• 2.) VC Lily Trilogy reset

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • 3.) something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
I'm in the process of resetting my engagement ring which is a 1.28ct (app 7mm) in either the VC Emilya setting or the VC Lily Trilogy setting. Both are beautiful which is why I'm struggling with with one to move forward with. For the trilogy it would be 1.28 center flanked by two .40 diamonds.

If you had to pick one setting which one would it be?

_35301.jpg

_35302.jpg

_35303.jpg

_35304.jpg

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
I am not a fan of three stones for an engagement ring so I voted Emiliya - so gorgeous!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Well, tell us about your style/lifestyle and wedding band?

They are both gorgeous rings so it is really about which one is more you.

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
Both are me, which is the problem! One feels more trendy while the other feels more classic.

I'm a SAH mom (for now) with a two year old boy that doesn't wear much jewelry during the week. I normally wear my jewelry on the weekends and nights out with my husband. During the week I'm usually at the gym, running errands, at play groups, etc and don't feel the need to wear my rings.

Q

Queenie60

I like the Emilya - You could add a nice pave wedding band with it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The proportions and placement of the side stones on the lily are perfect. So easy on the eye. And the triple wire is just beyond elegant and graceful, yet makes such a statement. Lily for sure...

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends, the Lily with kids and a lifestyle of bashing your hand against things is more practical than pave for every day wear, the Emilya is more blingy overall. So it depends what you want and what best suits your lifestyle.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both beautiful rings and yet they are as different as night and day. That makes the choice doubly hard!

However, it would be nice to be able to see a mock up of these two rings with a center stone sized proportionally to your center stone. I think the pictures can be a bit misleading as the center stone in both of these pictures look huge so it's hard to get a real apples to apples comparison in terms of size - know what I mean?

I think the Emilya is a gorgeous setting - tweaked to get the halo at just the right angle with a minimum of metal showing - it is just perfection in terms of a halo setting to me. I have and love a three stone ring and would probably still choose the Lily for myself over the Emilya as I prefer a plainer look for myself. I love the diamonds and plain polished metal - it just gets me every time in terms of looks and finger coverage. That's just personal preference and clearly not the choice of everyone.

I know my comments don't make your decision any easier and obviously either setting will give you a beautiful ring. I'm just throwing some thoughts out there to consider because when I'm trying to make a hard decision, I want to hear every thought everyone has so I don't overlook some point that might be very important to me down the line.

Best of luck with your decision - I'm sure you will finally decide which setting is perfect for you. I'll be eager to see the finished ring - there really is no winner or loser here!!

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
MissGotRocks the picture of the Lily three stone has a 1.5ct in the center which isn't that far off from my 1.28ct so I don't imagine the ring would look that much different. i feel pretty confident that I'd get good finger coverage with approximately 17mm across (size 5). What I can't tell is whether or not the side stones are tucked under or just angled down. If they're tucked under I'm wondering if I lose horizontal coverage.

As for the Emilya LoganSapphire has one with a center that's about the same size as mine. Of course her fingers are smaller!

Right now I'm leaning towards the Lily but I have a few questions first.
1.) what type of band could I pair it with?
2) should I have the design altered to be flush or keep as is?
3.) would adding any detailing such as pave on underside (baskets) be an option and even look good?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it is shown with a 1.51 center stone but the whole ring is greatly enlarged in the picture so you can imagine that the ring in real life will be much smaller scale than that. I don't see anything regarding the size of the side stones so not sure if the proportions are the same ratio you are considering. Just something to think about.

I think Victor said on his website that the ring could be made to be flush fit - just depends on whether or not you want a band to sit flush or if you prefer a gap between the rings. You could always have a plain band made to match - could be a straight edge band or notched to fit the ring if you don't want flush fit rings. If it is notched, it really wouldn't be a stand alone band if you ever wanted to wear the band alone.

I'm sure he could do some pave in the baskets but not sure how much of it you would see. It would certainly enhance the side view but it could also be problematic with a band if the band was tall enough to rub the small stones. Given the cost of the setting and also the cost of the side stones (he requires you to buy them from him) I would probably forego any more expense. Again, though, just a matter of personal preference.

I have paired my three stone with the Tiffany channel set band. I tried many, many bands and found that this look was the most eye pleasing to me. My rings are flush fit.

img_9874.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
livewithease|1447810411|3951040 said:
MissGotRocks the picture of the Lily three stone has a 1.5ct in the center which isn't that far off from my 1.28ct so I don't imagine the ring would look that much different. i feel pretty confident that I'd get good finger coverage with approximately 17mm across (size 5). What I can't tell is whether or not the side stones are tucked under or just angled down. If they're tucked under I'm wondering if I lose horizontal coverage.

As for the Emilya LoganSapphire has one with a center that's about the same size as mine. Of course her fingers are smaller!

