shape
carat
color
clarity

Pls help with my Pear diamond!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

daphinney

Rough_Rock
I''m totally new here, but you guys seem very informative and I know you can help me, so please be patient with me! My husband and I just purchased my "replacement" engagement ring (lost my original, long story!). Anyway, I originally had a 1 carat round H color, and it was beautiful! Anyway, I decided to replace it with a 1.5 carat I color Pear shaped diamond which I bought at a reputable online source, which they claim to be an "ideal cut". Now, don''t get me wrong, its a beautiful diamond, and sparkles like a christmas tree, BUT, when it hits direct sunlight, I see a darkened area, which I now learned is a "bow-tie" effect. This diamond looks awsome, EXCEPT when it hits sunlight, it has that darkened area! I would think an "ideal cut" diamond would not display this, but like I said, maybe you guys can lead me in the right direction, is this normal for pear shapes??? I can give you any more info you might need. Thanks!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, pretty darn normal for most fancy shapes. If it is a huge bowtie, then it is not an ideal cut, but more than likely it is just fine. A lot of people say that they get used to it eventually and just accept it as part of the cut.
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results