shape
carat
color
clarity

Polish: Excellent or V Good --- big deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hardsearch

Rough_Rock
Just wondering if whether the Polish of a diamond is GIA rated as Excellent compared with Very Good.... it is noticable to the naked eye?

Im trying to pick a diamond and just wondering how much emphasis I should put on it. (I know there are 101 other things to worry about two... but I have got most of those figured out now)

Be interested in your opinions.

Thanks. A

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I have heard from experts and others on here that no, you can''t detect the difference between the two with the naked eye.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 1:12:04 PM
Author:hardsearch
Just wondering if whether the Polish of a diamond is GIA rated as Excellent compared with Very Good.... it is noticable to the naked eye?

Im trying to pick a diamond and just wondering how much emphasis I should put on it. (I know there are 101 other things to worry about two... but I have got most of those figured out now)

Be interested in your opinions.

Thanks. A

Is it a Round or a fancy? It is my understanding that in some fancies even the difference b/w VG and G can be negligible. With rounds I would want at least VG.

hardsearch

Rough_Rock
thanks for the info.... I am looking at a princess cuts so particulary interested from their point of view.
Anyone else agree/disagree with the above?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
With GIA, I would not have a problem considering VG. But I would rule out Good (possibly just a ''mind clean'' thing for me). I also recommend checking out AGS''s ideal princess cuts.

hardsearch

Rough_Rock
sorry to be a newbie but where are ''AGS''s idea princess cuts'' to check out?!
26.gif

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a link to one:

http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/a-cut-above-princess-cut-diamond-55132.htm#

Both White Flash A Cut Above brand and Infinity have AGS0 Princess diamonds.

Maybe the Price Scope Search Engine is not set up to pick AGS0 Princess diamonds??!!

I did a search limited to AGS Certed Princess diamonds and selected "In House". Then I looked at different AGS Certs until I found an AGS0 cut to link for you.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to threadjack heardsearch, but I have a related question...sort of. Since polish and symmetry seem to be referred to in the same breath, does the same apply for symmetry? Can a diamond (princess and round, specifically I guess) have any combination of "very good" and/or "excellent" and still be considered a quality diamond? Thanks!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 5:04:11 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Sorry to threadjack heardsearch, but I have a related question...sort of. Since polish and symmetry seem to be referred to in the same breath, does the same apply for symmetry? Can a diamond (princess and round, specifically I guess) have any combination of 'very good' and/or 'excellent' and still be considered a quality diamond? Thanks!
Yes, it's the same for symmetry in rounds for sure, not sure on Princess.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ellen! Always so helpful...
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well thank you mam, and you''re welcome!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
A difference between VG and EX polish wouldn''t bother me at all. I would be slightly more concerned if it was good or the symmetry was only good. I''d focus on the other cut parameters more, they will impact visual appearance and performance more.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results