shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: how happy are you really with your e-ring?

How happy are you with your ring? Be honest ;)

• I absolutely love everything about it!!

Votes: 76 44.2%
  • I love it, but wish the diamond were bigger!

Votes: 38 22.1%
  • Love my setting but unhappy with diamond

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Love my diamond but unhappy with setting

Votes: 19 11.0%
  • It's pretty but not what I really wanted

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • I don't like my ring at all

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 17 9.9%

• Total voters

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are there some elements of your e-ring that make you unhappy? Do you covet a different center stone shape or want a different setting? I'm curious so I created a little poll. Will be interesting to see your answers! :) Thanks for participating.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted that I love it and am totally happy with it, because I am! Of course I wouldn't mind being gifted several other e-rings to mix it up with. ;)) I seriously considered upgrading last year when diamond prices were really low, but I couldn't do it because I really love everything about my ring. I actually don't see myself dropping $ for another significant diamond unless I get a huge bonus or something.

That's the bonus of picking out your e-ring yourself-no regrets!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted "other". I am very happy now that I sold it :Up_to_something: Before, I would have chosen one of the not quite happy want a change options.

Now I wear stand alone bands mostly.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I really don't like mine. And the further I go into this reset the more I wonder if I shouldn't just save my money, put the stone to the back of the jewellery box, double the payments I make to my jewellery fund and hold my nerve for a while so that I can start over. The worst part is - I chose it!! It was a replacement for my ring that I lost and is a true lesson in why its better to think things through properly.

Thank goodness for my transition cut, if it weren't for that I would be flouncing around in a terrible mood :lol:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
after many many many many expensive resets, upgrades, diamond shape change... I can honestly say I am super happy with my e-ring (i've waiting 6 months to say this, usually within one - two months I can tell whether I am content or not)... I don't have the itch to upgrade to another size stone or any other setting. I visit my local jeweler that made the ring, and they made two of the setting (one for a round but haloed) and for an asscher set in white gold and I am still drawn to my setting (sitting in the case) every single time I walk in there.

Anyways, now i'm on my wedding band quest again :wacko: choosing a new one since I initially stated that the difference in gold color wasnt going to bug me but its really really bothering me :sick:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is laden with a little bit too much negative emotion, but I do love the stone despite being sad that I had to lose my other one to have it. But the reset that was necessary after poor workmanship on the resize done locally and the 6 months of drama that surrounded the reset really soured me on it. But I like it now that it's mostly perfect. I would like to have this stone a little larger ;-) but that will be an impossibility for a LONG time. My wedding band is another thorn in my side right now, and hopefully that will be settled shortly also.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Very happy. I have an inherited Solesfera coming my way next month as well as finally having the funds to remake my channel wedding band that was severely compromised by a jeweler last year. I am so excited for October to be here!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remain deliciously, estatically happy with mine at about six years in. Hopefully forever! I had a fresh gush of aesthetic admiration of it recently when I spied an extremely similar 2ct Cartier asscher ring from the '30s on an antique jewelry site. Mine's just "antique style" both in stone & setting ... so it was thrilling and gratifying to see the genuine GORGEOUS article be so CLOSE to what we selected on our own. My 1.5 ct stone has even been looking a little larger to me lately because I lost some weight over the spring & summer. Less finger pudge = more bling impact! Huzzah!

http://jewelry.1stdibs.com/jewelry_item_detail.php?id=44999

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted love it, but wish the diamond was bigger - and I feel like a bit of a spoiled brat for admitting that. (but, at the same time, it feels kinda good to admit it, ya know?) I received a 1 carat stone 2 years ago for my 25th, after years of wearing either .33 carat or nothing. Ugh, you'd think I'd be grateful for having a 1 carat after all these years. Here's the thing: most of the time I AM very grateful and happy with the size of my stone - it's really a nice size for my lifestyle. But every once in a while, DSS pays me a visit - and when I see a 1.25 to 1.50 stone, I do get a pang of "I wish my stone were that size"

I had a really bad spell a week ago, to the point where I was seriously considering a break from PS - I felt like I was sort of torturing myself! But the feeling has passed, and I'm in a better place. But I do get DSS on occasion, so thought I'd be honest in the poll. I do love my set, though - when I glance down and see it on my hand, I think "ooh, pretty".

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I voted "pretty but not what I really wanted" because...well...that's exactly true. I'm not a big fan of my e-ring on its own, but I'm actually very, very fond of my set. The e-ring just doesn't have enough presence or personality without the wedding band.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't wear one right now, just a band and a colored stone ring I had made a few months ago. I'm selling everything else to fund/save for a 5 stone AVC band for my engagement ring-for keeps forever this time!

Joolz

Rough_Rock
I wouldn't be here if I was! I helped pick out the stone and the setting. I don't care for the craftsmanship on the setting and my love affair with round stones is over. I found PS while researching for a 10 year upgrade.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my ring but I wish the stones were bigger (specifically, the pear sides). I regret going with the smaller sized, thinner side stones rather than another pair we saw, but I don't think we'll be doing anything about it for quite some time. I LOVE the trellis setting though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted other. I love my ring but I would have no hesitation to change it if I fell in love with another and our finances allowed for me to do so (which they do not). My mind frequently changes as to what I want and there are times I am totally in love with my ER (as in love with a thing one can be that is) but there are times I think I would just love an emerald cut ER or OMC ER. But my thoughts change about this so I guess that's just the way I am and maybe I would always vacillate. I mean, I have jewelry that when I originally bought it I was crazy about it and as time went on I became more crazy about other pieces and less about those so maybe that's just the way I am. Though there is one piece of jewelry (black opal diamond ring from Lightning Ridge that my dad bought for my mom at Cartier in 1972 and she gave to me years ago) that I own that I am just as gaga crazy over today as I was all those years ago so not sure LOL. I definitely owe you guys pics of my black opal.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted that I absolutely love everything about it. I'm currently wearing an upgrade.

