shape
carat
color
clarity

Polishing titanium E-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pjblack

Rough_Rock
Can anyone polish any E-ring? Mine is a tension set titanium with platnium inlay. I went to a Jewelery store today but they do not have a jeweler at the store. They suggested I take it to the kiosk in the middle of the mall to have it polished. I was uncomfortable with this until I checked here first. I can send back where I had it made, but thats in Canada, and I was hoping to not have it out of my possession for that long. Thanks,PJ

pjblack

Rough_Rock
Let me reword my question and see if I can get answer...

Is the machine used to polish gold rings, the same machine used to polish titanium rings, or do I need to find someone specifically qualified to polish a titanium ring?

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
The titanium can be polished with the cloth wheel used on gold rings, but instead of the red rouge used for gold, they would do better using a white compound made for stainless steel. The only problem with using the big wheel is that it could possibly catch on the stone, so ideally, the stone should be removed for polishing. The mall kiosk is not likely to have experience removing or resetting tension set stones, so I don't recommend them doing so. They could likely do a pretty good job with a small buff and their rotary tool without getting too close to the stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results