shape
carat
color
clarity

POLITICAL: Milo Speaks Out re: Liberals' Labels & Criticism

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/02/milo-yiannopoulos-tucker-carlson-tonight-berkeley-protest

Yes, it's on Faux News, but it has a video (as well as the article). I personally prefer videos of interviews vs articles (regardless of media outlet) because I can hear directly from the horse's mouth and infer my own opinions on tone, demeanor, expression, etc. to determine truthfulness & intent vs a writer interjecting his/her spin in 'print'. So, I didn't even bother reading the article.

I have watched/listened to it, and there isn't anything offensive (it apparently aired on tv so it's pretty 'clean').

I found a few items of particular interest:

- his reply to the accusations of him being racist (2:20 mark) is HILARIOUS! :lol: :lol:

- the points he makes about how the left treats those on the right. :clap: :clap:

- the stats he cited regarding the amount of funding Berkeley receives and the "productivity" of its grads. :eh: :eh:

I don't know a ton about Mr. Milo, except that he is a conservative, immigrant, gay man who travels the world speaking on conservative values/principles, and in THIS interview, makes a lot of points I think many on the right agree with/feel.

I have heard liberals' opinions of him, but haven't yet seen evidence of those accusations actually being FACT. But I plan to dig around to see what I find. :read:

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Re: POLITICAL: Milo Speaks Out re: Liberals' Labels & Critic

First, Tucker Carlson's opening is flat out wrong. He says that Milo "was not allowed to exercise his First Amendment rights." The First Amendment says NOTHING about private citizens silencing/interfering with other private citizens. It simply says that CONGRESS will make no law that abridges freedom of speech.

E B

Ideal_Rock

"That is the price you pay for being a libertarian or a conservative on American college campuses," Yiannopoulos said.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

If anyone doesn't understand why this man is an absolutely horrible human being then either they haven't looked around, or are as hateful and horrible as he is.

Another lovely essay. http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/12/02/milo-explains-patriarchy-ohio-university/

Don't read if you don't want to scream at your computer. He is one of the worst people I've ever heard.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

wildcat03|1486161172|4123865 said:
bunnycat|1486160772|4123860 said:

"This is political violence in response to an absolutely mainstream opinion"

UGH. So over Breitbart and everything that has anything to do with Bannon.

Well, if you're going to take a shine to someone, it seems prudent to read some of the things they published. And since he's a hot topic at the moment all around, maybe I was wrong in my previous assumptions in another thread and not too many are as familiar with what he says and so I posted a helpful link.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

wildcat03|1486160929|4123862 said:
First, Tucker Carlson's opening is flat out wrong. He says that Milo "was not allowed to exercise his First Amendment rights." The First Amendment says NOTHING about private citizens silencing/interfering with other private citizens. It simply says that CONGRESS will make no law that abridges freedom of speech.

Yeah, that comment was total BS. He WAS allowed to exercise his rights, he came to campus, and then had to leave due to safety concerns. So private citizens stopped him due to them starting a violent protest, which is NOT the first amendment. But nice try, Faux.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs|1486161321|4123869 said:
If anyone doesn't understand why this man is an absolutely horrible human being then either they haven't looked around, or are as hateful and horrible as he is.

Another lovely essay. http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/12/02/milo-explains-patriarchy-ohio-university/

Don't read if you don't want to scream at your computer. He is one of the worst people I've ever heard.

Sadly I'm sure he's found new fans here.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock

bunnycat|1486161428|4123870 said:

Well, if you're going to take a shine to someone, it seems prudent to read some of the things they published. And since he's a hot topic at the moment all around, maybe I was wrong in my previous assumptions in another thread and not too many are as familiar with what he says and so I posted a helpful link.
bunnycat - that vent was not meant towards you. It was meant towards Milo and Bannon and Breitbart. I've seen enough of Breitbart to know that it is anything but mainstream.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

wildcat03|1486161785|4123875 said:
bunnycat|1486161428|4123870 said:

bunnycat - that vent was not meant towards you. It was meant towards Milo and Bannon and Breitbart. I've seen enough of Breitbart to know that it is anything but mainstream.

I know. It's all good. It was a tongue in cheek response... :wavey:

I delved long enough in to that deep underbelly to know what grows there.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs|1486161532|4123871 said:

Yeah, that comment was total BS. He WAS allowed to exercise his rights, he came to campus, and then had to leave due to safety concerns. So private citizens stopped him due to them starting a violent protest, which is NOT the first amendment. But nice try, Faux.

