shape
carat
color
clarity

Polishing fees at Tiffany

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
Hello PSers, I was wondering if anyone knew how much it cost to have Tiffany polish rings? I have a Lucida and an etoile ring.

Thanks!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have only had Tiffany bands and it has been a bit since I've been there, but I have always had my bands polished while I waited free of charge. Not sure what they would do about the Lucida but I am guessing you could always call and ask.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s free

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
I have gotten it cleaned for free while I waited but is the polishing free too?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have gotten it cleaned for free while I waited but is the polishing free too?

Tiffany&Co. offers two types of services:
1. Cleaning/polishing in store which is free, you just have to specify the type of service you want; for example, I only polish my rings once a year, but clean them frequently.
2. Complete product restoration which is paid. For this service, the products are shipped to New York (I believe) and the charge is estimated once the product is received. I recently got this service done for a band and the charge was very reasonable.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For what Tiffany charges they should be washing my car for free. :mrgreen:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I just had a solitaire polished. They charged $50 and sent it to NY for the service. It took them a long time (like 2.5 weeks) to return it.

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
I just had a solitaire polished. They charged $50 and sent it to NY for the service. It took them a long time (like 2.5 weeks) to return it.

Do you know if this is only available to the original purchaser?

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock

I wasn’t the original purchaser ;)2 I didn’t tell them where I got it from but said I was gifted it. They were very bewildered but went ahead with the service. I had some confusing service in general - they charged for the polishing and then for the direct shipment to my house (I didn’t want to drive back to the store as it’s not really that close to me, and I was happy to pay the cost of shipment). But then I had a platinum wedding ring sized and a different customer service rep sized and shipped to me at no charge. Strange, though I’ll take it.

headlight

Ideal_Rock

That always intrigues me. IMO (as if anyone care what I think LOL!), it should not matter if it is "the original owner". As l long as they determine that it is legit T & Co it should be afforded "all the rights and privileges thereof" lol. The concept of "membership has its privileges" should apply here, as in "this is why you pay so much for Tiffany... so you can "belong to the club"!
Similarly, at Louis Vuitton, if you bring in a bag for repair or restoration, it doesn't matter if you paid for it or it was a gift or it was handed down from your mother... or even if you bought it from The Real Real. As long as they deem it to be legit LV, they will service it (at whatever the fee is for work required).
So this "original owner Tiffany thing" to me is such a turnoff. As if to say that your husband purchases and proposes with a T & Co engagement ring. Fast forward decades and your grandson is going to get engaged and since your engagement decades earlier, you have acquired another diamond ring that you wear. You decide to give your grandson your original e-ring for him to propose with. So are they saying if you give your engagement ring to your grandson to present to his girlfriend and she takes it in to be sized or polished or whatever, they won't do it because she or her betrothed doesn't have a receipt???
Sorry for my rant but threads like this appear pretty much on a regular basis here at PS and I always have the same thought!
On the other side of the coin, I believe I have heard/read that if you have a legit T & Co yet your have it sized/serviced by an outside jeweler, you like "void out" any service option from Tiffany you may have previously been afforded! Clearly everything related to T & Co is in THEIR favor, not the customer who paid heavily to have that stamp inside the ring shank!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For what Tiffany charges they should be washing my car for free. :mrgreen:
They do if you own a Rolls Royce or a Bentley.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@headlight it seems to me that you don’t own anything T&Co. and certainly haven’t experienced their services. As with any luxury brands and actually most other brands these days, you as a customer develop a purchasing history with a vendor. Of course that the vendor will ask for your client information before they take any product back for service. I have had several products serviced by T&Co. - some that I have personally purchased, others that I have not and every time the level of service has been the same and their repair services are extremely reasonable IMO.
Also, with literally any other jewellery brand, your standard insurance will be voided if an outside jeweler works on your ring, so not sure why this is even being mentioned.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
@headlight it seems to me that you don’t own anything T&Co. and certainly haven’t experienced their services. As with any luxury brands and actually most other brands these days, you as a customer develop a purchasing history with a vendor. Of course that the vendor will ask for your client information before they take any product back for service. I have had several products serviced by T&Co. - some that I have personally purchased, others that I have not and every time the level of service has been the same and their repair services are extremely reasonable IMO.
Also, with literally any other jewellery brand, your standard insurance will be voided if an outside jeweler works on your ring, so not sure why this is even being mentioned.

Wow, I was just saying that if they do not offer services if it isn't the original purchaser it just doesn't seem right. I don't think you needed to react toward me in that way which was rather insulting... as if to imply that I am not "classy" nor "affluent" enough to "know" the Tiffany experience. I actually do own some lovely things from Tiffany that my husband has surprised me with over the years, and have enjoyed the service they have provided (including the champagne!). But there are PSers who have pre-loved Tiffany pieces that have posted here that they have had that issue with not receiving service because they weren't the original purchaser. That is why this was mentioned. I understanding exactly what you are saying about having someone other than the original manufacture work on something... the luxury watch brands are a perfect example. Similarly, I won't even take my car to be serviced by anyone but the dealer.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I was just saying that if they do not offer services if it isn't the original purchaser it just doesn't seem right. I don't think you needed to react toward me in that way which was rather insulting... as if to imply that I am not "classy" nor "affluent" enough to "know" the Tiffany experience. I actually do own some lovely things from Tiffany that my husband has surprised me with over the years, and have enjoyed the service they have provided (including the champagne!). But there are PSers who have pre-loved Tiffany pieces that have posted here that they have had that issue with not receiving service because they weren't the original purchaser. That is why this was mentioned. I understanding exactly what you are saying about having someone other than the original manufacture work on something... the luxury watch brands are a perfect example. Similarly, I won't even take my car to be serviced by anyone but the dealer.

This is not what I implied at all; it is unfortunate that’s how you interpreted my comment.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
This is not what I implied at all; it is unfortunate that’s how you interpreted my comment.

Thank you for this post, I do appreciate it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results