shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: Which is a better buy? Multi-shape diamonds or classic tennis bracelet?

Which would you choose and why?

• 1. Multi-shape diamond bracelet

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • 2. Classic tennis bracelet

Votes: 59 69.4%

• Total voters

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Let’s just say hypothetically you can buy one bracelet and you have a choice between a classic tennis bracelet like so:

B5590E0F-07C0-4CFA-9765-FF5E12CB9E3C.jpeg

Or a multi-shape diamond bracelet like so:
CA9D1E4A-12F5-4083-9E28-DB3760EEEF6E.jpeg CA644754-C578-4563-9AF2-EC6AE8F13370.png
B0B03518-C20C-4AC8-ACA0-647C03A628AB.jpeg

Which would you buy and why?

Appreciate your thoughts on the “better” buy, assuming same pricing and quality.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can answer what I would buy but which is better may depend on your wants/needs and how you define "better".

I would do the mixed shapes or perhaps all rounds but in the bracelet style of the mixed shapes.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I can answer what I would buy but which is better may depend on your wants/needs and how you define "better".

I would do the mixed shapes or perhaps all rounds but in the bracelet style of the mixed shapes.

Hmm… I suppose it’s a mix of daily wearability, classic vs uniqueness, style… finding it hard to decide so thought to ask PS-ers!

Tried to find a realistic wrist shot (with diamond sizes that are affordable without winning the lottery) with both types of bracelets but couldn’t and found something like this instead:

12DC32F8-2F51-41F7-BE71-9E000E152546.jpeg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
For starters, I would go with the classic rounds. I love the mixed cut bracelet, but I wonder if I would tire of it.

I have the classic round setting. In hindsight, I do wish I had known enough to buy a 3 prong versus a 4 prong setting, though.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for chiming in @kgizo @lulu_ma !

Am new at this - so why is a 3 prong better than a 4 prong for tennis bracelet?

If you like the look, you need less diamonds so you can get slightly bigger ones :)

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I love the mixed cut and should have thought to add that to my wish list on the other thread!

edited to add:

If you had the mixed cut you could wear it with any other jewellery. Personably I can’t stand having square cut rings for example with a round cut bracelet. Or wear step cuts with ovals. So that bracelet would be ideal.

I love the look of the mixed cuts. It’s a beautiful bracelet! That would be my preference if you’re going for stones of a reasonable size. If not then I would prefer rounds, but I like the uniqueness this holds over the classic tennis.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of my style is classic so I choose the 3 prong tennis.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I feel like eventually I will get both tbh. The mixed cuts is tempting as there is an opportunity now for a good deal and the design doesn’t appear so frequently. The tennis bracelet is just… so classic.

And… I’m supposed to be on a bling ban!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For you - I pick the mixed cuts ::)
They’d be killer with your jade taitai earrings during the week and a long tahitian rope on weekends.
I don’t personally go for super classic, though.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Looks like the majority think the same and hence the overwhelming vote for a classic tennis bracelet (90%)

Ok looks like the margin is going down but still at 76% for the classic tennis bracelet.

For you - I pick the mixed cuts ::)
They’d be killer with your jade taitai earrings during the week and a long tahitian rope on weekends.
I don’t personally go for super classic, though.

Well I like classics too. I seem to like EVERYTHING. Clearly a problem.

And then there's the graduated tennis with bigger diamonds where it counts. =)2

434 13.0tcw 40x0.33ct G-I,VS-SI 6.5x0.20 in Pt 23g $8.5-12K - Copy.jpg

Oh never seen something like that before. But bracelets move a lot so I wonder how it will work to have the big diamonds centered. Maybe a bangle will work better?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
If you like the look, you need less diamonds so you can get slightly bigger ones :)

Ah ok. Personally I like mine to look roundish and with some metal (does that even make sense) to make the width bigger.

If you had the mixed cut you could wear it with any other jewellery. Personably I can’t stand having square cut rings for example with a round cut bracelet. Or wear step cuts with ovals. So that bracelet would be ideal.

You should totally put a mixed cut diamond bracelet on your want/need list! Fortunately or unfortunately (lol) I don’t have non-round diamond rings.

