shape
carat
color
clarity

Polishing Longines watch

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
I have a plain Stainless Steel Longines watch (dolce vita I think), and the band is getting a bit scratched up. I have been to local jewellers (UK) and asked about getting it polished up etc and they dont seem to think it is possible.

surely there must be a way of shining up the stainless steel when it gets scratched up, has anyone else done this to their stainelss steel watches?

thanks

35.gif

d2b

Oh, thanks in advance, as I will probably we off-line for a few days but am looking forward to seeing what others have done
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2008 4:20:41 AM
Author:D2B
Hi
I have a plain Stainless Steel Longines watch (dolce vita I think), and the band is getting a bit scratched up. I have been to local jewellers (UK) and asked about getting it polished up etc and they dont seem to think it is possible.

surely there must be a way of shining up the stainless steel when it gets scratched up, has anyone else done this to their stainelss steel watches?

thanks

35.gif

d2b

Oh, thanks in advance, as I will probably we off-line for a few days but am looking forward to seeing what others have done
9.gif
I haven''t had it done myself, but when I was researching watches, I have heard that it IS possible to polish up stainless steel ....I would ask around some more.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 4:20:41 AM
Author:D2B
Hi

thanks

35.gif

d2b

9.gif
Yes its possible...what jeweler were to talking too?The bracelet will be detacted from the head and a jeweler that has worked with watchs can repolish the surface of the bracelet.Some nicks and gauges cannot be removed but the shine can be brought back.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Longines watch, too, but not long enough to have needed to have it polished. But I am sure it can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results