shape
carat
color
clarity

Pls help me pick a birthday stone

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I feel the same as @LLJsmom in my bafflement of that video... Spent more time watching the tweezers and imagining the stone going flying onto the pavement outside!!! :lol-2: Having said that it looks pretty bright and white outside. Perhaps they would repeat the video for you?

You gave stats earlier, sounds like a local report rather than a GIA report? Just bear in mind these won't be so accurate. I know the price was already set and also I feel this vendor seems decent, they have done a lot before purchase (i.e. at no risk to you), so it's not something that bothers me toooo much with this style of stone but it's worth taking that into consideration.

Personally I think you should go for it, you've seen the stone in person, it looks pretty awesome from what you've shown ... Is there a returns policy? I'm aware everyone keeps saying you need to decide with your eyes and to me that means you need to spend a bit of time with it. I guess it's difficult though, if there aren't others you've seen it might be hard to know what you're comparing it to. But weighing everything up this seems to be a really strong stone at a great price from a local vendor. I think it might be one of those stones where you kick yourself if you let it get away.

Let us know what you do!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Lykame to be honest the video was taken by the security guard and sales associate. The pawnbrokers is on a busy street so they probably were trying not to drop it or bump into a passerby.
As for the grading I’ve had a look at it t a few times now with x10 magnification and I’m happy with the inclusions, as it is eye clean at 6 inches away from my face. @Geargirl the diamond faces up really white, so much so I was told it was an I colour. I was not sure and took photos with the diamond on its side and could see some colour and I assumed it was a JK. Anchor cert are known for being good on grading colour as they use GIA master stones to grade. The thing is though it’s soooo sparkly and beautiful you can’t really tell. @Sagefemme when I was in the shop I couldn’t take it off and my finger felt soo naked without it on my journey home! I really can’t wait to see the recut in person.
As my ultimate dream diamond would be a 3 carat OEC I discussed this with the vendor today. We have decided on an excellent price to part exchange my Cartier bangle. He also mentioned that by the time I can get to the shop next week, he will have a 3 carat with similar specs which is still within my price range. @LLJsmom, (thanks for chiming in!) I have the option to take advantage of his upgrade policy. I could trade in at a minimal loss for my holy grail stone if the 3 carat stone he will be getting in at the weekend is not right for me but another comes along in the next few months.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
6E798FFE-7313-42BA-BDAA-B91188CBB03B.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results