Everything I have read (even left-leaning) says Berkeley canceled the event, including campus police.
Administrators decided to cancel the Wednesday event about two hours before the Breitbart editor's speech. UC Berkeley said it removed him from campus "amid the violence and destruction of property and out of concern for public safety."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/01/us/milo-yiannopoulos-berkeley/
https://mobile.twitter.com/UCPD_Cal/status/826978649341440000

Wildcat: I am a bit confused by your comment lovedogs quoted. Are you saying its "permissible" (for lack of a better word; my brain is fried) for citizens to halt/prevent the first amendment rights of other citizens in public? :confused:

E B

Ideal_Rock

Oh, he's a garbage human for sure. I didn't (won't) watch the video- who all did he blame?

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Yeah, he's pretty widely panned as being a disgusting excuse for a human being. But then, a lot of people seem to be supportive of those types these days...

_6480.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

E B|1486162539|4123887 said:

Oh, he's a garbage human for sure. I didn't (won't) watch the video- who all did he blame?

Not going to lie---kind of want to buy this and send it to him

https://www.lookhuman.com/design/93394-single-taken-actual-human-garbage/racerback-tank

I couldnt watch the entire video--got about 30 seconds in of him blaming the left for being "anti free speech", and then looked up his disgusting writing. That told me all I needed to know about him as a person.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

JoCoJenn|1486162467|4123884 said:
lovedogs|1486161532|4123871 said:

Everything I have read (even left-leaning) says Berkeley canceled the event, including campus police.
Administrators decided to cancel the Wednesday event about two hours before the Breitbart editor's speech. UC Berkeley said it removed him from campus "amid the violence and destruction of property and out of concern for public safety."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/01/us/milo-yiannopoulos-berkeley/
https://mobile.twitter.com/UCPD_Cal/status/826978649341440000

Wildcat: I am a bit confused by your comment lovedogs quoted. Are you saying its "permissible" (for lack of a better word; my brain is fried) for citizens to halt/prevent the first amendment rights of other citizens in public? :confused:

Here's an eye witness account of the protest. Caution: vulgar language.

https://medium.com/@kittystryker/when-cucks-revolt-my-account-of-miloatcal-f44f80af4ab6#.l9x8nh9ku

E B

Ideal_Rock

katharath|1486162768|4123890 said:
Yeah, he's pretty widely panned as being a disgusting excuse for a human being. But then, a lot of people seem to be supportive of those types these days...

OMG, the hypocrisy is staggering. He is ALL OF THOSE THINGS over this incident.

If anyone truly believes he's upset about having his 1st amendment rights "violated," I have a bridge to sell you. This is EXACTLY what he wanted. Why he probably joyously accepted a speaking engagement at a college in a liberal college town. Who cares about a probably small college crowd when you can go and cry victim to the WORLD! He's a professional troll and now, he's got a national platform he wouldn't normally have. Stupid anarchists a) being horrible, violent a-holes and b) giving this guy a platform.

E B

Ideal_Rock

He wants to self-publish a Kindle e-book so he can go on television shows with the chyron “Author of Satisfying the Black Man Sexually,” though he’d need to alter the title slightly, because the book Satisfying the Black Man Sexually is already on his shelf. “That’s why I don’t like Planned Parenthood. They kill all those black babies. In 20 years, they could be my harem,” he says.

“We live in a post-fact era. It’s wonderful,” he says, pointing to various web pages on his giant computer screen that show photos of, supposedly, Bill Clinton’s grown black son. “The Washington Post gives a truth check, and no one cares. Now you have to use the truth and other strategies. You have to be persuasive. Dumpy lesbian feminists and shrieking harpies in the Black Lives Matter movement are not persuasive,” he says, digging into the egg, turkey, and avocado scramble prepared by his full-time trainer.

For his shopping trip to Gieves & Hawkes, Yiannopoulos calls for an Uber. The driver is a man, possibly because Uber’s algorithm has learned that Yiannopoulos rejects female drivers. Women, he says, have been scientifically proven to be worse at spatial relations, as have Asians. “It’s the only thing Saudi Arabia gets right,” he says about the country’s ban on female drivers. “Behind every racist joke is a scientific fact.”

He says he disapproves of all Muslims—except his boyfriend of 10 years. But it’s feminists who rile him most. During Gamergate, he targeted game developer Brianna Wu. Her address was posted on Reddit, and she received so many rape and death threats that she moved out of her home for a while and hired a bodyguard.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

E B|1486164320|4123912 said:
He wants to self-publish a Kindle e-book so he can go on television shows with the chyron “Author of Satisfying the Black Man Sexually,” though he’d need to alter the title slightly, because the book Satisfying the Black Man Sexually is already on his shelf. “That’s why I don’t like Planned Parenthood. They kill all those black babies. In 20 years, they could be my harem,” he says.

