shape
carat
color
clarity

polished ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sbeja

Rough_Rock
My diamond solitare ring was polished. Is it supposed to have black ash like on the bottom of the ring? Also, a prang was snagging clothes and in need of repair. The crown had a six prongs spread out.WELL apparently the prongs are now different. Two prongs are closer together than before. Is this common when repairing prongs? My solitare has taken a completely new look. PLEASE, I need advice ASAP.
Thank you,
sbeja :confused:

lacina

Shiny_Rock
Are you thinking you got ripped off?
I would say most jewelers are very cautious before they accept a diamond of great value for repair. The reputable ones will map the stone before
they take it in that way you know you are getting your stone back and hasn't been switched with another customers diamond. This is why most new Diamonds are sold with laser inscription it is handy and no mistakes can be done!
Good luck with your ring It seems like the nw prongs will need some adjustment and the stone setter will have some explaining to do!

George

sbeja

Rough_Rock
Thank you for replying. Yes, I think I got ripped off.
sbeja

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It does not sound as if you were "ripped-off" at all. The blash dirt is probably polishing compound that some sloppy clerk or workman did not steam off. A prong or two can be oved in a polishing process by accident. Again, if they are sloppy people, they may not have checked to make it right before you picked up the ring.

Bring your problems to their immediate attention. Nearly every store will correct these little problems with nothing but an apology....

Not everyone is a crook....Although there are plenty of them to go around.

sbeja

Rough_Rock
I feel much better after reading your message. In a few minutes I will be going to the jeweler so they can fix my ring.Thank you for responding.
sbeja:wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results