shape
carat
color
clarity

plz explain to me about setting responsibility???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

siknastyinc

Rough_Rock
ordering a tacori setting and from what i understand that if i send my diamond in to them they will mount it but they will not take responsibility for it? 1 im not sure if this is true 2 what does responsibility mean? if the stone is chipped? if it falls out?...what?
3. does anyone have personal experience should i let tacori do it or my local jeweler or just whomever will take responsibility for it? thanks to all who can shed some light on this for me
36.gif

cl2ysta1

Rough_Rock
well either way you should get a homeowners policy or jewelers insurance on the ring to cover theft, loss of the stone etc. Second off. I think basically since you are not buying the stone from them that they arent going to guarantee it in the setting or something of the sort. I was told that at a local jeweler also. I wouldnt worry about getting it sets by tacori. I''m sure theyw ill do a fine job, but get it inspected when you get it to make sure everything is ok. Your insurance policy will cover if anything happens to the stone.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 12:53:08 PM
Author:siknastyinc
ordering a tacori setting and from what i understand that if i send my diamond in to them they will mount it but they will not take responsibility for it? 1 im not sure if this is true 2 what does responsibility mean? if the stone is chipped? if it falls out?...what?

3. does anyone have personal experience should i let tacori do it or my local jeweler or just whomever will take responsibility for it? thanks to all who can shed some light on this for me
36.gif

1) that is often the case. many jewelers though will offer protection even if the designer is setting the stone. doesn''t sound like that is the case with your dealer though. Check with tacori and your jeweler to be sure.

2) responsibilty means who is responsible if the stone chips or something happens to it while it''s being set. Jewelers Mututal offers a plan where they will cover the stone while it''s being set if you continue coverage with them for I think one year. others have set their diamonds in cheap temp. settings and added the coverage to their homeowners policys (make sure it''s a scheduled rider) and then the homeowners would cover during the reset (into the tacori for example)

3) i''d have tacori set it if possible. we''ve seen many, many examples here of folks designer settings getting messed up when the local benchfolk try and set it.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 12:53:08 PM
Author:siknastyinc
36.gif
Most people prefer to have the diamond vendor set the stone because they take responsibility if it''s damanged during setting.

However, designer settings present a challenge because designers usually won''t warranty their settings if anyone else works on them.

One way around this is to get separate insurance on the stone and let Tacori set it. This preserves the warranty on the setting and protects you in the event of damage to the stone, but it''s not easy to get....not all insurers offer it.

If you had to choose between taking a risk with the setting or with the stone, I''d take the risk with the setting and let the diamond vendor set the stone. There is less $$ at risk with the setting, and it''s easier to replace than a specific stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI, sik! Where are you getting the diamond?

siknastyinc

Rough_Rock
I BOUGHT THE DIAMOND OFF OF EBAY ACTUALLY, I KNOW ITS SKETCHY BUT FINANCIALLY I HAVE NO CHOICE I CANT AFFORD A 6000 DOLLAR 1 CT DIAMOND
I ENDED UP GETTING A 1.04 GIA I/SI1 THAT WAS EYE CLEAN AND LOOKED TO HAVE A GOOD CUT I DIDNT HAVE ALL THE MEAS. TO RUN HCA BUT THE TABLE AND DEPTH LOOKED IDEAL AND I TRUSTED THE SELLER. IT HAS STRONG BLUE FLUORO WITH NO MILK AND PAID 3800 FOR IT SO IM HAPPY I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO AFFORD A TRUE H&A BUT I JUST CANT
7.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
http://www.jewelersmutual.com/
Date: 10/30/2007 1:31:00 PM
Author: aljdewey

One way around this is to get separate insurance on the stone and let Tacori set it. This preserves the warranty on the setting and protects you in the event of damage to the stone, but it's not easy to get....not all insurers offer it.
Ostensibly, one way to get it insured is with Jeweler's Mutual, if you can get represented for them an appraisal for both the diamond and the setting.

We've said this for some time here, and you can search here on how you do it (also see the update below my signature).

More recently, JM says it's not only good because we can trust them to insure the diamond once you sign up...but they had said they'd even put it in writing! By October.

Anyone want to check them? If they haven't done it yet...they do still have a few hours to make good on the promise.

Walk through their application. See if when about to complete it, they still ask you to confirm the diamond is already set. If not...you'd be good in writing. If so...well...supposedly they're still good for it, and Denver Appraiser has seen them make good in some instances of this, from what I read here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results