“We live in a post-fact era. It’s wonderful,” he says, pointing to various web pages on his giant computer screen that show photos of, supposedly, Bill Clinton’s grown black son. “The Washington Post gives a truth check, and no one cares. Now you have to use the truth and other strategies. You have to be persuasive. Dumpy lesbian feminists and shrieking harpies in the Black Lives Matter movement are not persuasive,” he says, digging into the egg, turkey, and avocado scramble prepared by his full-time trainer.

For his shopping trip to Gieves & Hawkes, Yiannopoulos calls for an Uber. The driver is a man, possibly because Uber’s algorithm has learned that Yiannopoulos rejects female drivers. Women, he says, have been scientifically proven to be worse at spatial relations, as have Asians. “It’s the only thing Saudi Arabia gets right,” he says about the country’s ban on female drivers. “Behind every racist joke is a scientific fact.”

He says he disapproves of all Muslims—except his boyfriend of 10 years. But it’s feminists who rile him most. During Gamergate, he targeted game developer Brianna Wu. Her address was posted on Reddit, and she received so many rape and death threats that she moved out of her home for a while and hired a bodyguard.

Oh look, time to use the vomit cartoon again :sick: :sick: 29643337-Vomit-explodes-from-a-man-s-face--Stock-Vector-cartoon-drunk-sick.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs|1486163189|4123895 said:
I couldnt watch the entire video--got about 30 seconds in of him blaming the left for being "anti free speech", and then looked up his disgusting writing. That told me all I needed to know about him as a person.

Maybe you can overlook all the commentary and just listen to what he says. :wavey:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JoCoJenn|1486164648|4123914 said:

Maybe you can overlook all the commentary and just listen to what he says. :wavey:

I did that when I read his own words. He is a vile, hateful, sexist, racist piece of garbage.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

We already know what he says. Read his articles. Civilized women aren't interested.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JoCoJenn|1486160509|4123858 said:
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/02/milo-yiannopoulos-tucker-carlson-tonight-berkeley-protest

Yes, it's on Faux News, but it has a video (as well as the article). I personally prefer videos of interviews vs articles (regardless of media outlet) because I can hear directly from the horse's mouth and infer my own opinions on tone, demeanor, expression, etc. to determine truthfulness & intent vs a writer interjecting his/her spin in 'print'. So, I didn't even bother reading the article.

I have watched/listened to it, and there isn't anything offensive (it apparently aired on tv so it's pretty 'clean').

I found a few items of particular interest:

- his reply to the accusations of him being racist (2:20 mark) is HILARIOUS! :lol: :lol:

- the points he makes about how the left treats those on the right. :clap: :clap:

- the stats he cited regarding the amount of funding Berkeley receives and the "productivity" of its grads. :eh: :eh:

I don't know a ton about Mr. Milo, except that he is a conservative, immigrant, gay man who travels the world speaking on conservative values/principles, and in THIS interview, makes a lot of points I think many on the right agree with/feel.

I have heard liberals' opinions of him, but haven't yet seen evidence of those accusations actually being FACT. But I plan to dig around to see what I find. :read:

https://redice.tv/red-ice-tv/red-ice-live-an-alt-right-response-to-milos-interview-on-the-alt-right

This site: Red Ice Radio, is a true ALT RIGHT group. They think Milo is just an opportunist. True ALT right is white surpremacy, belief that the White civilization is under attack by non whites..

http://www.dailystormer.com/the-david-duke-show-interview-with-henrik-palmgren-of-red-ice/

Milo is an idiot, a pig, an opportunist and just plain disgusting.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Elliot86|1486164750|4123918 said:

We already know what he says. Read his articles. Civilized women aren't interested.

Come on Elliot, just give him a chance!! Maybe start giving Ann Coulter a chance - and Satan, too?

Milo is not news to most of us; we are well aware of him. That being said, this thread's existence in no way surprises me.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

katharath|1486165752|4123931 said:
Elliot86|1486164750|4123918 said:

Come on Elliot, just give him a chance!! Maybe start giving Ann Coulter a chance - and Satan, too?

Milo is not news to most of us; we are well aware of him. That being said, this thread's existence in no way surprises me.

Guys, it doesnt matter if Satan wants to set the world on fire, we need to be nicer and more understanding of different viewpoints. :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :lol:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

bunnycat|1486163715|4123903 said:

This "person" calling people with whom he/she disagrees "Nazis" (after which I immediately stopped reading) puts him/her on par with Milo it seems, so why give him/her any credibility that you wouldn't give Milo? :confused: This isn't really about the protest, but my question stands.