If I was still wearing my original e-ring, I would have voted "other" because I loved it, but it isn't exactly me. I loved my original stone, and I loved my original setting, but it was a bit too modern for me with the shared-prong band.

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
Love my stone and my setting. While I won't ever part with it, I certainly wouldn't complain if it were a little bigger :wink2: Maybe for a big anniversary, I'll get a bigger RHR.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Over my many years, I've seen countless rings that took my breath away; so many that I thought were aesthetically way more pleasing than mine.

But none I've wanted more than what's on my finger. I just don't get sick of it. It's inherently wearable and very me. I always say it's simple, tough, industrial, and no nonsense and suits me to a T. I have not been tempted to reset. I have a couple of other more feminine rings, and while I they are pretty and I enjoy wearing them, they don't look quite right on my hand.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It varies. I thought I was buying a transitional cut diamond, but ended up with a traditional round brilliant. It's not great by PS standards. I spent the first couple of years being terribly unhappy with it, but 7 years later I simply don't care. It's pretty and it sparkles. I have other rings so I often wear a plain palladium band, or an antique ring, or a smaller OEC. I think variety is it for me. If I could go back in time with the knowledge I have now I'd choose a different ring. But I've already spent years dwelling on that and it didn't help me or the giver of the ring.

It's pretty, nice, and lovely. And it's just a ring.

KA

Shiny_Rock
I voted other, since it is difficult to describe my feelings for it, and I blame pricescope. There are so many cool things here. I am not a ring person (this is the first one I have owned, really), but I love so much stuff that people have here.

I picked it out, and I love it. But I think I may have picked out something else if I had more time. Before I got engaged, I knew nothing about diamonds. Once we got engaged, I started researching, but fiance was impatient for me to get a ring so we could announce the engagement. Since all I had ever seen were rounds and princesses (and I don't like princesses), I got a round (in an amazing setting). But I feel like if I had a couple of months to think about it and look about, I may have gotten an antique cut or an AVC or AVR. Also, since I hadn't seen many diamonds, we played it safe and got 0.9 F VS2. But I think I am not very color sensitive and should probably have picked out an H or an I, and a larger diamond. The diamond looks plenty big enough to me, and suits my lifestyle, I just feel like it would have been better value to get slightly lower color and clarity, since I wouldn't have noticed the difference.

On the other hand, someone recently guessed my diamond to be a carat and a half! It doesn't have a particularly big spread, and this person clearly didn't know what they were talking about, but it still made my day :).

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I adore my ring. I picked it out with my husband-to-be beside me, I have thousands of happy memories of being mesmerized by it, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. The degree to which I love my ring is the reason that I advocate so hard for women being involved in choosing their rings ....

That said, if I'd known in advance how much I loved SBF, I might have gone for the exact same ring and an identical stone ... that glowed once in a while. But, hey! That's what the other 9 fingers are for. :devil:

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I voted other, too. I adore my ring, love my stone, love the setting in general, but did not mean for parts of the setting to end up so thick, and sometimes it makes me crazy. That said, when I see the side view of my ring, I get a little fluttery, every time.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Laila619|1317150671|3027077 said:
Are there some elements of your e-ring that make you unhappy? Do you covet a different center stone shape or want a different setting? I'm curious so I created a little poll. Will be interesting to see your answers! :) Thanks for participating.

Hey, Laila - would you say more on which aspects of the issue made you curious?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted I love my ring. I really like the versatility of a solitaire ring and I am very happy with my diamond.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love, love, love it... but.... it's not the original pre-pricescope ring... it's the new diamond (upgrade) new setting... reset... post-pricescope... SO... no sure how to answer that question. Love the ring on my finger...

I help my fiance' pick it out.. but when we learned about EGL stones and the stone was apprasied and was found to be one clarity grade lower and two color grades lower.. so began the journey :read: to Happiness...... :appl:

I <3 PS

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm thrilled. Love mine and I can't imagine a better setting for my stone, or owning a different stone for my engagement ring.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love reading all your replies, keep 'em coming! I'm sad for those who picked 'I don't like my ring.' I've been there before and it feels awful. I sure hope you can get something you love eventually!

Circe, I was just curious in general. :)) I wanted to know if some PSers were secretly unhappy with their rings.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1317154977|3027152 said:
I don't wear one right now, just a band and a colored stone ring I had made a few months ago. I'm selling everything else to fund/save for a 5 stone AVC band for my engagement ring-for keeps forever this time!

Sounds amazing, Packrat!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I really love my ring, but I voted that I wish the stone was bigger. I like bling! My ring is a great size and I love everything about the setting. I was able to stay within budget (which was pretty big relative to our station in life but we had a unique financial situation that made it possible)...although in a perfect world, my center stone would be a little bigger. However, I don't see myself upgrading in the future...I just plan to add to my collection for occasions in the future.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I like my stone, but sometimes I wish my setting was more ornate or dainty (like someting from singlestone), to better showcase my stone. I go back and forth on whether I'd like a larger stone, but my .77 is actually fairly large for my area.

Sometimes I wonder about what a different cut would look like. Really I think I just need several different types/styles of erings to switch up... one day when I have money...

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
HopeDream|1317177538|3027527 said:
Sometimes I wonder about what a different cut would look like

Agreed! I LOVE my ring but do feel that it would be nice to have a different cut now and again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results