6-A496-BD5896491913.jpeg

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts on any of this, I would love to hear it!! Thanks again for all of the help!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for option 1 without question (for me at least).
Good luck with your decision.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think with the size of the (stunning) diamond, the stone almost covers your finger, so you might end up not really seeing the split. For that reason, I like option 1.

Both are gorgeous, though.

This is what I was thinking, too. Also, I don't know if you were planning to pair it with a band but I feel like it'll stack more naturally with a single shank instead of double.

Regardless of which one you choose, it's going to be ridiculously gorgeous so you really can't lose!

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
I'm having a hard time envisioning the baguette for Option 2, are there any images that you could share?

Since it's similar to my setting, my vote is always for #1 :lol:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Setting 1 without question especially if it's going to have frenchies on the shoulder. Small square ones or elongated ones?

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Setting 1 without question especially if it's going to have frenchies on the shoulder. Small square ones or elongated ones?

Small square ones! I am just hoping they won’t be too distracting or busy looking. I’m sure that won’t be the case in person, I’m just bad at imagining things without seeing them. :)

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
I'm having a hard time envisioning the baguette for Option 2, are there any images that you could share?

Since it's similar to my setting, my vote is always for #1 :lol:

Me too to be honest. Ha! I feel like I’m wanting to make too many tweaks to the second option, so maybe that’s a sign.

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to everyone again for all of the votes and input! It’s taken a while, but here is where we landed... :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results