shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: What band width do you like the most?

Which band width do you choose?

• 1.5 mm

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 2 mm

• 2.5 mm

• 3 mm

• 3,5 mm

• 4 mm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 mm +

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oceanbeach

Shiny_Rock

Assuming you have 1ct diamond and going to choose a setting with no diamond on the side, which band width do you choose? ...and why?!

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
i would go look and see how diff. bands look with that size. :)

ps, ocean...i am hoping my UnionDiamond knife edge comes in this week!!! :) I think its 2.3 mm or something like that.

oceanbeach

Shiny_Rock
Frou Frou, yeah, I''ve been doing it, but my problem is that I''m soooo indecisive.
emcrook.gif
One day, thicker one look o.k., another day it doesn''t.... hehe..

That''s exciting!! Can''t wait to see it. : )

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like thin bands because they make the diamond look bigger. Some sort of optical illusion, I swear! It seems that diamonds in very thick bands (over 5mm) get lost in the setting to me, especially if there are side diamonds.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love a thin band too. So for a one carat stone I love a 2mm or 2.5. That way there is more emphasis on the stone than the band. But that''s just me.
2.gif

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I have a 2 mm shank on my ering and a matching wedding ring. I love the thinner bands because like others have said, it just makes the center diamond "pop". To me it''s just a daintier and more elegant look, even on my honking big hands (size 8.5). I wouldn''t want any smaller than that, though, becaue it would get lost.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
2 mm --- love a thin band and how it makes the stone pop!!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for 2.5mm because I think that is the default size in a plain tiffany-style mount (what my ring is). A thin band does make the center stand out more, but I wouldn''t want to go thinner than that in terms of comfort. While I like the look of thin pave bands (for example) I can''t stand the feel of a thinny-thin band on my finger. I''d look for the best compromise between the two.

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
I voted for 2.5mm because that would showcase the 1 ct center stone really nicely and also wouldn''t be too thin. I think it depends on the size of the finger as well. I have relatively boney fingers (size 3.75 and even smaller when I''m cold), so thicker bands looked too bulky on me. But my mom has more "fleshy" fingers, so a 3 or 4mm band looked perfect on her. It really depends on the person. Best to try some different sizes on
1.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for 2mm, but I think anything between 2-2.5mm is perfect.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I voted 3mm b/c I have icky fleshy fingers (thanks to pregnancy and childbirth!) and the slightly wider bands look better on my paws then the super thin ones.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I voted 2.5 because I do like thinner bands as well. But I must admit, having seen different rings and measured them, all 2.5mm's are not created equal! I have seen rings that are supposedly the same width (and really are, if you measure them at the widest point), but it is simply amazing how much difference other factors can make in totally changing the look of the ring, making the width look different. A flat band vs. rounded vs. knife-edge, tapered vs. non-tapered - all of the 'same width' can look totally different - and then (although this was not allowed in the poll) when you add any diamonds, again the width can look so different. I could try 3 different rings on, that, when measured, are all 2.5mm, and say, "which width do you like best?", and I bet most folks would vote, thinking they're 3 different widths, never realizing that technically there were the same, measured.

Also, I find that if you are going to wear this ring with a wedding band next to it, my width preference changes depending on the width of the wedding band. There are e-ring to w-band ratios that I like better than others. So it is almost impossible for me to answer without really trying them on - both rings at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results