color
clarity

POLITICAL: Milo Speaks Out re: Liberals' Labels & Criticism

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: POLITICAL: Milo Speaks Out re: Liberals' Labels & Critic

Milo ... Ugh! :knockout:

Milo is proof that gay men can suck too.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's a pity, because he can be very witty and intelligent but uses his platform in such a gross way.

Too bad, so sad. Next!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Now if only he would disappear!

Just remember...The person who hired this piece of trash is now the advisor to the President of the US.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Calliecake|1487717419|4131892 said:

Just remember...The person who hired this piece of trash is now the advisor to the President of the US.

The person who hired and then when that ugly comment came out, FIRED him.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

He resigned and he has been making ugly comments for a long time.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Calliecake|1487717622|4131895 said:
He resigned and he has been making ugly comments for a long time.

Yes I stand corrected.

This person nauseates me so much that I avoid anything that has his name in it. So I must have misread the alert.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock

phancynan|1487651589|4131584 said:
The fact is that he is now un-invited to speak, and his book has been canceled, because he crossed the line into pedophilia, and this goes to show that it is NOT about "free" speech. If it were about "free" speech, and the stance that anyone has the right to say anything, then he would still be speaking. But he crossed a line into what is no longer ok. Which goes to show that hate speech on women, minorities, gays, etc, all of that WAS acceptable.
At the end of the say, it is still about drawing a line for what speech is and isn't acceptable. The lines are in verrrrrrry different places for people. My line was at gamer gate, to what is and isn't acceptable. For many of his supporters, that line wasn't reached until pedophilia. It's about the line and where is is, not about speech being free.

Exactly this. Thank you.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

ruby59|1487717520|4131894 said:

Milo resigned, but even if he didn't - Bannon previously resigned from Breitbart, so how could he have fired Milo? Supposedly Bannon isn't in charge anymore.

But Milo has referred to Bannon as "the person who made him a star" or some such similar quote.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

katharath|1487719299|4131912 said:
ruby59|1487717520|4131894 said:

Milo resigned, but even if he didn't - Bannon previously resigned from Breitbart, so how could he have fired Milo? Supposedly Bannon isn't in charge anymore.

But Milo has referred to Bannon as "the person who made him a star" or some such similar quote.

And as I said in another thread if Bannon resigned or was fired, I would be thrilled.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1487722923|4131933 said:
Interesting. It does seem like interesting timing that this blew up so recently. I know this is a popular tactic of 'activist' groups. Did you hear about that dog movie, where someone had filmed them torturing a dog, but only released it a year later, like right before the movie was coming out? They were methodical about it. (I think it was peta) They didn't care about the welfare of the animals, otherwise they would have spoken up right away. They waited until it would have the most impact, probably both for themselves with publicity and on the movie/producers/etc. Not trying to make a red herring run, just acknowledging that it was some shady timing!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Yes, interesting timing indeed. I don't really have much to add to the topic in general because I don't know much about this particular situation. I am familiar with Milo, but it was a pretty recent thing, so I don't know him well. From what I have seen/read, however, I assume there are lots of folks that would loooovvee to take him down, so there's that. He's certainly controversial, but I guess I don't have strong feelings about him one way or the other.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Since Milo no longer has a job in the US, how will this affect his Visa status? Do you think ICE agents will come looking for him?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake|1487730077|4131971 said:
Since Milo no longer has a job in the US, how will this affect his Visa status? Do you think ICE agents will come looking for him?

ugh, if only!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs|1487732335|4131982 said:
Calliecake|1487730077|4131971 said:

ugh, if only!

Hey a girl can dream!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

I saw yet another twist in this story this morning. A video of George Takei (another gay man for those of you who don't know) doing a radio interview and making the same sort of "jokes" that Milo has made about pedophilia/molestation. I'm not going to post a link to the video, but you can easily Google it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results