shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: What do you dislike that many other ppl like or love

Re: Poll: What do you dislike that many other ppl like or lo

Callisto said:
Also I think some people are missing the "what other people like or love" aspect of this thread. Who likes traffic...?

Yeah I got off topic. :mrgreen:

meresal

Ideal_Rock

bean said:
Callisto said:
Also I think some people are missing the "what other people like or love" aspect of this thread. Who likes traffic...?

LOL, Bean, I was reading your post and thought, "Who the hecks like Cheap people and DIRTY bathrooms?!?" ;))

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock

Twilight movies

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

Salmon
Mussels
Olives
Peanut butter
Carrots
Nuts
Pastrami
Macaroons

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

Going out to bars on a weekend night
Convertibles (I'm SO with you Callisto - I hate wind! and noise!)
Gin
Sandy beaches (like others, I much prefer a pool...preferably with a swim-up bar!)
Soccer
Coffee in the morning

choro72

Brilliant_Rock

I should add, frozen yogurt. Give me my creamy full fat ice cream please! However, looking at the caloric difference it is tempting to switch over...

Mer, you would hate to be our neighbor :oops:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Sillyberry, that reminded me -

I dislike bars and most forms of alcohol. I think I'm in the minority, at least on the latter :razz:

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock

sillyberry said:
Going out to bars on a weekend night
Convertibles (I'm SO with you Callisto - I hate wind! and noise!)
Gin
Sandy beaches (like others, I much prefer a pool...preferably with a swim-up bar!)
Soccer
Coffee in the morning

I'm going to ditto all of this! Unlike BEG I do love my alcohol, I just don't like the bar scene. I much prefer to drink at home or at friends' houses.

Sha

Ideal_Rock

'Inception' and 'Juno'. Blergh.

Sha

Ideal_Rock

Oh, and most mainstream music!

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock

Harry Potter (tedious)
Twilight (whiny)
Steak
Baseball
The game "Apples to Apples"

...and don't even get me started on Vera Bradley bags!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock

American Idol.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Many popular blockbuster movies...I've never seen (nor do I have interest in seeing) any of the following:

none of the Harry Potter movies
none of the Lord of the Rings movies
none of the Star Wars movies
E.T.
Shrek
Ghost Busters
Back to the Future
The Da Vinci Code
none of the Toy Story movies
none of the Batman movies
none of the Terminator movies
none of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies
none of the Indiana Jones movies
Dances with Wolves

I also don't "get" Vegas, or going out for drinks, with the purpose of getting drunk.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

- Hiking and biking (feel like a displaced person in WA)
- Romantic candlelight dinners
- Quiet suburban life; I love big cities
- Public pools, saunas and hot tubs. Even at 5-star hotels. Unless it is 100% chlorine
- Happy ends (in movies and books)
- And now I dislike cruises! (I just came back from one.)

BTW - I am actually OK sitting in a traffic if it is in NYC or Boston. Traffic around my son's school in the mornings vexes me!

I dislike everything related to "Twilight" but I have this perverted fantasy - to go watch "Twilight" movie at midnight (this is what you are supposed to do) but instead of looking at the screen, look into faces of people who are watching "Twilight" at midnight.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

Romantic comedies!

les12

Shiny_Rock

crasru said:
- Hiking and biking (feel like a displaced person in WA)
- Romantic candlelight dinners
- Quiet suburban life; I love big cities
- Public pools, saunas and hot tubs. Even at 5-star hotels. Unless it is 100% chlorine
- Happy ends (in movies and books)
- And now I dislike cruises! (I just came back from one.)

BTW - I am actually OK sitting in a traffic if it is in NYC or Boston. Traffic around my son's school in the mornings vexes me!

I dislike everything related to "Twilight" but I have this perverted fantasy - to go watch "Twilight" movie at midnight (this is what you are supposed to do) but instead of looking at the screen, look into faces of people who are watching "Twilight" at midnight.

haha! Crasru- that made me laugh so hard! what a hilarious fantasy!

One thing I hate - the phrase/word "LOL"
I don't know why it bugs me so much I just could never bring myself to use it. I will for sure sprinkle my posts with "ha"s though.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Any kind of Seafood
Twilight
Harry Potter
Most television especially reality shows
Roller Coasters
Vegetables
Beer
Steak

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock

les12 said:
I don't know why it bugs me so much I just could never bring myself to use it. I will for sure sprinkle my posts with "ha"s though.

Oh, you must be my soulmate!!! I too, loathe LOL. Sometimes I want to say "Really, did you really just laugh out loud?" To me, "lol" is like the "uhhh" of conversational speech. It's just filler now. It means nothing. I will use "haha" "hehe" "teehee" or many variations but I never use LOL. Drives me bonkers. There I said it. Climbing down off my high horse now....

