• G

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • H

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1321567543|3063969 said:
Yay for SO getting exactly what he wants! That's a sign of a great partner (in something like this)...if he wanted to jump off of a bridge without a rope and you said "go for it", that's another story, but in this case, he's a lucky guy! ;-) (I'm just trying to make sure that you and anyone else who reads this doesn't assume that my idea of a great partner is one who says "yes" to me no matter what)!

LOL! :bigsmile:

I trust you're enjoying your new ring. It's gorgeous! :))

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
asscherisme|1321595342|3064272 said:
Imdanny|1321536134|3063655 said:
Addy|1321480302|3063181 said:
I voted F. It's a safe colour. Not something I'd buy for me, but if he really likes white diamonds, get them very white!

I told him PS voted for F and he's getting F. He's thrilled!

This has been a very productive thread for me. Thanks again, everyone!

He is happy and thats what counts :)

Have fun shopping!!!

I was in home depot tonight and the sales guy that was helping me had a small but super sparkly stud in his ear. It was distracting me :bigsmile: I think he caught me glancing at his ear. It was probably about the same size you are going to buy and proof that small can be a statement! I'm sure the diamonds you are going to pick out will be fantastic. You will need to post pics.

Thanks! :))

Honestly, the trend where I live (Hawaii) is for men to wear HUGE and FAKE diamonds, and 2. 2 will look great on SO, but if it were me I'd wear 1, just personal preference. I think it's that whole "never heard of PS" thing here. I think the huge, dull "diamonds" are just duds. Myself, I can't see the point in not having diamonds that are great cut in this day and age. SO could get away with bigger but he insists on .5 ctw. I have a strong preference for quality and fineness in jewelry. He and I are on the same page about this.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
marcy|1321588088|3064203 said:
Yay for F diamond studs. :appl:

Yes! This has been interesting. I didn't know what to think when I started this thread but now that I've decided the answer as to what to get for him seems obvious. I'm thinking I might actually like D, E, F, M, N, O, and light yellow. I'm starting to think I actually do like white, and I know I like warmth, and light yellow. No color would really bother me, though. Certain clarities definitely do, but clarity is a big mind clean issue for me. Color, not so much. :))

BTW, Deb, I think you might not have looked at the prices of .25's lately. :o I've been given a quote for over $600 a piece for F VS2. Apparently, the metal is going to be about 1/5 of the price. I'm still shopping around because for the quote, I really would be more comfortable if I could have the VS1's I want. I'm not saying I won't accept the quote. I'm just saying lots of places sell studs and I need to see what else is available. I don't know if .25's seem small to you but the quote was between $1,600 and $1,700! I should have done this a year and a half ago! :saint:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1321610492|3064324 said:
BTW, Deb, I think you might not have looked at the prices of .25's lately. :o I've been given a quote for over $600 a piece for F VS2. Apparently, the metal is going to be about 1/5 of the price. I'm still shopping around because for the quote, I really would be more comfortable if I could have the VS1's I want. I'm not saying I won't accept the quote. I'm just saying lots of places sell studs and I need to see what else is available. I don't know if .25's seem small to you but the quote was between $1,600 and $1,700! I should have done this a year and a half ago! :saint:

I think you are right that I was off the beam about the metal versus the diamond cost ratio, but not for the reason you think. I am just not used to thinking of studs! Studs use so little metal, you see! Most of my earrings are "heavy metal" if you will pardon the pun. They are not only high karat gold, but there is a lot of gold in them! The gold is there as part of the design. I'm sorry if I gave you a bum steer!

Deb
:read:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
No worries. :))

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say the F's. I prefer icy white and tend to be coor sensitive. I can see a tint in I for sure. I say go with F as having them "white" it a big deal for him and you already know that he wants .5cttw so there is no reason for going lower to go up in carat as you have a carat cap. You said you dont give him gifts often- so make this one a really special one and get him the colorless :bigsmile:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, I guess my above post was late to the party! lol, glad to see you went with the F's.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results