shape
carat
color
clarity

Pls help me on the setting

dbug

Rough_Rock
Have been trying to make a decision for a month. Thank you so much for the help you guys have given me. I found a setting on ebay. The link is below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300688919602
It sold by the jeweler called frontjewelers
http://www.frontjewelers.net/engagement/semi-mounts/90-ct-vs-round-diamond-semi-mount-setting-ring-18-k-white-gold.html

I loved the setting but am not sure if its a rip off. They say their diamonds are UGL certified (the pave). Does the certification of the pave diamonds matter. I am planning to buy the center one from BG or whiteflash.

Pls let me know your experiences on ebay settings

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a very pretty setting with an entire boatload of diamond melees. The design is also very lovely. I have no experience with this vendor so I presume that is a stock setting picture. Therefore, I cannot really help you there.

As for the melees, I have never heard of such teeny tiny stones being certified. No labs are going to bother with it because it isn't time/cost effective. In any case, UGL doesn't carry a lot of weight because their grading system is lax compared to the bigger names like AGS, GIA and EGL USA.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i've never bought from them. If it was me I would scour their feedback and see what other ebayers thing of their products. I'd also contact them and see what your feeling of them is based on their communication with you. Vendors usually use the best possible photo for their auctions so you have no way of knowing what i'll look like irl. The photos also look there is a good chance of photoshopping.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen a few UGL reports. If I remember correctly they look like credit cards? If they're the ones, then if I recall they grade everything as it's set and, I'm not, but something is telling me that they also have a suggested valuation or something on the report. I guess I would take the report with a pinch of salt but in the meantime, do you think the setting is a fair price? If you do, when you get it why not pop into a local jeweller and see if they can give you a quick indication of the colour and clarity.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results