shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: What would you pick if it were for youself?

Poll: Which diamond set would you choose for studs?

• BGD I SI2 0.53 and H SI1 0.52

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • BGD I SI2 0.53 and I VS1 0.525

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • WF J SI1 0.541 and I VS2 0.56

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • IDJ H SI2 0.52 and H SI2 0.52

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Here are the details.

BGD I SI2 0.53 and H SI1 0.52
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104049771022
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104049771032

BGD I SI2 0.53 and I VS1 0.525
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104049771022
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104049771035

WF J SI1 0.541 and I VS2 0.56
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare.aspx?idnos=2566193,912984

IDJ H SI2 0.52 and H SI2 0.52
I don;t have pictures but I have certs and Yekutiel told me the diamonds would perform very well. I am concerned with the feather inclusion in one of the diamonds. Given below are the gia certs he sent me

MS-48552.jpg

MQ-48383.jpg

I need to make a decision by tomorrow and all the options above cost pretty much the same (+/- $100) including the platinum setting.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
are these for studs? if so does one vendor have a setting you like better? I personally like the BGD bezels because of the way they sit on the ear (more rounded)

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
No, I am debating whether to get bezel set studs or classic 3 prong martini's. I think IDJ is the only one that charges the same price for both the styles. BDG and Whiteflash will cost me about $200 more(for platinum). I am leaning more towards the martinis at this point as all the vendors I am considering make the matini's and they are about the same cost.

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
I also just received these diamond comparison photos from whiteflash of the J SI1 and I VS2. What do you guys think? I asked BGD to do the same but they refused and said that since they are dealing with a high volume of customers that are not accomodating photo requests. Did this happen to others?

SBS_DurgaGandi_042111.jpg

Tray_DurgaGandi_042111.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IDJ -
http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.showReportVerification&reportno=2131205022&weight=0.52
http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.showReportVerification&reportno=1136199752&weight=0.51
Numbers are fine, fine match by the numbers

BGDs say sold - did you buy them? They look nice and nicely matched, request hearts pics.

WFs also say sold - nice, and nicely matched. They will be noticeably bigger than the IDJs or the BGDs I think, though they are of course lower colour - depends on where your priorities are. Do you want higher colour? H&A? Higher clarity? To buy from a certain vendor as slg said? Personally I'd pick the WFs - they're bigger, and they're well-cut and not terribly large so face-up they'll look quite white, especially against your darker skin - since noone sees the pavilions of stud diamonds that's not of concern.

Re. settings - whatever you choose, decide whether you want points that sit inside your holes or flatter joints. If you haven't already, I'd recommend buying a couple of cheapie pairs and trying them out for a week.. the way the head is designed makes a big difference in how they look (inside ears w/ little protrusion, or more 3D), and to me how they *feel* as well -

file.jpg

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
BGDs say sold - did you buy them? They look nice and nicely matched, request hearts pics.
Yes I had them put it on hold and I did the same with Whiteflash.

I contacted all the vendors to see if they have any J SI1's available since my ering has a J ACA and I love it more than I loved my H expert selection and I think the warmer color of J gives it a different personality. But none of the vendors have any J's in the size I was looking for. WF had one and they found the I to match it with. Other than the color they seem to be perfectly matched and from the upside down pic I cannot really tell which is which unless I read the text.

So my preference is larger stones and I am happy with J color but I am unsure about SI2's until I see the actual diamond itself. BGD's I SI2 looks really good and that's why I chose that.

when it comes to settings, I like the handmade milgrain bezel setting by BGD and the IDJ bezel setting is also good. If I am going to WF I will not get the bezel setting. I most probably will pick the 3 prong martini and I think I want the flatter joints rather than the ones that sit inside the holes.

The only thing that I am not sure of is if the color difference will bother me if I choose the first or the third option. So confused :confused:

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Wow, out the 7 poll responses, the majority picket the IDJ pair. Hmmm I wonder why? Is it the higher color?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkprashu|1303417826|2902108 said:
Wow, out the 7 poll responses, the majority picket the IDJ pair. Hmmm I wonder why? Is it the higher color?

My guess is that they think they will be cheaper. But I am also wondering if people bothered to look at the diameters of all of them. Like Yssie, I see that the WF ones are larger, and I think I did encourage you to go with as large as you can so you won't have the urge to upgrade too soon. =)

(Oh, and I don't think you need side by side pictures for H&A stones at all. As long as you match diameters and table sizes, the stones are going to be fine together! The IDJ ones are the ones you need more info on because we cannot assume they are H&A. And I just can't read the numbers on the lab report at all.)

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Yekutiel called me and told me that one of the stones doesn't meet his standards and he does not have any at this moment that would meet my requirements. He said he can find some stones in a week. If I have to make a decision now I am left with bgd and wf. Also, as my mentioned earlier the price for the options was about the same +/- $100 even idj.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would probably opt for the BGD I colors because I like matching colors. Second choice the WF ones. You can see a very clight difference in tint in the photos, but in real life it would not be noticable.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I *like* the WF pair of stones better - I like the extra bit of size, I guarantee that once they're set and ready to be worn you will absolutely not see the colour difference face-up, and I admit I also like that they were willing to go the extra mile for you in getting those pics - unnecessary though they really are, as DS said earlier.

BUT in this case I would choose the BGDs, since I like the size that the bezels would add even more, and ultimately I am confident that you can count on excellent service from both vendors.

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Yssie, since your choice is BGDs would you choose option1 or 2.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkprashu|1303439703|2902366 said:
Yssie, since your choice is BGDs would you choose option1 or 2.

The pair w/ the I and the H - because A) they're cheaper, B) I think it's a waste to pay for VS1 for earrings in this size and I know the colour difference won't matter outside of mind-clean-ness, which I'm not one to worry over, and C) because they're all spectacular stones, and I'm quite sure that if I had all three in a row in front of me I couldn't pick out any two as the visually "better" pair, assuming the SI2 is eyeclean.

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, I decided to go with the first option(I SI2 and H SI1) because WF has sold the pair to another customer and have nothing in the inventory at this moment for me to consider. I cannot wait another week before I place the order because I will be on vacation in 20 days for 2 and 1/2 weeks and will want to inspect the earrings before I leave.

I am also excited that the setting I like the Handmade Milgrain Bezel Studs by BGD http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5566is what I will be getting in platinum . They said they will need 10 business days but I asked to rush this a little bit because of my vacation plans and BGD only has a 15 day return policy on the diamonds and the setting is non refundable. I am willing to give BGD a chance to see what they can do for me. So finally the decision is made but the wait is on.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh, fabulous choice, PP! If you want milgrain bezels, BGD has to be the best choice, IMO! I am considering their milgrain bezel pendant, but I am going to do inside-only milgrain on mine. Your earrings will be beautiful!

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ds and everybody who helped me with my decision. Pricescope is truly awesome. DH just does not get why I am so obsessed with this site.
I am happy with my decision and cannot wait to get my hands on those studs. The wait will be agonizing to say the least :(

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your choice :)) I hope you love them! Looking forward to your pics (of yet more droolificent bezel milgrain studs - it is the new IT thing around here! :love: )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results