shape
carat
color
clarity

Pls look at this Alexandrite

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
I purchased this in an auction. Afterwards I noticed something on my big computer I had originally assumed was a reflection. I asked if its a chip. They noted its an "inclusion". can I get an eye on this. I also notice the color in the new picture. Does it appear synthetic or any issues. Would you have any concerns about this inclusion?
7e09e78021019e08942d75697bf42582.PNG

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
162615077_1_x copy.jpg
Original image. It clearly has a color change but in addition to the inclusion the purple color makes me concerned its synthetic its very very purple.

Voodoo Child

Shiny_Rock
The colors look legit based on your two photos, and alexandrite is type II, so some inclusions are expected. That’s a pretty big one though. Did you buy from a reputable place and did it come with any sort of report?

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
Can we get a rough idea of price and size?

(that will temper how much I demand there be a lab report) :razz:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s an unusual inclusion. Is it a natural on the underside facets?
with Alex the incandescent colour depends on the light type and purple is usual. And unfortunately incandescent light anywhere is rare to find. All LED or fluorescent. I find it’s the daylight colour and % change that matters more.
And daylight colour can depend on time of year and where you are in the world.

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
It will be about $750
Platinum with diamonds also
No report
I can get one and will

I had originallt asked if it’s a crack and the more I look at it it still looks like a crack despite the consignor calling it an inclusion

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very underpriced if it is $750, which makes it rather suspect.

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
it was at an auction house and sometimes things go for low... I've bought legitimate Tiffany jewelry that was passed up for a great price. Sometimes things go for outrageous and sometimes it's a great deal. Search my threads I also got a ring elsewhere for 750 with an alexandrite same size. I watch for the deals and because people were actively bidding its not a total example of the price; sometimes there just arent many bidding or wanting that item.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
its a beautiful
I purchased this in an auction. Afterwards I noticed something on my big computer I had originally assumed was a reflection. I asked if its a chip. They noted its an "inclusion". can I get an eye on this. I also notice the color in the new picture. Does it appear synthetic or any issues. Would you have any concerns about this inclusion?
7e09e78021019e08942d75697bf42582.PNG

it looks a really lovely piece
i hope it turns out to be a huge bargain
when you wear it can you see the problem ?

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your help everyone
I noticed the spot after I won the auction but before paying
So I asked here while they reached out To the consigned
I’ve decided to complete the purchase
I’ll send it to Gia and hopefully get a good report

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
I did a reverse image search and this exact item is available on ebay for $525. Hope you haven't paid yet...

IMG_7304.png

Hunter of Gems

Rough_Rock
I thought I set this up correctly IMG_20231229_115056 (1).jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results