shape
carat
color
clarity

Polishing and Buffing a Titanium Ring - How To Polish

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

holyzoo

Rough_Rock
First off, this forum was very valuable in purchasing my fiancée''s engagement ring from Good Old Gold. Gratitude all around on that.

Secondly, I''m a guy who really got into jewelry in my late 30s. And I absolutely love my wedding ring. I had found the perfect shape and style from Titanium Rings. http://www.titaniumrings.com/ I had an engagement ring without diamonds, and my wedding ring is the same style but with burnished diamonds all the way around.

Now on to the business...

I had a hard time finding information on how to polish and buff titanium rings by myself - not by a jeweler. This stemmed from feeling that I might want to buff, polish, or shine my ring at a moments notice, before going out, or when I just wanted it to look nice.

The only thing I found was Bruce Boone''s post on this forum suggesting using a dremel. So I tried it out with some rouge jewelers compound, and WOW it works. Like REALLY well. Dremel used: Dremel 8000-03 10.8-Volt Lithium Ion Cordless Rotary Tool. Buffing wheel used on dremel: Dremel 414 1/2-Inch Felt Polishing Wheel

So the next test was polishing some deeply scratched rings I have, and that required using a mini buffing wheel with some heavy duty compound, and about 15 minutes worth of work. In the future I''d rather send it off to have it done. Buffer used: Mini Bench Polisher Buffer Dual 3" Wheels

But for light scratches and maintenance, the dremel using just the basic mini buffing wheel works amazingly well. I go for a shine every 1-3 weeks, and I''m amazed at how nice my ring continues to look.

That''s that, and I hope anyone searching for a solution has found this post.

-steev

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results