I love the look of the mixed cuts. It’s a beautiful bracelet! That would be my preference if you’re going for stones of a reasonable size. If not then I would prefer rounds, but I like the uniqueness this holds over the classic tennis.

Mmm I sort of think I should get a classic before going for a mixed cut? I really like the design but a part of me is like - get a tennis bracelet first!!

All of my style is classic so I choose the 3 prong tennis.

Thanks for chiming in!

i like the one that isnt the classic tennis braclete

but take my opinion with a grain of salt as i have been known to have questionable taste :lol-2:

Not at all questionable! I think the mixed cut is really lovely else wouldn’t have this very first world problem.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the classic one. To me, the other one just seems like it's too "busy" or something.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok I also only have one wrist and really don’t need multiple bracelets/bangles. Sigh.

Mmm I sort of think I should get a classic before going for a mixed cut? I really like the design but a part of me is like - get a tennis bracelet first!!

Would you wear both if you had both? For me, both bracelets would scratch the same itch in my wardrobe so I would only reach for one, and knowing myself, I would reach for the multi shape one over the classic tennis (everyone has a classic tennis, the mixed cuts is more unique). I wouldn’t buy both if you won’t use both.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Would you wear both if you had both? For me, both bracelets would scratch the same itch in my wardrobe so I would only reach for one, and knowing myself, I would reach for the multi shape one over the classic tennis (everyone has a classic tennis, the mixed cuts is more unique). I wouldn’t buy both if you won’t use both.

Not at the same time, but yes I would wear both. Probably rotate (along with my other diamond bracelet and jadeite bangles) like what I do with my rings.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the mixed because you can wear different shaped rings with it. Also, I usually do not pick classic.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
My quibble with the multi shape bracelet ie that the links look very delicate. Have you had the chance to try both on? Personally I am really rough on bracelets so sturdiness Is really important to me. I wear a gold and diamond bangle instead of a bracelet.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appreciate your thoughts on the “better” buy, assuming same pricing and quality.

Multicut style looks dressier and more special-occasion to my eye -- but that may just be an artifact of the ubiquity of regular tennis bracelets. Even a knockout diamond tennis bracelet has a bit of an "I never take it off" vibe.

Both are lovely on your wrist.

Caveat: I know very little about this. Spouse has a nice sapphire line bracelet but no tennis bracelet.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
My quibble with the multi shape bracelet ie that the links look very delicate. Have you had the chance to try both on? Personally I am really rough on bracelets so sturdiness Is really important to me. I wear a gold and diamond bangle instead of a bracelet.

I have a station bracelet and it has been fine so far so I think the multi shape should be fine. I’m torn. I want both. At the same time I’m supposed to be on a bling ban. Argh.

2B919129-D52E-40E5-9A45-170712F39CDB.jpeg

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Let’s just say hypothetically you can buy one bracelet and you have a choice between a classic tennis bracelet like so:

B5590E0F-07C0-4CFA-9765-FF5E12CB9E3C.jpeg

Or a multi-shape diamond bracelet like so:
CA9D1E4A-12F5-4083-9E28-DB3760EEEF6E.jpeg CA644754-C578-4563-9AF2-EC6AE8F13370.png
B0B03518-C20C-4AC8-ACA0-647C03A628AB.jpeg

Which would you buy and why?

I prefer the different shapes that is my initial reaction . But.....I know myself if I wish to wear it every day and hope I never lose a stone i'd play it safe with all round brilliant stones

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Went to try a tennis bracelet! 13 pointers with my station bracelet. I tried a 8 pointer and it looked too small so didn’t take a pic. I actually thought maybe bigger would be better? :eek2: Like how can I get DSS before I even buy??? Gosh…

ABE96DD8-7810-427C-A601-4983EF26D5C6.jpeg

The station bracelet is gorgeous!!!

Thank you!

I prefer the different shapes that is my initial reaction . But.....I know myself if I wish to wear it every day and hope I never lose a stone i'd play it safe with all round brilliant stones

After looking around a bit, I do think that the multi-shaped bracelet is a bit harder to come by but the tennis bracelet is so much more classic and wearable everyday.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results