shape
carat
color
clarity

Pole Dancing???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Ive seen before on some shows that its a good workout...and then just saw it again on Brooke Knows Best.. and was wondering if anyone had done it, and if so did you get an awesome workout?? Id ONLY want to do it for a workout.. nothing more.. But it really looks like you''d get a good arm/stomach workout.... :)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really wanted to do this! I signed up for a class once but they told me we had to wear heels during the workout and I decided that was way too risky. I''ve broken my left ankle three times, I don''t want to risk doing it again just to have a super fun workout.

I still really want to try it, though!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
My sis took classes before. She had a lot of fun. It''s about feeling good about your body. And they do make you wear those stiletto heels. My sis said the heels actually help on some moves.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
BB soo scandaloussss, haha! There arent any places around here that offer the class but if there were I''d def get one of my girlfriends to do it with me. I heard its a great upper body workout and thats perfect for women because we''re stronger on the lower half. I also heard that it depends on who teaches the class and what level its taught at - if theres only one level of class offered and its slower and more cautious the workout aspect of it can be really minimal.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
... also - there was an episode of the girls next door where kendra (and maybe the other girls - I cant remember) went to go take a class and it seemed like loads of fun but the gym they took it at offered the class in a room with glass walls on 3 sides so theres weird shots of these men standing in the weight areas outside of the room watching them pole dance on the inside - that creeped me out
3.gif
Location would be a big decider for me, ha!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Eh, most classes arent going to teach you the moves that really would give you good workout. You can buy a stripper pole with a platform & go to town at home.
31.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I''ve thought of signing up for a class but I worry that all the girls there would be super skinny already. Anyone see curvier girls in the classes?

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 8:45:04 PM
Author: oobiecoo
I''ve thought of signing up for a class but I worry that all the girls there would be super skinny already. Anyone see curvier girls in the classes?
Women of all shapes & sizes take the classes it''s all in good fun.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I really want to find a place that does this! Unfortunately most of my money is going towards Weight Watchers right now...but since my company will reimburse me for that, it gives me time to find these classes! Woohoo!

Thanks for the reminder. I keep forgetting I want to do this.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I am curious about it myself....

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
We went pole dancing for my gf''s bachelorette. It''s not easy but it was absolutely a hoot. We didn''t actually do a workout. We were taught some of the beginner moves. Watch out for the pole burns.
32.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 10:12:28 PM
Author: CdnBlingGal
We went pole dancing for my gf''s bachelorette. It''s not easy but it was absolutely a hoot. We didn''t actually do a workout. We were taught some of the beginner moves. Watch out for the pole burns.
32.gif
LOL pole burns.. that sounds like it hurts!!! I soo want to try it.. but I cant seem to find a price in Orlando that does it?!?!?! My BF really wants me to go :) good thing he didnt see u could buy a stripper pole at the hustler store in ft laudy on BKB tonight haha

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 12:46:48 AM
Author: blondebunny

Date: 9/24/2008 10:12:28 PM
Author: CdnBlingGal
32.gif
LOL pole burns.. that sounds like it hurts!!! I soo want to try it.. but I cant seem to find a price in Orlando that does it?!?!?! My BF really wants me to go :) good thing he didnt see u could buy a stripper pole at the hustler store in ft laudy on BKB tonight haha

Is Stripping Slim Fitness in your area? There is a website in that name check it out.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Haha - Nope. Haven''t taken a class. I''m sure DH would love it if I did!
9.gif
31.gif
For the purpose of getting in better shape of course!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 2:24:43 PM
Author: Miranda
9.gif
31.gif

ha ha ha ha Miranda. The problem with me is, if I was at the bottom of the pole, I probably couldn''t get back up
23.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I've taken classes and actually enjoy it.

To be honest, the beginning isn't that much of a workout. Because you're learning all of the spins, it's just a WHOLE lot of spinning (which made me dizzy and I'm not prone to getting dizzy at all). I did feel it a little in my arms, but because I rock climb multiple times a week, my arms are pretty strong to begin with.

