shape
carat
color
clarity

Polish and Symmetry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kizor

Rough_Rock
assuming a diamonds table%, crownn height %, and depth % are to my liking, how much focus should go into the polish and symetry criteria. will a good polish sparkle more than a very good? Or should i hold out for an excellent polish? Same question for symmetry. Thanks.

Kizor

nycguy

Rough_Rock
you should wait for confirmation from some other experts, but from what I have seen and read, very good or excellent on a GIA report is basically indistinguishable. if its an AGS report i would go for ideal, as i know they are a little more levient in these categories than gia (for ex. i've seen stones that have gotten very good on gia for polish but have gotten the highest polish rating from ags). good on gia is also fine, but you may begin to see a little bit of difference.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Good/Good is fine, assumong that the stone is nicely cut. You cannot really see a difference between good and very good without a VERY high magnification... Excellent is, obiously, the best and you MAY be able to see a difference between good and ex. This is for round stones. In emeralds and princesses you can definitely see a difference between good and excellent... Especially in symmetry...

kizor

Rough_Rock
I am looking for princess cut. Would u recommend exc/exc over vg/vg or will it not matter when viewed by human eyes.

Kizor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results