Seriously - the left (anywhere from just left of middle to extreme left) toss around offensive labels NON-FREAKING-STOP (read ANY 'political' thread on here for proof); so how exactly is Milo doing the exact same thing somehow different? :confused: Is it because he is a man? Conservative? An immigrant? Rich? Gay? Has more/better bling? :confused:

Didn't someone on here recently encourage conservatives have a better sense of humor? :think: :confused: I read the birth control article posted up-thread as well as perused some of his sources (one of which was HuffPo). Since my panties aren't in a wad and I don't clutch pearls like I do my coffee mug, I read it as an editorial (opinion piece) largely laced with satire. And I laughed ... a lot! Maybe with others, it strikes a nerve too close to home ... Perhaps they need to get a sense of humor. But I would argue that particular editorial is t any worse than Amy Schumer or Sarah Silverman, both of whom are quite raunchy about their lady parts.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've been trying to make sense of your views, but all I can really say it that it seems most of your views align with those who would be considered extremist. If that's your thing, great.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

JoCoJenn|1486166657|4123946 said:
bunnycat|1486163715|4123903 said:

This "person" calling people with whom he/she disagrees "Nazis" (after which I immediately stopped reading) puts him/her on par with Milo it seems, so why give him/her any credibility that you wouldn't give Milo? :confused: This isn't really about the protest, but my question stands.

Seriously - the left (anywhere from just left of middle to extreme left) toss around offensive labels NON-FREAKING-STOP (read ANY 'political' thread on here for proof); so how exactly is Milo doing the exact same thing somehow different? :confused: Is it because he is a man? Conservative? An immigrant? Rich? Gay? Has more/better bling? :confused:

Didn't someone on here recently encourage conservatives have a better sense of humor? :think: :confused: I read the birth control article posted up-thread as well as perused some of his sources (one of which was HuffPo). Since my panties aren't in a wad and I don't clutch pearls like I do my coffee mug, I read it as an editorial (opinion piece) largely laced with satire. And I laughed ... a lot! Maybe with others, it strikes a nerve too close to home ... Perhaps they need to get a sense of humor. But I would argue that particular editorial is t any worse than Amy Schumer or Sarah Silverman, both of whom are quite raunchy about their lady parts.

I am sure you are right. Breitbart is, of course, well known for their satire. Did the commentary following it seem like satire too?

I have conservative friends and family, and no, I wouldn't say I toss offensive labels with abandon. Feel free to look through my posts and find offensive language directed at other. I try to refrain. However, I have had plenty of labels tossed at me, personally,from people I know.

Here are some of the labels I attach to some of my conservative family: Saintly. Humanitarian. Good willed. Good natured.
Here are some labels I have attached to others in my family: racist (and I live in the south and I absolutely mean that I know what racism is when the N word and M word, Jap and Chinc fall easily from their lips- pardon me for writing those words. I don't persoally believe them) and xenophobic.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elliot86 said:
Are these the same civilized women who wore "lady part" hats & costumes at the women's March? :confused:

lovedogs said:
...we need to be nicer and more understanding of different viewpoints. :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :lol:
Are you suggesting we should not be tolerant of others' viewpoints? :confused:

katharath said:
That being said, this thread's existence in no way surprises me.
Would you please elaborate on what exactly you mean here? :confused:

E B said:
If anyone truly believes he's upset about having his 1st amendment rights "violated" ...

I DOUBT Milo is seriously worried about his rights being violated; he has a mic & media platform. I think the bigger issue is the rights of students who were prevented from hearing him which was part of the originally-linked interview. And it seems one obviously left-leaning opinion writer for the Atlantic agrees.

Politically, the problem with shutting Yiannopoulos down is obvious. The reason the College Republicans invited him in the first pace was “because we believe there exists a dearth of intellectual diversity on this campus,” and “conservative thought is actively repressed.” Not letting him speak on campus just makes their point. It lets Yiannopoulos depict himself as a victim of “political correctness.” Which is the grievance that fuels his ugly persona in the first place.

But the argument for letting Yiannopoulos speak is more than tactical. It’s a matter of principle. Conservative students have the right to bring obnoxious bigots to speak on campus and other students have a right to protest. But universities should not let the protesters shut them down. That was hard for many leftists to accept even before Trump’s election. Now that an obnoxious bigot occupies the White House, it’s even harder. But Trump’s presidency is, in part, a test of whether ordinary Americans can avoid sinking to his level, whether a citizenry can respect the principles that its leaders do not. What happened to Milo Yiannopoulos this week is part of that test. It’s important that progressives at Berkeley, and around the country, do not fail.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

bunnycat said:
I have conservative friends and family, and no, I wouldn't say I toss offensive labels with abandon. Feel free to look through my posts and find offensive language directed at other. I try to refrain. However, I have had plenty of labels tossed at me, personally,from people I know.

Sorry bunny; I didn't intend to mean 'you personally toss labels around' with my quote. It was a general question. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results