color
clarity

Poll: What do you dislike that many other ppl like or love

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Re: Poll: What do you dislike that many other ppl like or lo

B.E.G. said:
Sillyberry, that reminded me -

I dislike bars and most forms of alcohol. I think I'm in the minority, at least on the latter :razz:

I'm with you. I really have a strong dislike for bars..never into them. I can't stand to be around ppl who are drunk they're annoying. I'm also not a fan of alcohol. I like red wine and champagne..that's about it.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

atroop711 said:
B.E.G. said:

I dislike bars and most forms of alcohol. I think I'm in the minority, at least on the latter :razz:

I'm with you. I really have a strong dislike for bars..never into them. I can't stand to be around ppl who are drunk they're annoying. I'm also not a fan of alcohol. I like red wine and champagne..that's about it.

Same for me! I like wine and champagne, and pina coladas. And that's about it :)

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

ForteKitty said:
Autumn-

haha you should have gone to the beach areas and west LA if you wanted to see hot girls. Manhattan and Hermosa Beach always have hot volleyball types or hot bikini chicks. Or the club scenes!

LA is very spread out, so unless you have a car, it's hard to get around. I always wondered what tourists DO here because I dont see the appeal. I love going to the beach when it's warm, and i love the food options. Aside from that, there is not a whole lot to see. there is extreme poverty mixed in some very nice and some very exclusive areas over almost 500 square miles, which makes it very NOT tourist-friendly.

I'm sorry you had a bad time in LA. i feel embarassed... :(

I was going to go to the beaches but they were 45 mins away :angryfire:

Maybe I should come back and just go to the beaches so I can look at the hot girls :D

I TRIED to go to the clubs but they were all absurd due to the fact that celebrities were in there and the lines were outrageous (even though we got on the guest lists!!!!!)

We were in West Hollywood....is that the same as West LA? I know nothing :bigsmile:

It wasn't AWFUL...I was exaggerating...I was just disappointed.

Universal Studios was absolutely incredible so if anything, I'd go back there in a heartbeat just for that. Oh! And In-N-Out burger.....*drool*....good thing we don't have them on the east coast because I'd be 500 lbs overweight. I'll have to upload the pictures of me eating the in-n-out burger. I'm dressed nicely, burger in hand, sauce all over my face and hands :lickout: Pinkberry was delicious too!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock

B.E.G. said:
atroop711 said:
B.E.G. said:

Same for me! I like wine and champagne, and pina coladas. And that's about it :)

oh yes I forgot the pina coladas..but I have to be in the caribbean at the pool (the beach is pretty but mess)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

atroop711 said:
B.E.G. said:
atroop711 said:
B.E.G. said:

oh yes I forgot the pina coladas..but I have to be in the caribbean at the pool (the beach is pretty but mess)

I didn't realize so many people disliked the beach! I dislike beaches that are icky, but gorgeous white sand beaches - I'll take that over a pool (as long as I have a chair! I do NOT like beaches if I have to lie on a towel!)

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

B.E.G. said:
I didn't realize so many people disliked the beach! I dislike beaches that are icky, but gorgeous white sand beaches - I'll take that over a pool (as long as I have a chair! I do NOT like beaches if I have to lie on a towel!)

I like being in the ocean, but I hate sand. Nothing worse than having sand in your unmentionables.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock

B.E.G made a good point. If it's a nice beach with smooth sand and warm water, I can't get enough. I just happen to live near some dirty, slimy, cold New England beaches and have to travel quite a distance (and pay ridiculous permit/parking prices) to get to the good ones.

Also: Amber from that show Teen Mom (yeah, I still watch MTV sometimes). I know everyone likes her because she "says it how it is" but I just find her really annoying and shrill. She's always screaming in front of her baby, she's always sitting down, her daughter is always dragging a heavy diaper, chewing on a bottle, stuck in her playpen, or eating sugar. Her house is always filthy too. Makes me :angryfire:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

Autumnovember said:
I TRIED to go to the clubs but they were all absurd due to the fact that celebrities were in there and the lines were outrageous (even though we got on the guest lists!!!!!)

We were in West Hollywood....is that the same as West LA? I know nothing :bigsmile:

Universal Studios was absolutely incredible so if anything, I'd go back there in a heartbeat just for that. Oh! And In-N-Out burger.....*drool*....good thing we don't have them on the east coast because I'd be 500 lbs overweight. I'll have to upload the pictures of me eating the in-n-out burger. I'm dressed nicely, burger in hand, sauce all over my face and hands :lickout: Pinkberry was delicious too!

Hollywood clubs are outrageous.. i refuse to go anymore. especially when they charge $20 a drink!

West Hollywood is still kind of inland. I consider West LA anything west of the 405 fwy, but different people have different definitions.

In-N-Out... definitely yummy! there's one near my work and i go almost every week!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

SB - yeah. That's not fun at all. Ugh.

Nashville - I don't blame you for not liking beaches if you're in New England!

