shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: Next setting project, hot pink, violet or green?

What project should Freke do next?

• Hot pink Mahenge and diamond ring

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Violet spinel three stone

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Tsavorite and diamond ring

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I voted for the hot pink because I really love the stone combination you showed initially but had I seen the diamonds along with the tsav then I would have voted for that! I want to change my vote to GREEN!!!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1361287838|3384242 said:
Well I voted for the hot pink because I really love the stone combination you showed initially but had I seen the diamonds along with the tsav then I would have voted for that! I want to change my vote to GREEN!!!!!

Freke says you can, so change away! :))

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, you should be able to change it.

Well, violet is winning by a large margin, and I'm leaning one way at this point. Should I post my choice (hoping to decide by tomorrow), or should I just post it when it's complete?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't continue to kill us with the suspense. :nono: :bigsmile:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please say it's the green. I have mine on today to help influence the decision. :naughty: :bigsmile: PS, I did change my vote.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have great faith that before I blink, you will have set them all, so I say choose whatever suits your fancy ( :Up_to_something: I know you will anyway, lol!)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spinels because you have nothing like it and its unique.

Second choice is green goblin BUT since you have all the components, this could be an anytime project. It's also a more amped up version of the current setting so not likely to give you the "ooooooooooooooooooooh precious" feeling as a completely different project might!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm hoping that I can get all three set by May, but we shall see if that comes to fruition or not.

Maybe I should just make everyone wait until the CADs come in.... :devil: :devil: :devil:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you made a decision, Freke? Are you swayed by the votes or going with your heart?? ;))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1361338322|3385099 said:
I'm hoping that I can get all three set by May, but we shall see if that comes to fruition or not.

Maybe I should just make everyone wait until the CADs come in.... :devil: :devil: :devil:

...and you might just be bombarded with emails if you did :evil: :evil: :evil: :bigsmile:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1361364359|3385221 said:
Have you made a decision, Freke? Are you swayed by the votes or going with your heart?? ;))
I have! The stones are on their way to Massachusetts right now actually!

And I'm going with my heart...but in a different way than you probably mean!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1361392269|3385549 said:
FrekeChild|1361338322|3385099 said:

...and you might just be bombarded with emails if you did :evil: :evil: :evil: :bigsmile:
Bring it MB!

I think it would only be a couple of weeks until CADs would be with us... :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Just sayin'!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, so my gut was telling me to go with violet, because I am really anxious to see them put together and on my finger already. I've literally had these stones for years now, and they are dying to be set! Not to mention I currently do not have a purple ering. I know, the horrors. :o :wink2: This project is actually the most expensive of them. I have made lots of sketches, and saved lots of inspiration pictures but have not quite decided on one particular profile view for these three stones.

I actually have not had the spinels and diamond that long, but I collected them with this purpose in mind. This one is by far the cheapest project of them, being in silver and all. I don't have a hot pink ring in my collection at the moment either (I haven't ever had one actually). I really love the contrast between the hot pink and the white diamond. Because the color jumps out, I want the setting to be rather subdued.

And the tsavorite. It is currently loose, the old setting was sold to a friend. I've had the tsavorite for years, but I never wore it in the old setting. It was one of my small collection of baguette settings with round centers. I love green with white diamonds, and I don't think the baguettes were enough to help the tsav pop, and I really want to do the stone justice, and I want to bling it out.

So, the winner is....
Tsavorite. It IS the year of green after all. The deciding factor, since I want all three of them set YESTERDAY already, was my husband. I showed him the three, and he said that he thought this one should be set. I always ask my poor husband what stone I should set, and I've never ever gone along with his choice. I figured I'd give the poor guy a break! If it were up to him, my red spinel eternity band would have been set three years ago! Not to mention I named the stone The Green Goblin in honor of him (comic book nerd), and he said that this stone was the "brightest", although I think he meant "most vibrant".

So, I'll post the CADs as soon as I get them!

tsavorite_setting_idea2.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the CADs and the final ring.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Era: somehow missed page two of this thread when I posted! Lol

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!! I love the design. Very fitting for the "year of emerald" (we'll just say green).

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wonderful!! I agree - go with the year of the Emerald colour... why not??? And yippee for your DH - finally getting one that he wanted!!
Eagerly anticipating the CADs!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It will be so gorgeous! I can't wait to see the CADS. DanielM?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I think you should sell that green thing. :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo! The green snake rears its head for a victory fanfare. :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you, Freke! I know the reality is that before I blink again, you will have had all three made. Pretty impressive, given that you design all these yourself.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so excited! I haven't had anything made for a while, just been setting things into secondhand settings, so I'm excited to see my ideas come to life again!

Rosebloom|1361421398|3386107 said:
It will be so gorgeous! I can't wait to see the CADS. DanielM?
Yup! Daniel M. They have yet to do me wrong and they are such lovely people to work with!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1361421576|3386110 said:
I think you should sell that green thing. :naughty:
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
You'd like that too much VL.
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1361421804|3386111 said:
Woohoo! The green snake rears its head for a victory fanfare. :appl:
Lol. The Green Goblin from the House of Slytherin? Muahahahahaha!!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1361422331|3386118 said:
Good for you, Freke! I know the reality is that before I blink again, you will have had all three made. Pretty impressive, given that you design all these yourself.
Thanks M! I get lots of feedback though! And tons of inspiration. I kind of wish I was more ok with stock settings - more things would be set by now!

Sakag

Rough_Rock
Daniel M will work off sketches?!? :shock: :love: :shock:

I'm DOOOOOOOOMED. :twirl:

(And even though I still really want to see the Triple Purple Spinel, I can't wait to see your Green Goblin CADs, Freke! )

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sakag

Rough_Rock
Ohhhhhhhh...... :love:

Freke, you win the internets.
I'll just stand here at the back of the line with everyone else who wants your shineys.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sakag|1361431264|3386219 said:
Ohhhhhhhh...... :love:

Freke, you win the internets.
I'll just stand here at the back of the line with everyone else who wants your shineys.
Lol! You're so sweet! I tend to think my collection is kind of paltry compared to some on here! Some of the pieces here belong in museums (Chrono, I'm looking at you!)

Seriously, approach DM with your sketches! They do a fantastic job!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness! You have the prettiest stones. I can't wait to see all three jewels. Please just go work a little overtime and set all of them at once. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results