It wasn't until I got into many of the upside-down moves that I started to feel it more. I'm a big fan of using one's own body to build muscle, having the weight of my whole body over my arms (and still controlling the spin) was a better workout for my upper body and abs and then I started to enjoy it more. There are also moves where you grab the pole with your legs and lift yourself up, which was a better workout. Also, most girls only brought heels to the first class (then promptly took them off). Even our instructor would teach the class in a pair of Nikes.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 2:28:51 PM
Author: Linda W

9.gif
31.gif

ha ha ha ha Miranda. The problem with me is, if I was at the bottom of the pole, I probably couldn''t get back up
23.gif
Heehee Linda! You could always have one installed to find out!
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha - Nope. Haven't taken a class. I'm sure DH would love it if I did!
9.gif
31.gif
My huband would be thrilled too!

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that one can rent poles so the moves can be played out at home! (or one can make a fool out of oneself at home! At least that would be me. I cannot even walk two steps in high heels
7.gif
)

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 2:48:37 PM
Author: MC

9.gif
31.gif

I''m pretty sure I read somewhere that you can rent poles so you can play out the moves at home! (or you can make a fool out of yourself at home! At least that would be me. I cannot even walk two steps in high heels
7.gif
)
9.gif

Pole rentals? Hmmm. I''m not sure how I''d explain the stripper pole in the bedroom to my 14 year old!
23.gif
Hahaha!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Say it''s a baton!
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
No thanks. I''d be really mortified when I bend the pole to a 90 degree angle. Plus I''d take out someone''s eye with a stiletto.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 2:47:54 AM
Author: TravelingGal
No thanks. I''d be really mortified when I bend the pole to a 90 degree angle. Plus I''d take out someone''s eye with a stiletto.

OMG ha ha ha ha ha
1144969br703fi17c.gif
you crack me up.

Linda

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/25/2008 2:56:37 PM

Date: 9/25/2008 2:48:37 PM
Author: MC

9.gif
31.gif

I''m pretty sure I read somewhere that you can rent poles so you can play out the moves at home! (or you can make a fool out of yourself at home! At least that would be me. I cannot even walk two steps in high heels
7.gif
)
9.gif

Pole rentals? Hmmm. I''m not sure how I''d explain the stripper pole in the bedroom to my 14 year old!
23.gif
Hahaha!
tell him you are practicing to be a firewoman.
crackup.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I'm with Linda. I'd never get back up.
I can just see myself with one leg up in the air and the other dog paddling in the air trying to get upside down. Makes me laugh just thinking about it.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I took a series of classes for exercise a few years ago when I lived in England--it was lots of fun! I haven''t done it since, but I totally would.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 8:40:52 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
... also - there was an episode of the girls next door where kendra (and maybe the other girls - I cant remember) went to go take a class and it seemed like loads of fun but the gym they took it at offered the class in a room with glass walls on 3 sides so theres weird shots of these men standing in the weight areas outside of the room watching them pole dance on the inside - that creeped me out
3.gif
Location would be a big decider for me, ha!
UM YA. I used to frequent a gym that had their group classes in a glass room like this, and it was SO WEIRD... I think there should be RULES about this. I was doing the power hip hop class and there was all these drooling weirdos watching us! VERY annoying!!!!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 8:23:15 PM
Author:blondebunny
Ive seen before on some shows that its a good workout...and then just saw it again on Brooke Knows Best.. and was wondering if anyone had done it, and if so did you get an awesome workout?? Id ONLY want to do it for a workout.. nothing more.. But it really looks like you''d get a good arm/stomach workout.... :)
I''m sure I''d hurt myself... esp in heels... I got the Carmen Electra Striptease DVD set... waiting for my houseguests to vacate and I''m going to start it up! LOL! I''ve heard good things about the pole dancing classes, but I second all the PP''s above about the public gym issues... as cute as you are you''d end up with a stalker! WHY are the group rooms glass!!!???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results