shape
carat
color
clarity

Pls help to choose 2ct cushion diamond!

Hhyunkim1

Rough_Rock
I am upgrading my diamond. Bc I am upgrading from BN. It is very hard to choose from pic and video. I ordered one cushion and flew portland to pick it up. But there was a bow tie effect(I attached the pic below) It was sparkly beautiful but bow tie was too obvious. Shape was little rectangle. Ratio was 1.16

Pls help me find diamond from these diamonds. I like more chunkier shape which is really hard to find. X shape is good too.
G color above and vs2.
If you dont think these diamonds are not good, pls recommend from good diamond from BN. Thanks a lot!!!

1. 2.14ct G/VS1 $20266 (I am little worry about black shadows in the middle)

2. 2.22ct F/Vvs2 $ 19650

3. 2.01ct E/vs2 $ 19471 (little worry about this dark shadows in this diamond)

4. 2.01ct D/vs1 $18371 (more crush ice facet?)

20191004_120630.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would it be correct to assume your budget is around US$20k and you are seeking high colour and clarity?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to ask if you had seen / considered vintage style cushions, such as the AVCs:
but I see that you are 'stuck' with BN due to the upgrade program.

I am not able to look right now but others may be able to have a look through for potential options for you :)

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you see "black" in the videos, that is the diamond reflecting the environment (usually directly in front of it). It can happen in most diamonds at some angles, but should be minimized by good cutting. However, in videos, it is darn near impossible to avoid the "black" because a camera is directly in front of the gem (most of which are black). You want to look for clear, crip facets that all turn on and off.

Carefully compare the 2.22 F VVS2 (not active facets) in the area I highlighted to the 2.14 G VS1.

1571057233039.png

1571057319820.png

Can you see that the facets of the 2.14 are all active vs. the 2.22. To my eyes, it is the best of those you posted. The last one, 2.01, is crushed ice. They are hard to pick via video, but that has some potential. I'd rather see much more facet activity -- but, videos and crushed ice are a tough combo.

What style do you want? crushed ice or crisp facets?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hhyunkim1

Rough_Rock
Thanks for replying. I like crisp facet one. Now I can tell more crisp in 2.14 ct vs 2.22 ct.
Do you think 2.14ct looks good?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These also have potential. We need some other fancy shape lovers to jump in here!

***Looking at this again, don't put this on your list. Too much obstruction straight on****

Also, you'll note that we pretty much ignore the cut rating for cushions. They are generally not helpful.

Once you've narrowed your list down, folks can help rate them. Also, compare the size in mm (not weight). That is the only reliable way to compare the size of cushions.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for replying. I like crisp facet one. Now I can tell more crisp in 2.14 ct vs 2.22 ct.
Do you think 2.14ct looks good?
I do, but have a look at the others that were posted. I think a few may be too elongate for you. I think you said you wanted very chubby, so I take that as pretty square. See if one jumps out to you.

Hhyunkim1

Rough_Rock
I do, but have a look at the others that were posted. I think a few may be too elongate for you. I think you said you wanted very chubby, so I take that as pretty square. See if one jumps out to you.
I like chucky look and rectangle shape. Rectangle looks classic. X shape is good.

Hhyunkim1

Rough_Rock

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To show you what I saw in the 2.08 that I changed my mind on (as noted above). When this rotates straight on, can you see how the lowers and the X are all black? That is too much to my eyes.

1571058324066.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results