color
clarity

POLL: Diamond 1 or Diamond 2?

Which Diamond?

• Diamond 2

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Zeppelin

Rough_Rock
Same cut and size. Is it worth it to pay $316 more to get H/VS2 instead of G/SI1?

DIAMOND 1:
ci_AGS-6809505.gif

DI40X_AGS-6809505.jpg

IS_AGS-6809505.jpg

DIAMOND 2:

ci_AGS-6550903.gif

DI40X_AGS-6550903.jpg

IS_AGS-6550903.jpg

mymodog

Rough_Rock
People here my disagree with me...but diamonds have different personalities. Which one looks better in person? I canot tell anything by those pictures.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
As long as it''s eye-clean, I''d prefer to get a higher color over a higher clarity. The size is almost exactly the same, so I think it''s pretty close either way.

I had an A Cut Above I color which was amazingly white. You''ll drool when you see the ACA in person!
3.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like Jelly, I prefer to get a higher color if the SI1 grade is eyeclean. For an extra $316 I would not go down a color to go up a grade in clarity!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2006 11:04:44 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Like Jelly, I prefer to get a higher color if the SI1 grade is eyeclean. For an extra $316 I would not go down a color to go up a grade in clarity!
double ditto this!

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
Um, triple ditto?

I went through the same thing when I was purchasing my diamond, an ACA G SI1 and a H VS1. The SI1 was eye-clean so, to me, that was good enough. :)

stermag

Shiny_Rock
Well, I, too, would prefer higher color over higher clarity, especially when both appear to be eye-clean.

That said, I guess I''m wondering about your initial assertion that the cut on both is the same. Granted, they''re both definitely within TIC range, but the first one scores a 1.0 on the HCA and the second a 1.4. Can such a difference in score be appreciable to the naked eye? This I do not know. Perhaps someone else can chime in?

Have you asked someone at Whiteflash for their professional opinion of these two stones? 300 dollars is ~.5% in terms of total cost, so I would be inclined to say that this difference is almost negligible. Any chance of seeing them both?

Houseparty

Rough_Rock
Hi Zeppelin,
Both look like winners. This is a very close call, but since you want votes, you deserve some votes. Since $316 is about 5%, I''ll consider that amount "material", but not significant. I am price sensitive, so I would save the money and vote #1.

In addition, on behalf of "strmrd", he would also vote for #1. Since #2 has a max diameter of 6.66mm
11.gif
Remember this recent thread? "This is the diamond I purchased experts thoughts"...

Finally, if you play "Stairway to Heaven" backwards it will say "Buy Diamond Number 2".
11.gif

(I hope somebody gets this joke, the topic is by Zeppelin).

So when you consider it all, it''s a tough call...

Sincerely,
David

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/17/2006 10:29:48 PM
Author:Zeppelin

Same cut and size. Is it worth it to pay $316 more to get H/VS2 instead of G/SI1?

I wonder if those two are not similar enough to be hard to tell apart! anyway, given any sort of choice, I''d probablt vote for relative high color & low clarity anyway, so G/SI1 it is
12.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
If you had the chance to look at and compare both stones side-by-side, I *bet* that the slight nuances of personality of one or the other would "speak to you" the loudest and that would be the easiest and best way to choose.

BUT, if that isn''t possible... then I am a firm believer in not paying for what you cannot see... so if the SI stone is eye-clean (and I am 99.9% sure that it is!) that would get my vote. Hands down!

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
My vote goes to #2 ...

Those black triangles near the center of the IS image for #2 indicate more scintillation (to me, at least), AND there are no inclusions under the table.

Good luck to you, whatever you decide!

Zeppelin

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the replies.

BTW, I live in Houston, so I would easily be able to see thest stones in person.

Interestingly enough, the poll is at 50/50 right now. 13 people have voted for each; a pretty even split.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results