I also don't like super touristy super crowded beaches, no matter how gorgeous. But give me a quiet, secluded, white sand beach and calm water (no huge waves like Manuel Antonio in Costa Rica, which is picturesque but impossible for me to go in), and I'll be happy to stay there all day.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

-I don't like LA either (I'm in Orange County, and drive to LA maybe less than once a year)
-Ditto all the Beach-haters

OT: Going to In-N-Out for dinner!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock

AutumnNovember, you can find Pinkberrys in the east now! I've been to many in NYC before I ever went to one in LA. My LA living friend hates Pinkberry and thinks I'm crazy - I like it because it's not super sweet (and she hates it because it's not super sweet).

Also, West Hollywood sucks - that would be the last place in LA that I would've wanted to be. That's like going to NYC and only seeing Times Square - sure it's the touristy place to go, but I don't think it makes a good first impression on tourists, if you know what I mean. There's definitely more to the city than that (even though I'm not a huge fan of LA in general).

eta: Nashville, I'm watching Teen Mom right now - who the heck says they like Amber? I can't imagine anybody liking her - she's an obnoxious PITA most of the time. I'm shocked that people like her.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Elrohwen said:
AutumnNovember, you can find Pinkberrys in the east now! I've been to many in NYC before I ever went to one in LA. My LA living friend hates Pinkberry and thinks I'm crazy - I like it because it's not super sweet (and she hates it because it's not super sweet).

Also, West Hollywood sucks - that would be the last place in LA that I would've wanted to be. That's like going to NYC and only seeing Times Square - sure it's the touristy place to go, but I don't think it makes a good first impression on tourists, if you know what I mean. There's definitely more to the city than that (even though I'm not a huge fan of LA in general).

eta: Nashville, I'm watching Teen Mom right now - who the heck says they like Amber? I can't imagine anybody liking her - she's an obnoxious PITA most of the time. I'm shocked that people like her.

Red Mango > Pinkberry :)

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock

Where do I find this Red Mango you speak of?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Elrohwen said:

It's generally where Pinkberry is. I know in NY's East Village on St. Mark's St. Pinkberry and RM are right across the street from each other (and in NY's K-town too I think!).

I'm pretty sure one opened up in Chicago, and there's a bunch in CA. Here's a list (there's a lot more locations than I thought! Too bad there isn't one near me :()

http://www.redmangousa.com/locator/showAllLocations2.php

ETA: I love RM because the yogurt is creamier and a bit tarter I think than Pinkberry (I love the original and the pomegranate). And their mochi is delish.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock

Next time I'm in the city I'll definitely check it out! Thanks for the tip BEG!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Large homes
Dark chocolate
Salmon, and on that note . . .
lox (as a Jewish girl in a Jewish community, I'm pretty much the only person who doesn't love lox around here. Yech.)

My husband dislikes Golden Retrievers. It's really weird. He loves animals of all kinds, but he doesn't like Goldens.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock

B.E.G. said:
Elrohwen said:

It's generally where Pinkberry is. I know in NY's East Village on St. Mark's St. Pinkberry and RM are right across the street from each other (and in NY's K-town too I think!).

I'm pretty sure one opened up in Chicago, and there's a bunch in CA. Here's a list (there's a lot more locations than I thought! Too bad there isn't one near me :()

ETA: I love RM because the yogurt is creamier and a bit tarter I think than Pinkberry (I love the original and the pomegranate). And their mochi is delish.

Ewww I HATE Redmango and Pinkberry. They are both located in the west village too. There's a RM on 14st and 6th ave (NW side of 14th and 6th) and the Pinkberry is on 6th ave btwn 13th and 14th st (west side of the block).

HEY B. E. G ...Hello to a fellow NYer

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

atroop711 said:
B.E.G. said:
Elrohwen said:

Ewww I HATE Redmango and Pinkberry. They are both located in the west village too. There's a RM on 14st and 6th ave (NW side of 14th and 6th) and the Pinkberry is on 6th ave btwn 13th and 14th st (west side of the block).

Atroop I wish I was a fellow NYer! I was living and working there last summer, but I would love to move back! I lived on 7th st. right by the RM and Pinkberry on St. Marks - yum. And the Bonchon Korean chicken on St. Marks, the Saints Alp bubble tea place...I hated the general ickiness (between insane amounts of rain and the trash) in the neighborhood but it was definitely tops for food!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock

B.E.G. said:
atroop711 said:
B.E.G. said:
Elrohwen said:

Atroop I wish I was a fellow NYer! I was living and working there last summer, but I would love to move back! I lived on 7th st. right by the RM and Pinkberry on St. Marks - yum. And the Bonchon Korean chicken on St. Marks, the Saints Alp bubble tea place...I hated the general ickiness (between insane amounts of rain and the trash) in the neighborhood but it was definitely tops for food!