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

kenny said:
TV
Bigotry disguised as morality
Vegas
Parties
Pot
Sports
Being in the sun-laying on the beach
Wanting all the latest gadgets
Nightlife
Family that treats you worse than they'd treat a stranger (You are my blood therefor XYZ...)
Feeling your country is superior to others - IOW patriotism
Status conferred from fancy university or degree level
Competition
Religions and politics
Wanting a perfect, better, larger house
Powerful cars
Excessive kitchen appliances
Being cool
Illegally downloading music
Weddings
WalMart
Kids
Fast food restaurants
Dishwashers
Getting ahead via networking

My husband says being cool is not caring what other people think. So you are cool Kenny, according to my husband ;)) But he thinks I am cool, too, for the same reason, so I am not sure how reliable his judgement is.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

thought of a whole new list:

-boba/tapioca drinks. i refuse to chew when i'm supposed to be drinking. (someone just walked by w/ one!)
-cooked salmon
-saunas, jaccuzis, steam rooms. i get bored and i hate being hot.
-wearing earrings. have a lot but i never wear them
-shoes. i would love to wear flip flops 24/7. even during the winter.
-boy-shorts type undies. that seam rides up more than a thong, and if i buy them any bigger, they'll fall off.
-cashmere or wool. dont like that fuzzy feeling. i feel like there are bugs crawling on me! gimme a cotton tank and cotton shorts and i'll be happy.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Travel Goddess said:
les12 said:

Oh, you must be my soulmate!!! I too, loathe LOL. Sometimes I want to say "Really, did you really just laugh out loud?" To me, "lol" is like the "uhhh" of conversational speech. It's just filler now. It means nothing. I will use "haha" "hehe" "teehee" or many variations but I never use LOL. Drives me bonkers. There I said it. Climbing down off my high horse now....

LOL! You are both soooo funny! LOLOLOL!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

Oooh....I should add that I really disliked Los Angeles. The only good thing I DID like about it was Universal Studios. I'll go as far as saying LA is worse than Jersey.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

Autumnovember said:
Oooh....I should add that I really disliked Los Angeles. The only good thing I DID like about it was Universal Studios. I'll go as far as saying LA is worse than Jersey.

i agree. and if my family wasn't here, i'd be in San Diego in an instant. i could NEVER understand why people would willingly move here? it's sooooo crowded, and dirty, and just gross. it was NOT like this 10 years ago. I left for college and came back to 3x more traffic!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

ForteKitty said:
Autumnovember said:

i agree. and if my family wasn't here, i'd be in San Diego in an instant. i could NEVER understand why people would willingly move here? it's sooooo crowded, and dirty, and just gross. it was NOT like this 10 years ago. I left for college and came back to 3x more traffic!

I wasn't even in downtown LA and I couldn't bring myself to like it :( On our Cali trip we went to San Fran, San Diego, and then our last stop was West Hollywood. I was most excited for LA too! I left extremely disappointed. I'm sad thinking about it now ;(

I felt like everything was way too spread out. To get to Rodeo Dr from our hotel (located on sunset blvd) it took a solid 25 mins and cost us about 20 bucks for the taxi drive. Even Rodeo Dr. wasn't impressive. I really REALLY wanted to see some hot girls (because I have always heard how beautiful the females are in LA and Cali in general) but I was even disappointed in that aspect. Universal Studios more than made up for it thought. San Deigo is gorgeous, same with San Fran....definitely places I could see myself living in.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

Bean sprouts in pad thai or lo mein. I don't want crunchy stuff in my soft noodles!

Beer, too. I really really hate beer. If I'm drinking beer, someone needs to get my behind home because I'm too drunk to realize I'm drinking beer.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock

Cruises! I'm so not a cruise person.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

Autumn-

haha you should have gone to the beach areas and west LA if you wanted to see hot girls. Manhattan and Hermosa Beach always have hot volleyball types or hot bikini chicks. Or the club scenes!

LA is very spread out, so unless you have a car, it's hard to get around. I always wondered what tourists DO here because I dont see the appeal. I love going to the beach when it's warm, and i love the food options. Aside from that, there is not a whole lot to see. there is extreme poverty mixed in some very nice and some very exclusive areas over almost 500 square miles, which makes it very NOT tourist-friendly.

I'm sorry you had a bad time in LA. i feel embarassed... :(

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock

I went to LA this year and felt similarly. The only incentive to go was to visit my bff before she moves back east. She lives in Redondo Beach, a few blocks from the ocean, and it was pretty nice. There honestly wasn't that much to do, but it was ok because the whole point of going was to hang out with her. I wouldn't have wanted to go as a tourist without visiting someone living there.

meresal said:
bean said:
Callisto said:

LOL, Bean, I was reading your post and thought, "Who the hecks like Cheap people and DIRTY bathrooms?!?" ;))

I should've said something closer to... People don't mind a dirty bathroom when guests that come over, and it drives me nuts.. or something?? lol

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

pickles
the beatles
yards with no flowers
tomatoes
carrots
small cars
white gold
neighborhoods
Starbucks - I got spoiled on local shops
soda
potato chips
licorice
acrylic nails
action movies
mystery novels
Nora Roberts
laying by the pool
social networking sites
turtlenecks
ham
lamb
veal
dry wine
birds (I like to watch them, but not as a pet, I am allergic)
houseguests for long periods of time :sick:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results