shape
carat
color
clarity

WARNING! Political and Contentious Discussion Ban

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@diamondseeker2006 They were also critical of the HCA. I only scanned through one thread and it was legit funny. "Old white men" got the brunt of the criticism but, of course, some had to chime in about the "old white women." There is no pleasing some people. Do you remember the male poster who didn't last long here when he complained about the old wrinkled fingers in photos here that sported fabulous bling and how revolted he was by that? LOL.

im really shocked anyone would do that
honestly mostly and politics aside everyone seems so nice and polite here - i mean people don't even curse here

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know that there are a few private FB groups. I was part of three for a few months - a tiny subset of the totality, I’m sure. I observed three commonalities:
1. A group confidence that that group was a better place to participate than PS proper, and a general disdain for PS that occasionally erupted into active, gossip-filled denigration,
2. A near complete lack of any technical discussion - these groups were NOT subbing for RT or the informative CS threads, and
3. A quantity of manufactured drama that I’ve quite honestly never witnessed before in my life.
I left all the private PS FB groups and I can’t say I miss them, though I do occasionally wonder what the latest crises might be.

i got invited to an almost exclusive liberal group as like a token right winger
it was so borring watching everyone agree with each other
it was a circle j##k

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
has even one person ever changed political 'sides' due to a post on an internet message board ?
i admit i enjoy the solidarity of finding other people who view politics from the right but if it results in falling out with nice people is it really worth it ?

My approach to those discussions is that it provides people an opportunity to speak their truth that perhaps they don't feel comfortable speaking with their in-person groups and it provides an opportunity for people to adopt personas that are different than they are in real life -- some can be scary and some can be nice. Forums become a sort of therapy for some people and while it's not the intent or purpose of those forums, it's difficult to control unless you keep membership limited to one person -- and that person would probably argue with himself or herself, lol.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Several years ago, there was a revolt here (there have been a few) and a number of posters formed a FB group for the purpose of being free of its rules. I don't have first-hand knowledge and it was allegedly a closed by-invitation-only group but rumors leaked here that members of the group were disparaging about PS and some of the posters here. The brouhaha eventually died down, some of the FB members still posted here and said that the group wasn't as mean as described by an ex-member but the damage was done and it took awhile for the brouhaha to die down. Homo Sapiens, the drama species.

No idea about any of that drama; I ditched FB 2.5 years ago (for other reasons) & never looked back. But TBC, I’m not advocating any sort of PS-competition gig; just someone with the skills to fill a void that PS has clearly said doesn’t fit their operating model: political debate. Everyone tosses it out there like it’s so easy ... so why isn’t someone just doing it? :confused:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know that there are a few private FB groups. I was part of three for a few months -

3. A quantity of manufactured drama that I’ve quite honestly never witnessed before in my life.
IOW, The PS gossip group? . ..:bigsmile:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mean, you can buy them anywhere.

Some are better than others. There's a lot of poking, prodding, squeezing, checking for expiration dates that goes on and i t can be exhausting.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My approach to those discussions is that it provides people an opportunity to speak their truth that perhaps they don't feel comfortable speaking with their in-person groups and it provides an opportunity for people to adopt personas that are different than they are in real life -- some can be scary and some can be nice. Forums become a sort of therapy for some people and while it's not the intent or purpose of those forums, it's difficult to control unless you keep membership limited to one person -- and that person would probably argue with himself or herself, lol.

it is indeed a releaf to have an outlet sometimes
i spent a year working in a different town to where we brought our house and i boarded through the week with a really lovely friend and her family but i was quietly going insane having to listen to their liberal politics every second i was there
i really needed those right wing internet freinds who voted similar to me

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
im really shocked anyone would do that
honestly mostly and politics aside everyone seems so nice and polite here - i mean people don't even curse here
I have had been call every nasty word in the book... :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have had been call every nasty word in the book... :lol:

well you are one of my favourites DF
if you lived in my town id be proud to call you my friend
i also think you are really funny and anybody that can make me laugh is a comic genius because i don't find alot to laugh about
and i love reading about your family

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it is indeed a releaf to have an outlet sometimes
i spent a year working in a different town to where we brought our house and i boarded through the week with a really lovely friend and her family but i was quietly going insane having to listen to their liberal politics every second i was there
i really needed those right wing internet freinds who voted similar to me
You sure came to the wrong forum!!... :lol: I been fighting the PS liberals since 2008.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some are better than others. There's a lot of poking, prodding, squeezing, checking for expiration dates that goes on and i t can be exhausting.
Besides handling them, I make sure to do a sniff test and make sure im not getting a whiff of something malodorous

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Besides handling them, I make sure to do a sniff test and make sure im not getting a whiff of something malodorous

Ah yes, over ripe is never a good thing and aged meat might not give the same pleasure as the fresher stuff. Soft and squishy also lacks appeal.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cat wants me to go to bed. If I don't comply he'll yowl, stomp around the house, and then throw himself down on the floor and whine. G'nite.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah yes, over ripe is never a good thing and aged meat might not give the same pleasure as the fresher stuff. Soft and squishy also lacks appeal.

Y’all get it. Firm to the touch and squeeze, thick skin, a good “hand feel” (you know, like how it fits in your hand is probably indicative of how it’ll fit in your mouth), and I’m sorry; I have to go now. Hahaha

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You sure came to the wrong forum!!... :lol: I been fighting the PS liberals since 2008.

i like to study Americans
i have alot of respect for the American people
i try to find something nice in every one of you
(especially 40,41 & 43) ;)2
but its a bonus to get to know all the other peeps from far flung corners of the world and from places a little closer

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it time for pie yet? I'm in NY right now and would love a pizza pie.

Here you go! You deserve a delicious hot pizza pie. <3

pizzapie.jpg

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the ignore function.
I only ignore people being A-holes.
Why smell that odor?

I don't know - I have yet to meet someone who's 100% A-hole, and maybe they'll come up with something that broadens my world or even just brightens my day once in a while, or say something that's an 'in' to a conversation that enables others to 'improve' their own A-hole view. Or maybe I'm just naive..!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We've allowed enough venting here at this point and I am going to close the thread as it has turned to pie. If anyone has additional questions, they are welcome to contact us directly, which is the policy.

I'd also like to mention that what you see in this thread is 1/10 of the anger we get behind the scenes. From both sides. From people in this very thread. Despite everyone being adults, everyone does not act like an adult here, and therefore this is the decision the forum owner has made. To clarify further, that is not me. I am a longtime employee who deals with this verbal abuse as part of my job. Please think about that the next time you email us and consider what kind of email you'd like to get at work when your job is to enforce rules.

For those who have questions about what is/isn't allowed, you are welcome to email as always.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results