B.E.G you were right in my neighborhood. I'm in the East Village too but more east (closer to the water). Come back and visit!! :wavey:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

atroop711 said:
B.E.G. said:
atroop711 said:
B.E.G. said:
Elrohwen said:

B.E.G you were right in my neighborhood. I'm in the East Village too but more east (closer to the water). Come back and visit!! :wavey:

Hopefully I'll be able to soon and we can plan a NYC GTG :)

Ninna

Shiny_Rock

I always try to find good in bad things. I agree with atroop711, Dog p**p in Paris made me ill. City scenery was wonderful though.
Can't find ways to justify:
Gum
Candy
Hot peppers
Many Deli Meats
Smoking
Tight clothes
Fake flowers
McD's
Taco Bell and alike
Soda
Stingrays, people think they are beautiful....we have too many of them! :evil:

atroop711

Ideal_Rock

B.E.G. said:
atroop711 said:
B.E.G. said:
atroop711 said:
B.E.G. said:
Elrohwen said:

Hopefully I'll be able to soon and we can plan a NYC GTG :)

Sounds good! :wavey:

diva rose

Shiny_Rock

Twilight & Kirsten whatever - the main actor. She can't act and she always pulls the same face. So annoying.
Harry Potter
Friends (TV show)
Grey's Anatomy (TV show)
Angelina Jolie & Jennifer Aniston - I seriously do not understand the hype about them and never will.
Oprah & Dr Phil - same as above.
Apple computer/laptops/phones
pickles
olives
Soft drinks
bacon
sausages
cats
Titanic the movie
the Matrix series
When Harry Met Sally the movie
Sleepless in Seattle which leads to...
Tom Hanks
Meg Ryan
Taylor Swift
Smoking
Drugs
Paris
beer
white wine
hot weather/the sun
mineral water

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock

American football
beer
the movie "Crash"
the book "The Pillars of the Earth" (the first few hundred pages were OK)
fancy mall chain restaurants like Maggiano's or The Cheesecake Factory
SUV's
video games
having a morning news show on while getting ready for the day
the suburbs
cucumbers

I love Paris! I grew up 2 hours from NYC, but I will always feel like a tourist there. But Paris, ah . . . DH and I feel totally at home there.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium

heat/humidity (HAVE TO GET OUT OF TX!!!)
raisins
olives
cilantro
that "marriage should be between a man and a woman" BULLSH**
religion
grocery shopping
underwear up my butt (aka thongs)
yard work
getting up early
sports

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Honey baked ham. Any kind of sweet meat, actually.
Pineapple and Cantaloupe - makes me gag
Olives - wish they would go extinct.
Beets - I think I hate them most of all
Toes and feet - can't stand the sight of them, not even my own. Cover your feet, people ('cept for baby feet, love those)!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock

ericad said:
Honey baked ham. Any kind of sweet meat, actually.
Pineapple and Cantaloupe - makes me gag
Olives - wish they would go extinct.
Beets - I think I hate them most of all
Toes and feet - can't stand the sight of them, not even my own. Cover your feet, people ('cept for baby feet, love those)!

Haha Erica I LOVE everything on your list except olives which I only like sometimes. (And to clarify, I'm not admitting to a foot fetish or anything, but I like feet more than most people.)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

I've never been there but I don't think I'd like Vegas. Maybe that's not fair to say since I've never seen it in person, but it's never been on my list of must-see places.

I hate camping. I'm not really an outdoors-type to begin with, and I don't get the appeal of sleeping in a sleeping bag on the ground (even in a tent). Nothing about camping appeals to me, except S'MORES. Mmm...

Yard work. I've never mowed a lawn and I have no interest in trying it out (unless I could use a riding mower -- that looks like fun!). I HATE raking leaves. I've never been into gardening either, although I love flowers.

Staying up really late. My husband is a total night owl and I'm an early bird.

Science fiction and fantasy books (I've never read Happy Potter and I didn't make it through the Twilight series.)

Most candy other than chocolate.

the Beatles

Lamb

Hera

Ideal_Rock

I don't like beaches either. Ironically, I had a beachfront home for ten years but I was there for the views. Living there has increased my dislike for dirty sand (it looks clean, but it's not), crowds, traffic, bad behavior, party scene etc.

Cheese: I can only tolerate certain types
Coldstone Creamery: just tastes like plain sugar
Pinkberry: Tastes like there's cheese in it which is why I think most people like it.
Oversized trucks
Vegas (too expensive and stressful)
twitter
carpet
80s fashion

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock

I basically stole everyone elses' ideas but here goes:

The beach- too hot
Baths - gross
Summer- again, too hot
Lord of the rings
Catcher in the rye
Twilight (although I’m sure a fair number of PSers would agree)
Vera Bradly
Breakfast- I’d rather leftovers from dinner 
Ellen Page- ahhhh do not like. She always seems to play the same character in every movie.
Top 40 type music and '80s music
Chick lit- And in that same vein…
The Notebook
Alfalfa sprouts
Taco Bell
Dark chocolate- I don’t dislike it, per se. I just think it’s had its day and now I’m back into Milk.
Cheap thai- This is especially sad to me, because for about 10 years I was under the impression I loved it. Now that I’m in a neighborhood with a place on every corner, I realize I’m not that crazy for it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results