Right now I'm leaning towards the Lily but I have a few questions first.
1.) what type of band could I pair it with?
2) should I have the design altered to be flush or keep as is?
3.) would adding any detailing such as pave on underside (baskets) be an option and even look good?

I don't know what I would pair it with. That is the fun of figuring out that project. Maybe have Victor do something new for you. I think a skinny single cut eternity band would be stunning.

Not sure what you mean by altering the design to have it flush.

When you look at the Lily from certain angles, the side stones look a little tucked under, but I don't think that they actually are. It is the difference in elevation of the stones that causes that. I think this is what makes the ring so beautiful to the eye. You get the bling from a three stone, yet the center stone still gets to be the star because it is set a little higher. If you look at the website, the height difference is pretty minor. And I do think that the side stones are angled down, just a tiny bit, from the pics on his website.

I think a scalloped or non-scalloped basket with pave would be gorgeous! However, I am biased b/c that is what I specifically requested for mine. Because I see the side of my ring WAY more than the top, the basket had to be beautiful and blingy. I only figured that out from wearing a ring that did not have it and a plain side view bugged me to death. Definitely a personal preference. Some people love the simple sleekness of no extra pave. Not me. And pave on the basket will not show when you view it from the top, so it doesn't make it look fussy or take away from the sleekness of the triple wire shank.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That particular Lily has a 7.4mm (1.5 ct) center and 4.4 mm sides (.33 cts). I know because I asked Victor since I have a diamond I might set in a 3 stone ring. So you are thinking of different proportions with a smaller center and larger sides. I think the Lily is unique and beautiful, yet practical at the same time.

The Emilya gives the center stone size a visual boost, but it is primarily a solitaire look. I kind of prefer a solitaire for an e-ring, but on the other hand, I think a 3 stone gives nice finger coverage and it's probably easier to keep clean.

If there is any chance you'll ever get an upgrade e-ring for an anniversary or something, then I'd for sure set this stone in a 3 stone because you can easily wear it on your right hand (ask Victor if it can be sized). Otherwise, flip a coin if you love both. Both are beautiful!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1447812602|3951058 said:
Yes, it is shown with a 1.51 center stone but the whole ring is greatly enlarged in the picture so you can imagine that the ring in real life will be much smaller scale than that. I don't see anything regarding the size of the side stones so not sure if the proportions are the same ratio you are considering. Just something to think about.

I think Victor said on his website that the ring could be made to be flush fit - just depends on whether or not you want a band to sit flush or if you prefer a gap between the rings. You could always have a plain band made to match - could be a straight edge band or notched to fit the ring if you don't want flush fit rings. If it is notched, it really wouldn't be a stand alone band if you ever wanted to wear the band alone.

I'm sure he could do some pave in the baskets but not sure how much of it you would see. It would certainly enhance the side view but it could also be problematic with a band if the band was tall enough to rub the small stones. Given the cost of the setting and also the cost of the side stones (he requires you to buy them from him) I would probably forego any more expense. Again, though, just a matter of personal preference.

I have paired my three stone with the Tiffany channel set band. I tried many, many bands and found that this look was the most eye pleasing to me. My rings are flush fit.

MGR, your 3-stone is just stunning. STUNNING. I love it. I really do. I have been thinking about a three stone too, after seeing VC's Lily... Sorry. Thread jack over.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1447822408|3951128 said:
MissGotRocks|1447812602|3951058 said:

MGR, your 3-stone is just stunning. STUNNING. I love it. I really do. I have been thinking about a three stone too, after seeing VC's Lily... Sorry. Thread jack over.

Thanks LLJ - I have enjoyed wearing it!! The Lily is a superb rendition of a three stone!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I've been lucky enough to see and try on Miss Got Rocks' three stone; it is sheer perfection.

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
I couldn't agree more that Miss Got Rock's three stone is amazing!

I realize the specifications of the example online is slightly different but overall the mm size is about the same and the ring online is meant doe a size 5.5 where my hand is 4.75/5. I realize the difference in size between my center stone and stone sides will be less but I still think it will be noticeable.

Ring on the VC website - 1.5ct (7.4mm) flanked with 2x .33's (4.6mm)
My potential ring - 1.28ct (6.95mm) flanked with 2x .40's (4.8mm)

Both average out to be about 16.5mm across. Don't get me wrong I'd love a bigger center stone and if I could trade it in easily for a 1.5ct or bigger I'd be one happy girl but I don't see that happening. My husband purchased the diamond in the diamond district in NYC so I wouldn't even know how to sell it without losing $$.

I am a little surprised to see the poll results so far considering all I see on PS is pages of beautiful Emilya rings.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For size reference, my two side stones are .33 each as well and my center stone is larger than the 1.5. You can see the size of them in my picture vs. the size of the ones in the Lily - that's what I am referring to when I say the picture is large and out of scale. I think the size of your stones will make a beautiful three stone ring though.

