carat
color
clarity

Pls. help recommend a member that does custom settings

G888

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello there,

I'm an ex member and retired gem collector and I need help. I recently gifted a friend with a couple of small stones, an unheated round aqua and morganite or kunzite (forgot to remember!).

My friend is based in the Caymans but travels often to Florida and needs to have the stones custom set.

I used to know folks in the business, but it's been over 10 years and so I feel it's probably best to start fresh. I've tried to sift through a few threads but would prefer to hear first hand from folks.

My friend's respect is very important to me and I'd like to be able to communicate personally with the setter/vendor before I pass along the referral.

At some point I am also in need of setting some of my prized stones and this just seems like a great way to initiate a relationship.

I am not sure how it works here (sorry, please correct me if I am in violation), but of course I am here to support a member primarily but I wasn't sure who to contact because the main sponsors appear to be diamond-centric.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Best,

Mrs. S

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely gift for you to make to your friend!

PS'ers use a number of custom jewelers, and many have worked with the PS diamond vendors and sponsors to create custom pieces. Some of the jewelers/vendors/sponsors also post here from time to time, but the site policies would prevent them from plugging their own businesses on the forum. You might want to peruse the "Show Me The Bling!" forum to see what custom jewelers PS'ers are using, and to see examples of their work. You could also start a thread in the "Rocky Talky" forum asking for recommendations in your area.

G888

Rough_Rock
Trade
Dear VRBeauty,

Ah! Thanks so much! I will look there. I wasn't sure where to start.

Best wishes,

G

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Also, asking the folks in the Colored Stones this question will probably get you some good recommendations for settings.

Warm regards,
Patty

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results