• With band- thick or thin?

Votes: 26 32.1%
  • Without?

Votes: 55 67.9%

• Total voters

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks perfect now and I like the thick band for bling days!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @nala . I think as of now I will leave it. Really be sure before I go cutting them down. The bezels look a lot thinner in person, so did his inspiration ring. I always thought I wanted thinner until I saw his and realized how much bigger the bezels look in person. And with no bezels I think all diamonds would just blend together with no pop.
Both bands are going back for now. I can’t make up my mind and my EC just stands out more when alone:)

BMI

Shiny_Rock
Yes. If I absolutely didn’t love it as is. That’s what I would do. Maybe also make the bezel thinner?

Your ring is amazing and I think the traps are the perfect size with your gorgeous center stone. I agree, in pictures the bezel around the traps appears to be quite a bit thicker than the bezels around the outer stones and I would perhaps try thinning that out before switching any stones.
And I voted for no band, I definitely think it looks more elegant all by itself. Such beautiful diamonds! :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Note... small band of the 2 does look better but from a distance you can’t even tell it has diamonds, looks like a thin band of white gold :twisted2:

That’s what I like about it. You cAn see it. That is what would matter to me if I were wearing it.

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
3AEFBE5C-DB5A-4929-8EF3-58856D678656.jpeg 00CA0157-3DB5-4859-BC8E-DB4DA907CA6C.jpeg C8BF416C-68E3-41E7-85F6-1400445EAB11.jpeg
I got 2 bands in ... one- 2.8mm the other 1.8mm. I actually think I like my ring alone. Small band looks better but can hardly see the diamonds. Looks like a plain white gold band from a distance. Thoughts?

I vote for no band. Your ring looks better on its own or use a plain band if you want for marriage.

david b

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Stunning ring!
As for the wedding band, here you have to choose for yourself according to your taste and guts feeling.
Eventually it is you who will have to see it every day.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone!! I think I will leave everything as is for now. Down the line, if I want a change, I may remove the bezel and just have a 5 stone setting. But the bezel does an Art Deco, edgy look that’s cool for now:) but I can totally see changing it one day.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! I am more of a minimalist. Your ring is so beautiful that I would do a very dainty (thin as possible diamond band). It doesn’t have to be a baguette one (which is beautiful, btw). I personally love a dainty pave band. Whatever you decide- you can’t go wrong- bc your ring is so gorg!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
I think if you want to have a “wedding” type band look, go for something like Tiffany and co milgrain IMG_0096.JPG _38686.jpg wedder. I wore this with my pear halo and it just gave it such a vintage gorgeous look without taking away from my ering. I wanted to wear a wedding band

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I love your EC ring alone the most. And, I understand and also feel like a band is needed next to this ring.

I really like the look of the thicker eternity with one notable exception: I would consider having less (thinner) metal showing? I think with a thinner/smaller amount of metal showing on the eternity makes the set flow better. Currently, the thicker band seems to be overpowered by the metal that is showing. does that make sense?

another thought....would you consider a plain wedder- ie not eternity? i would need to look at a plain wedder next to your EC to see how the set works. The style would be like how laurenk has a plain wedder with her pear halo.

Nice dilemma and definitely worth polling!!! :)

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DA8D6911-C1AD-4887-8D25-42D25853D106.png 84057599-B29B-4554-80D5-744F5CDA1A34.png Thanks all! I sent the two bands back, I wasn’t sure and the quality wasn’t great. I think I will order this thin one from Etsy, appears to be better quality and I do really like thin better. And it won’t break the bank if I don’t wear it much:lol:
@gregchang35 so you like the ring alone or with a band? A little confused. And yes... the bigger one had too much metal.
@laurenk yours looks beautiful as is! I have a plain band and just does not look good with my EC!

Here is the other 1.8 mm band I will probably order

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, @Emeraldsaremyfavorite! I don't know how I missed this thread! I voted for wearing your EC alone, but I actually liked the thicker band better than the thinner...maybe because the channel setting looked to me like it matched the bezel around your traps (I see I'm not in the majority here!). But I read that you've sent it back already. I thought it was a nice balance for the days when you wanted the wedding band/engagement ring combo and I think if you're buying a diamond band, you should see the stones.
I do think that your beautiful ring can stand alone and make a big statement by itself, so I think you made the right decision.
I have a very thin pave' band from Tiffany that I've worn a few times with my EC and I do like the feeling of the weight on my finger with the two bands. But I much prefer the look of the baguettes next to the EC! I'll keep watching to see what you decide to do! And I'm so happy that you're in love with your stone - it is GORGEOUS!!! :)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Emeraldsaremyfavorite sorry if I wasn't clear. I love your EC ring on its own.
I also love it with a band. a thicker band with less metal. however, now that i have seen the one on etsy that you posted.... i love that, too. What I was trying to convey about my aesthetic in your case is: thinner/ less metal works best with the set.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Blingalingaling thanks for the thoughts! I like your ring the most alone, for sure! I mentioned earlier all the celebrities with your size EC wear their’s alone.... Melania Trump, Amal Clooney...etc. I think it’s just so classic and understated yet with a huge rock:lol: Mine is half the size so I’m not sure whether I will add a band yet, if so probably thin as to not take away from my main stone:)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like a band with an engagement ring unless the diamond is very huge, which Amal's and Melania's are. I think the baguette bands are beautiful, but I'd definitely get a high quality one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results