• With band- thick or thin?

Votes: 26 32.1%
  • Without?

Votes: 55 67.9%

• Total voters

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
3AEFBE5C-DB5A-4929-8EF3-58856D678656.jpeg 00CA0157-3DB5-4859-BC8E-DB4DA907CA6C.jpeg C8BF416C-68E3-41E7-85F6-1400445EAB11.jpeg
I got 2 bands in ... one- 2.8mm the other 1.8mm. I actually think I like my ring alone. Small band looks better but can hardly see the diamonds. Looks like a plain white gold band from a distance. Thoughts?

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Get one. Wear it when you feel the need to pile on! (we all get a little of that...)

But both rings are great, alone.

cheers--Sharon

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote thin band...like it ALL 3 ways though!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like your emerald alone the best but your baguette bands are gorgeous so you can’t go wrong wearing them thick or thin..:love:

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Note... small band of the 2 does look better but from a distance you can’t even tell it has diamonds, looks like a thin band of white gold :twisted2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Note... small band of the 2 does look better but from a distance you can’t even tell it has diamonds, looks like a thin band of white gold :twisted2:
Bling out with the thicker one then! :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I like thin.

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
All kidding aside..I do think the thin band looks better with your gorgeous emerald..

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
I think the thin baguette band looks best with your 5 stone ring. :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oww, I would get the thicker band. Love the bold and rich look with your stunning ring. I also love your ring as a standalone and since it’s equal, I did not vote.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, the main ring is lovely and substantial on its own. Thanks for sharing. :love:

And I don't like the look of the gaps between the band and the ring.

Just my personal preferences.

DK :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks fantastic on its own =)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for love it best on its own but the bands also look beautiful and can hold their own by themselves if you choose to wear it on your other hand. I think all the combos look wonderful. But if I have to choose just one I like the emerald cut ring by itself the best.

FWIW to address gap vs no gap: I also love a gap between the ER and the WB. The gap allows each piece attention and separation and is super pleasing aesthetically speaking to my eyes. Vs when all the rings touch and it looks like one big piece instead of distinct and separate.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone so much! I have worn both a lot. A band definitely detracts from all the details of the ring but adds a little balance. I also googled celebrities with emerald cuts and it seems that they all wear their ECs alone as they are substantial enough to hold their own. So that might be the classiest look? Amal Clooney, Melania Trump, Angelina Jolie etc... all just a big fat EC!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are intent on wearing a band then thinner is better imo.
I LOVE it alone! It is so elegant and sophisticated and large (in a very good way) that pairing a band is distracting and competes. Trust me, your ring says “very married!” :wavey:

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Bonfire lol! I was always thinking I needed to have an actual wedding band for “marriage” and balance but I really do see large ECs just alone. Sometimes they look good with bands, but it’s just not complementing mine and I can’t figure out why. I think if I just had baguettes on the side it might look better. Thank you for chiming in!

I’m still in touch with Mark... if at any point I want my traps smaller he will do it, so happy! I still think they are a bit too large but just don’t have the energy or time right now to re do it.

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
I agree with you that your EC alone is very classy and, to my eye, clean and sleek looking. I don’t wear a separate wedding band, just my e ring but I have bands I occasionally wear instead of my e ring for those times the e ring needs to relax at home. Band wise, I vote for the thin one. It’s is subtle and beautiful.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I voted thin band. I think even a thin 2mm plain band would be nice too. :) Honestly, that ring is gorgeous either alone or with a band, it's always going to look good. LOL :love:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m still in touch with Mark... if at any point I want my traps smaller he will do it, so happy! I still think they are a bit too large but just don’t have the energy or time right now to re do it.

That’s great that Mark is willing to do what’s necessary to make you happy.
So now that you’ve been wearing it for a few weeks, if you still aren’t quite there yet with the size of the traps and he’s willing to size them down, do it!
Get exactly what you want so that every time you look at it you are completely in love, not thinking, “if only the traps were a wee bit smaller”...

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s great that Mark is willing to do what’s necessary to make you happy.
So now that you’ve been wearing it for a few weeks, if you still aren’t quite there yet with the size of the traps and he’s willing to size them down, do it!
Get exactly what you want so that every time you look at it you are completely in love, not thinking, “if only the traps were a wee bit smaller”...
I know what you mean, this ring has been such an investment and I want it to be EXACTLY what I want! What are your thoughts, traps still too big? When the time comes I will post another poll:roll

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it with the thinner band! I think it really compliments your ering and the look is even more stunning than alone.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know what you mean, this ring has been such an investment and I want it to be EXACTLY what I want! What are your thoughts, traps still too big? When the time comes I will post another poll:roll
As you can see from this poll, there are differing opinions. My thought is, it needs to make your heart sing! Not our decision to make. Don’t be influenced by other opinions. It needs to check all of your boxes and not leave you wishing for it to be different. KWIM? :wavey:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is one of those that looks better on its own. I think the bands detract from its beauty.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tbh, I don’t know what part of the traps you could shrink. I’m trying to envision them as shorter in length or smaller in width and none of those options seem to work in my vision. What would you shrink?

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
The band steals the AWESOME bright center stone, this is a show case on its own merits, a band in the other hand is beautiful but with this powerhouse ... should be left alone to dazzle..!

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tbh, I don’t know what part of the traps you could shrink. I’m trying to envision them as shorter in length or smaller in width and none of those options seem to work in my vision. What would you shrink?
Thanks for the advice! I truly appreciate all the opinions. Honestly, I was thinking they still looked a little too big where at the traps meet up to the centerstone. And was thinking of just reducing the size over all of the traps by just a hair. I want to make sure my emerald cut stands out, does everyone think my EC is still centerstage? This isn’t something I would do for a while, Want to be sure, but opinions are always welcome!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the advice! I truly appreciate all the opinions. Honestly, I was thinking they still looked a little too big where at the traps meet up to the centerstone. And was thinking of just reducing the size over all of the traps by just a hair. I want to make sure my emerald cut stands out, does everyone think my EC is still centerstage? This isn’t something I would do for a while, Want to be sure, but opinions are always welcome!
I just don’t see it. Bc then wouldn’t they look like little ears? I would probably shave off from the ends so that the traps could keep an elongated look.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@nala lol, good analogy! So you would shave the shortest end if anything?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results