shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: Do you like Kate's new official portrait?

Poll: Do you like Kate's new official portrait?

• Yes

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • No

Votes: 140 96.6%

• Total voters

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1357930207|3353175 said:
Skippy|1357926642|3353131 said:
Her first reaction say it all.

Just for the record I lied, or was joking.
I just found those three pics and creating my own captions.

I'm so bad. :nono: :twisted:
I'd say you were bang on! I think it's well executed but aging. I'd love to see her beautiful smile!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just looked at the poll results--- there are a lot of NOs here!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Hmm. Probably more true to life than the airbrushed photos of her that we are used to seeing.

She has wrinkles in real life, and is very,very thin.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Why is her face grey? I would like it if her face color actually looked like a human skin tone. Hers is grey! Wtf?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1357938669|3353301 said:
Why is her face grey? I would like it if her face color actually looked like a human skin tone. Hers is grey! Wtf?

Yeah, maybe it resembles her when she is deathly ill with the flu. Otherwise? :confused:

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Can I say ewww lala? I think the portrait is hideous, but that Kate is a natural beauty. :bigsmile:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have voted no. Her eyes look tired & her mouth is not lighting up her face like usual. She also looks a bit podgy around the cheeks, and I can guarantee she is not podgy around the cheeks! Her beautiful bone structure looks a bit lost :nono:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The story mentioned that the artist used a technique that uses many layers of transparent color... maybe the end result just doesn't photograph well, and that accounts for the ghostly pall that we see?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I'll go look at it in person and report back!

Malbec54

Shiny_Rock
Her smile is pinched and it looks like she had a few too many late night soirées...although the portrait looks nice from a distance, it isn't representative of her true beauty and glowing face/smile.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know I wouldn't be pleased. Was he trying to capture her growing into this as in years from now?? To me and no not an art critic but know enough about portriat paintings. He didn't capture her essence, her lovely fun spirit. The lips are pursed, and that isn't her..

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
It would seem in this picture, that she is cursing the artist through her royal smile while flipping him the bird!

watchthebirdy.jpg

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
This is a terrible representation of her. She's gorgeous, at least in photos. This makes her looks like she has bags around her eyes and is worn out. Not flattering at all.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Hideous, simply awful. She's a beautiful woman and he managed to make her ugly. Did Camilla pick him?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a fan at all!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would definitely want it done again. How could you have a subject that beautiful and end up with a painting like that? Terrible!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

PS'ers can vote on the representation of her....but she could not? Honestly, did she have no say in the matter...as to how she was depicted? I thought the Royal Media was carefully "monitored"....

There has to be an epic backstory here. That said, picture--totes fail.

cheers--Sharon

SCrane

Rough_Rock
The eyes and hair look like her but I don't think that anything else does. The nose especially looks bad.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have seen photos in the media where she makes that face, so it might be a natural expression of hers.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was it really necessary to paint those bags under her eyes :confused: She looks exhausted!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1357953398|3353450 said:
There has to be an epic backstory here.

Official royal portraits don't fade away like a magazine cover.
They last forever.
I suspect the back story is ... after the Di roller coaster the royal family wants to play down the high-fashion glamor babe thing.

I think toning down the future queen's beauty in her first official portrait was quite intentional and calculated.
No painter at that level executing such an important commission could be this inept.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a picture of her making the pursed lips like in the portrait:

(still much prettier IRL!)

kate-middleton1.jpg

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
It's hideous! Seriously, she is such a beautiful woman, but looks 20 years older in this pic. The mind boggles...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd ask for a do-over! She is such a beautiful girl!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It shows technical skill but no artistry. I don't think it's art.

And it makes her look 15 years older than she is.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results