I doubt there is a person on PS that wouldn't say they think the Emilya is a gorgeous ring - many have had the same ring made for themselves. For the folks that don't prefer a halo, a three stone ring is another great way to enhance a center stone. The Lily is a beautiful rendition of a three stone ring and because so many value Victor Canera's work, I'm not surprised that it has gotten so many votes. You just can't go wrong with either setting - it's just a matter of deciding which one speaks most to you!!

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
Have you tried on halos and three stones? If you can't get to VC in person, any others will do. Ones you can find locally won't be as elegant as VC's, but you should get a sense of which you prefer on your hand.

I say this because I was *sure* I wanted a halo before I tried them on. I think they are lovely on other people, but it turns out I hate them on me!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a fan of halos.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
FightGravity said:
I say this because I was *sure* I wanted a halo before I tried them on. I think they are lovely on other people, but it turns out I hate them on me!

Same here. I love love love halos especially on PS and was so sure that is what I wanted ( some day I still feel that way when I see a beautiful halo on PS) but in real life I do not like it. It is just too busy for me.... but they are just soo beautiful. You should go try some out and see which style you prefer.

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
MissGotRocks I think I'm struggling because I can't find any real life pictures of the Lily. It would really help to see a visual of the ring on someone's finger. I think that would help me make my final decision. Maybe that's something I can request.

My husband prefers a halo over a three stone but wants to see me get what I love. Both styles styles appeal to me for different reasons and I just need to figure out what's more important.

I did confirm that the side stones are slightly tucked under the center stone and that pave could be added to the basket if that's something I wanted. The ring can be made flush by removing the donuts but I'm not sure I would want that. I kinda like the donuts and don't mind having a small gap if I wear a band.

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
My ring now is a halo and I purchased a CZ solitare and three stone which I've been wearing around the house. I want to love my halo now but every time I put it on there's something that bothers me and the more I look at it the more I think the halo takes away from the diamond. While in some light it looks beautiful in other light it just looks plain busy to me. Plus, I have a cushion shaped halo with a RB and I've discovered that I don't care for that shape on my finger. If a stone is round it should be in a round halo in my opinion vs trying to be something it's not. I guess I just wonder if the Emilya is really the perfect halo that would somehow address all my issues with halo settings.

The CZ solitare is nice but too boring for me taste or maybe the stone is just too small to be on its own. If I never had a halo I might feel differently.

The CZ three stone is slightly different proportions (.46, 1ct, .46 ct.) and clearly the setting is nothing like the one I'm considering. The three stone does give good finger coverage and seems to have a presence on my finger but I wonder if I will get bored. The clean shank is super comfortable and feels like it would be more practical/durable long term. Everywhere I go I only see halos which makes me question a three stone but also makes me want something different. This is why I landed on the Lily. If I'm going to make the change I want it to be unique and feel elegant vs something that's totally generic and feels stock.

One last thought, my original thinking was I could replace my diamond in my halo with a gemstone so I didn't completely lose that style of ring and just wear it occasionally as a RHR. I just don't know if it looks odd to have a three stone on your LH and a halo on your RH. Shouldn't it be the opposite or am I totally overthinking this???

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
or am I totally overthinking this???

Yes you are =)

I suggest you get a few more cheap rings in different styles and test drive them a little longer before you spend money on the re-do to get a fel for what you really want and are comfortable with

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sphene|1447921191|3951635 said:
or am I totally overthinking this???

Yes you are =)

I suggest you get a few more cheap rings in different styles and test drive them a little longer before you spend money on the re-do to get a fel for what you really want and are comfortable with

I ditto this. get cz ring around the same size of your stone in halo style, and a 3 stone cz ring around size you are thinking of, and wear them around. After awhile you should be able to decide which one suites you better.

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
I definitely don't think it's weird at all to have a 3 stone on one hand and halo on the other. Pavé on the baskets could be lovely, but really you are the only one who will see it!

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
I have been wearing my CZ three stone and loving the comfort of the plain band and horizontal coverage that the ring provides. if I compare it to my current ring which is a halo I think they give off the same sparkle just in different ways. The three stone is definitely the more practical decision and would withstand many years of wear while the halo would need to be babied a bit more. I'm never one to wear my rings at home, to the gym or even during the day when I'm running errands and tend to only wear my rings on the weekends, holidays or evenings out.

I think my hesitation with the halo is that I've had problems with my current one which ERD created and I fear the same thing would occur. I know cast vs hand forged is very different and results in a stronger setting but I can't help but be a bit nervous. My current setting has miligrain as well which I know adds another level of delicacy which clearly isn't an issue with the Emilya. Within months of owning the ring stones fell out and the miligrain wore down in spots and every time I look at the ring all I see is its imperfections. I've had it fixed but it still bothers me and I don't feel comfortable wearing it.

I feel like I can't go wrong with either setting and just need to make a decision and move forward.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results